Toast JJ The Roadrunner

The Sharks colts, at that. Fantastic find.

Doesn't do the Sharks league side much good when our best colts prospects get drafted! But any East Freo recruit at the Dogs is a favourite player by definition. (P.S. sorry about Jayden Schofield :eek:... hopefully JJ can make up for that schemozzle).

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doesn't do the Sharks league side much good when our best colts prospects get drafted! But any East Freo recruit at the Dogs is a favourite player by definition. (P.S. sorry about Jayden Schofield :eek:... hopefully JJ can make up for that schemozzle).
Wish we could've seen the best of that young chap. Could definitely play!

the conch

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The sheer pace of the bloke is something to behold.

Has the appearance of being faster than anyone else on the field (reminds me of Lewis Jetta circa 2012).
How was that run down the wing with Stanton losing ground. And Grant put on the burners to then make agreat pass for a goal.
It's great we now have some players that don't just put it on the scoreboard, but humiliate opposition and supporters ... Have to include the package, Bob and even Caleb with his skills.

Could argue that honor would be split between Dahlhaus and JJ at the moment.
Nah, it's all JJ
Dahlhaus was well known because he was a ball magnet in the TAC cup who tested well, it's just that he was a terrible kick (like a kicking efficiency of 50%). We just took a punt on him in the rookie draft cause why not?
JJ was completely different. Relatively new convert to the game, South-African born, not even playing WAFL reserves, he was playing WAFL colts, and Dal noticed him. He might have had a bit of worry when he tested so well at the state combine in WA!

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Nah, it's all JJ
Dahlhaus was well known because he was a ball magnet in the TAC cup who tested well, it's just that he was a terrible kick (like a kicking efficiency of 50%). We just took a punt on him in the rookie draft cause why not?
JJ was completely different. Relatively new convert to the game, South-African born, not even playing WAFL reserves, he was playing WAFL colts, and Dal noticed him. He might have had a bit of worry when he tested so well at the state combine in WA!
WAFL Colts is where the better young players play. The best will play league, but a young player playing reserves is a pretty random thing not least because no scouts would go to those games.

WAFL Colts is where the better young players play. The best will play league, but a young player playing reserves is a pretty random thing not least because no scouts would go to those games.
Sometimes these things come about because of a tipoff by someone sympathetic to the club. For instance, Scott Wynd is alleged to have tipped us off about Josh Prudden.

Maybe that's how Dalrymple discovered JJ?
Still took guts to draft him, even if it was.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Sometimes these things come about because of a tipoff by someone sympathetic to the club. For instance, Scott Wynd is alleged to have tipped us off about Josh Prudden.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Dalrymple say that he likes to rookie players with one or two elite attributes and back us to develop the rest of their games. For example with Dahlhaus it was his agility and ball winning, JJ with his pace and evasion, R Smith with his athleticism, etc. Interesting way pf using the rookie list as opposed to just grabbing highly rated sliders.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
If I'm not mistaken didn't Dalrymple say that he likes to rookie players with one or two elite attributes and back us to develop the rest of their games. For example with Dahlhaus it was his agility and ball winning, JJ with his pace and evasion, R Smith with his athleticism, etc. Interesting way pf using the rookie list as opposed to just grabbing highly rated sliders.
I interpreted it a bit differently. I thought he was saying that with JJ and Dahlhaus specifically, they had elite attributes that he couldn't overlook, but it's not a set rule that he goes by. With Roarke Smith he diverted from that line of thinking and said something along the lines of, "We were just really confident that he'd make the grade."

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I interpreted it a bit differently. I thought he was saying that with JJ and Dahlhaus specifically, they had elite attributes that he couldn't overlook, but it's not a set rule that he goes by. With Roarke Smith he diverted from that line of thinking and said something along the lines of, "We were just really confident that he'd make the grade."
Possibly. Wasn't giving my entire attention to the interview. Think I was completing a Zelda Ocarina of Time speedrun actually. ..:D

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory

Yeah, possible. With Schofield coming as well around that time maybe we did have someone around the Sharks.

Screenshot_2015-10-07-22-57-07.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Jayden Schofeild really showed something in the few games he played for us. Could have been anything that kid. What a pity

Back