Analysis JK + JD in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Even with both of them in the side, I'm not that bullish anymore about our chances to get to a GF,
let alone win one. Coaches and teams have worked us out, and our midfield looks brittle.
Not to say it can't be done, just hanging on for a bumpy ride where anything can and probably will happen?

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
He can barely jog, no way he gets on a long plane trip and plays. I'm starting to get concerned he wont be right for finals week 1.
I actually thought he was ok but some insider info suggests otherwise. I take back my cited optimism. He's a 3% chance to play this week apparently...

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He can barely jog, no way he gets on a long plane trip and plays. I'm starting to get concerned he wont be right for finals week 1.

Same!

Simmo has ruled JK out this week already in his weekly spot on 7... making me very nervous about his recovery. Club is being super cagey on his injury and when he will be back which makes me think it is a lot worse than previously reported. Plus he is not even training at all yet is he?

I don't think there is a huge concern about him coming straight back in - has shown a few times he can have a fair break (no pun intended), come back, have an immediate impact and kick a bag.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Seriously sack the ******* doctor. Naitanui does ACL again (yes different knee but still should have been lighter) and Kennedy can't get back on the park. Look at Goldsack at Collingwood. Playing again in same season after an ACL

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Seriously sack the ******* doctor. Naitanui does ACL again (yes different knee but still should have been lighter) and Kennedy can't get back on the park. Look at Goldsack at Collingwood. Playing again in same season after an ACL
Agree wholeheartedly with this post but it probably comes back to the strength & conditioning guys rather than the medicos. Still insist that he was way too big when he first did it in 2016 and came back just as big. Should have shed 5-10kg this pre-season.

I know he’s probably not an endurance athlete per se but bloody hell he’s at a professional sporting set up, surely they can get him lean and build up his tank? Still seemed to have his leap coming back from the first reco. If coupled with a better ability to cover the ground it would have been an exciting prospect.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Same!

Simmo has ruled JK out this week already in his weekly spot on 7... making me very nervous about his recovery. Club is being super cagey on his injury and when he will be back which makes me think it is a lot worse than previously reported. Plus he is not even training at all yet is he?

I don't think there is a huge concern about him coming straight back in - has shown a few times he can have a fair break (no pun intended), come back, have an immediate impact and kick a bag.
Apparently hE is training but not pulling up
Well but yes I don’t think it takes 6 weeks for general soreness

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Even with both of them in the side, I'm not that bullish anymore about our chances to get to a GF,
let alone win one. Coaches and teams have worked us out, and our midfield looks brittle.
Not to say it can't be done, just hanging on for a bumpy ride where anything can and probably will happen?
Yep if Josh Kennedy is not there we are done ✅. If he and darling both Fire we are a chance

HawkerHurricane

Inaugural Mt. Barker Eagle, Current Bunbury Shark
Oct 12, 2017
Bunbury, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
A Sydney supporter who works along side me says he was chatting to a bloke who has a lot to do with the publication of the "Record" mag - He's heard that JK won't be back this year :eek:
I'd like to believe my mate is just winding me up, but it's what he heard, and I guess his mate would probably rub shoulders with people who might be privy to that sort of info.
This is the last thing I want to hear, I just want more than anything to see the big dog line up in the first week of finals...
luv ya JK, get back on the track and do what you do best mate!

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
A Sydney supporter who works along side me says he was chatting to a bloke who has a lot to do with the publication of the "Record" mag - He's heard that JK won't be back this year :eek:
I'd like to believe my mate is just winding me up, but it's what he heard, and I guess his mate would probably rub shoulders with people who might be privy to that sort of info.
This is the last thing I want to hear, I just want more than anything to see the big dog line up in the first week of finals...
luv ya JK, get back on the track and do what you do best mate!

Have heard this rumour but from zero credible sources. Interesting the media has not picked it up - Hackdorn in particular loves to write about season ending injuries that never eventuate... (elbow that was 'season ending' in 2015 anyone?) but you'd think him and his useless mates would be all over this?

Surely the club would outright say if it was season ending... right? RIGHT? RIGHTTTTT?

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Have heard this rumour but from zero credible sources. Interesting the media has not picked it up - Hackdorn in particular loves to write about season ending injuries that never eventuate... (elbow that was 'season ending' in 2015 anyone?) but you'd think him and his useless mates would be all over this?

Surely the club would outright say if it was season ending... right? RIGHT? RIGHTTTTT?
Have also heard from an unreliable source that it's worse than what we are being told....

Is everyone here happy to make a GF only to be flogged ala 2015?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Haggers gets it wrong. So the fact he is silent means JK is on his death bed.

Vale JK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Not having Nic or Gaff doesn't help our cause either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back