Toast JJ The Roadrunner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
can't see myself not doing a vision reel of JJ this off season. Guy plays footy in a far too attractive way to let an off season pass through without some JJ vision getting cut up and put together

Sentinel

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
can't see myself not doing a vision reel of JJ this off season. Guy plays footy in a far too attractive way to let an off season pass through without some JJ vision getting cut up and put together
Look no further than post 94 for some of the best, most conclusive and professionally put together JJ footage out there :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WallyStringhaus

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Boy is this guy quietly putting together a great season.

Has had at least 18 possessions in every game so far. In 2017 and 2018 he had 5 games each season where he didn't reach 18 touches.

Of the Defenders across the competition who have had at least 40 rebound 50's and average 22+ disposals, JJ leads them all with 12 Goal Assists (Next best is Rory Laird on 5). This includes names who are firmly in the AA conversation such as Stewart, Sicily, Lloyd, Hurn, Rich, Crisp, Zac Williams, Houli and Daniel.

Back to his damaging best.

Braybrook Son

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Boy is this guy quietly putting together a great season.

Has had at least 18 possessions in every game so far. In 2017 and 2018 he had 5 games each season where he didn't reach 18 touches.

Of the Defenders across the competition who have had at least 40 rebound 50's and average 22+ disposals, JJ leads them all with 12 Goal Assists (Next best is Rory Laird on 5). This includes names who are firmly in the AA conversation such as Stewart, Sicily, Lloyd, Hurn, Rich, Crisp, Zac Williams, Houli and Daniel.

Back to his damaging best.
He’s been great, getting better every week. Even his one on one contests are getting better which really is his Achilles heel

WallyStringhaus

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s been great, getting better every week. Even his one on one contests are getting better which really is his Achilles heel
Has only had 16 'clangers' so far which equates to only 5.9% of his possessions. Only Rory Laird and Jake Kolodjashnij have a better rate (min. 5 games) across the entire comp. Using the ball beautifully.

WallyStringhaus

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's funny, back in 2015 I thought he was a terrible kick. Some time towards the end of 2015 and start of 2016 he learned to take the foot off the gas for a few steps before he kicks and basically overnight his kicking became exceptional.
Spot on Scrag. He was kicking the ball too hard as well. Bailey Williams does it now and Nathan Buckley was guilty of it early in his career. You don't need to split a teammate in half when you kick it to him. The best ball users make the leading player come to the ball. JJ's balance when kicking is absolutely elite.

Hard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's funny, back in 2015 I thought he was a terrible kick. Some time towards the end of 2015 and start of 2016 he learned to take the foot off the gas for a few steps before he kicks and basically overnight his kicking became exceptional.
I think hes always been an exceptional kick. He hs been asked to execute it in an extremely difficult way.

I mentioned in another thread he and Caleb are in the top 4 players in the league for kick rating, which measures each kick against others executing the same kind of kick. Positioning of team mates and opposition players are considered too. Hurn is number 1, cant remember the other one in the top 4.

Golden_6

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He’s definitely back to his best. I’d even go as far as saying he’s in career best form. Been really damaging lately.

Mantis Toboggan

All Australian
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are few better sights than a confident JJ striding out of defence. In 2016 he didn’t even bother looking over his shoulder when he took possession. He was confident that as long as he was sprinting he could burst away from anyone. Great to see him thinking like that again and having confidence in himself. Such an exciting and damaging player.

fpcookie

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
He's just quietly having a ripper season, one of his best.

He is the number 1 rated player in the league for i50 score conversions. That is, around 50% of his i50s result in a score from the following possession.

Top Bottom