Toast JJ The Roadrunner

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah HBF or nothing if we want run and carry it it is JJ if we want more a lock down player we go Duryea over to you Bevo.

Watched a bit of the all-star game from last year yesterday and, although that thing was a glorified practice match, JJ was explosive. Launching from the half back and delivering onto the chest of forwards time and time again. I've got a feeling it's less JJ, and more our setup that hindering him atm.

Watched a bit of the all-star game from last year yesterday and, although that thing was a glorified practice match, JJ was explosive. Launching from the half back and delivering onto the chest of forwards time and time again. I've got a feeling it's less JJ, and more our setup that hindering him atm.

Those games are set up so players look like super stars. No defensive set ups, no zones, almost no direct pressure.

Glorified Whitten Legends Game.

I’m one of his biggest critics, but JJ was brilliant last night. He just seemed to attack every contest, really enjoyed his game last night, best I’ve seen in years, even better than his grand final game if you ask me. Best aggression he’s ever shown on a footy field in my opinion

I’m one of his biggest critics, but JJ was brilliant last night. He just seemed to attack every contest, really enjoyed his game last night, best I’ve seen in years, even better than his grand final game if you ask me. Best aggression he’s ever shown on a footy field in my opinion

He really performed the funeral rites over their carcass with that chase down and tackle in the centre of the ground.

JJ’s run down of Butler last night was brilliant. So desperate at a point in time when the game was buried. Came at him from a mike away

Brilliant - if you haven’t seen it have a look on IG

Shows exactly what we need in that position and it’s beginning to click

Welcome back JJ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JJ’s run down of Butler last night was brilliant. So desperate at a point in time when the game was buried. Came at him from a mike away

Brilliant - if you haven’t seen it have a look on IG

Shows exactly what we need in that position and it’s beginning to click

Welcome back JJ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pointed out that JJ was about 30m from goal when he set off, laying the tackle in the centre circle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That rundown tackle was probably the best single effort any of our players have produced this year. That was brilliant. He ran 60m and made up the distance in seconds. I got laughed at early in the year when I said JJ could have some players worried with his pressure in the front half, it’s taken a couple of months but it seems to have clicked for him now. No he’s never going to be a tackling machine but there’s no reason he can’t up his defensive pressure to an elite level, it’s only going to take a couple of efforts like that to stick in the oppos mind and he’s gonna be having a few blokes coming out of our forward half second guessing themselves knowing he’s buzzing around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back