News JJ re-signs to 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Johannisen is now a ‘Bulldog for life’ and he couldn’t be happier.

The 24-year-old dasher signed a five-year deal with the Club on Monday, ending speculation about his future and keeping him at the kennel until the end of the 2022 season.

Speaking to westernbulldogs.com.au on Thursday, Johannisen spoke of his journey from rookie list to Norm Smith Medallist.

“Coming in as a rookie, you don’t know how long you’re going to be on the list for, so to make it this far is pretty special and hopefully it can continue on,” he said.

Johannisen has shared the backline with a wealth of experienced heads over the years, from Robert Murphy to Dale Morris, to Matthew Boyd, but the one constant has been another Dogs legend, Rohan Smith.

“I have a had lot of mentors and a lot of experience I’ve played with but probably one in particular is Rohan Smith who was the development coach when I first started here,” Johannisen said.

“He really took me under his wing and he’s been able to grow my game; I just can’t thank him enough.”

Johannisen was taken with the 39th pick of 2010 AFL Rookie Draft and made his debut against North Melbourne in Round 19, 2012.

He will play his 80th game for the Club against Carlton on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back