Injury JK Back Next Week?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
I've just read that apparently someone said at some stage on 6PR this morning that JK is training with the main group and will return to footy next week, straight into the AFL and bypassing the WAFL.

Now, although my second hand report is incredibly deep and thorough, it would probably benefit from someone else who heard the report? I find it odd that he'd come straight back to the Eagles, but this suits me fine.

So yeah, anyone hear the interview (I assume it was an interview...). I suppose the print media will pick this up soon too if it's genuine.

Would prefer to give him a week in the WAFL to sharpen up first but will have to put our faith in the match committee they are making the right move.

Just stick him deep full forward and let Lynch and Darling work up the ground to limit his running

If it's true, this is good news. I would have no dramas at all in putting JK straight into the AFL. Time's running out, the quickest way for him to get match fitness is to play in the AFL, and we all know that even if not fit he will provide a target and put in a contest.

I would play him ASAP. Get him in, get the team back to playing to the right structure and see how it goes. We can't go far without him, so may as well throw him in straight away

Play him as soon as he is ready, test him out before the finals. We need to know either way. Game against Port is probably a good opportunity.

If it's true, this is good news. I would have no dramas at all in putting JK straight into the AFL. Time's running out, the quickest way for him to get match fitness is to play in the AFL, and we all know that even if not fit he will provide a target and put in a contest.

And perhaps most importantly, command the #1 defender and so give Darling a bit of a break.

Biggest worry is the effect playing a half-fit Kennedy will have on our forward press and pressure inside 50, which has been a little suspect of late.

Actually, that's the second biggest worry. Biggest worry is that he'll reinjure himself coming back too soon :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The press has been almost non existent of late anyway. Kennedy is our hardest chaser and stays inside 50, he doesn't need to be super fit. GET HIM IN

Actually, that's the second biggest worry. Biggest worry is that he'll reinjure himself coming back too soon :eek:
Thats the biggest worry, but if his ankle has come up good now and his fitness is reasonable then why not give him a run.

Me likey... Great news, it cant hurt surley?? Apart from re-injuring of coarse, surley it cant have that much of a negative effect?
Best news ive heard in weeks..!
:):):)

Me likey... Great news, it cant hurt surley?? Apart from re-injuring of coarse, surley it cant have that much of a negative effect?
Best news ive heard in weeks..!
:):):)

It won't have any impact on Surly, he only looks out for one guy - Surly.

200px-Surly_Duff.png

I read somewhere today he would be playing next week. Not sure if that was in the WAFL or AFL. But he should come straight back in as a sub I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back