Gugs9

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan
If we were told at the start of the year we would lose 5 of our best players in shuey, gaff, nic nat, kennedy and darling for extended periods, safe to say we would assume finals were a dream.

I know many are flat after yesterday’s loss but personally I am super proud of this team being in a potential top 2 position given what we have faced this year.

Interestingly, I noticed the following win-loss statistics based on when JK and JD have been on the park this year:

Games with JK+JD: 10-0
Games with one out: 4-3
Games with both out: 1-3

I am bullish on our team heading in to finals and if we can get a fully fit JK and JD on the field week 1, its time to give is the flag :p

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep I hope we don't play these guys this weekend if they aren't cherry ripe. We need both to be 100% fit for finals.

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Pretty much this.

With JK & JD in the team we're every chance of winning the flag, without them we're cooked.

It is what it is really...

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If we were told at the start of the year we would lose 5 of our best players in shuey, gaff, nic nat, kennedy and darling for extended periods, safe to say we would assume finals were a dream.

I know many are flat after yesterday’s loss but personally I am super proud of this team being in a potential top 2 position given what we have faced this year.

Interestingly, I noticed the following win-loss statistics based on when JK and JD have been on the park this year:

Games with JK+JD: 10-0
Games with one out: 4-3
Games with both out: 1-3

I am bullish on our team heading in to finals and if we can get a fully fit JK and JD on the field week 1, its time to give is the flag :p
Yep with them in no one will get near us especially if the supply is there

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Sorry for the intrusion, but what injuries have these blokes sustained and when are they due back?

JD - was concussed in a tackle yesterday, seemed ok at the end of the game but you never know with these head injuries.
JK - Hairline fracture in his shin, pretty sure it's the same injury from earlier in the year. Club hasn't been giving much away on JK over the last 3-4 weeks, so who the hell knows TBH. They've had the luxury (if you want to call it that) of not having to even think about rushing him back with the two game gap on 3rd & 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In the event of injury to one of them, we need an extra tall down there. One key forward doesn't work.

Sounds like JD will be fine for week 1 at least, reckon you roll the dice with JK, hope we dodge you.

The only way you dodge us is if we lose and hawthorn beat sydney

Otherwise we are playing you guys either her or Melbourne.

This is all based on the assumption you guys spank Freo

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Results have been going our way, to help us cling onto second so far, the promising thing, is JK has shown he can play very well coming off longish breaks

Round 4, first game back 5 goals

Round 17 after missing 3 games, crunch game mcg, 3 goals

Will be hilarious if Freo win. Please do it Freo. Do it for the lols

there could be angry freo fans next week, win or lose, they’ll be angry they lost, and angry if won ( and helped us secure 2nd)

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
JK will 100% play this week. Simmo said they'll be throwing the kitchen sink at Brisbane, and last I checked the entire kitchen is made from Kennedy appliances. I reckon he was ok to play this week but they gambled resting him in hopes it wouldn't come to Brisbane.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
But missing games won't get them match fit. Better to have them in this week a bit underdone, as that will give us our best forward line structure back.
I'd rather miss JK this week than for the entire finals series.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
JK will 100% play this week. Simmo said they'll be throwing the kitchen sink at Brisbane, and last I checked the entire kitchen is made from Kennedy appliances. I reckon he was ok to play this week but they gambled resting him in hopes it wouldn't come to Brisbane.
He can barely jog, no way he gets on a long plane trip and plays. I'm starting to get concerned he wont be right for finals week 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back