Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since Harry Potter discussion seems to be making its way into every thread and derailing them, I thought I would create a place for all us non-muggles to bask in the brilliance that is HP.

First topic of discussion - How much of a dirty bitch J K Rowling is.

Just look at some of these lewd quotes hidden in plain sight amongst the books:

"There was a groan of bedsprings, and Harry's mattress descended a few inches as George sat down near his feet.

'
So, got there yet?' said George, eagerly."

"Harry turned eagerly to see Dumbledore bending over his cabinet."

"The harder she seemed to pull it over his head, the smaller it would become."

It might also be fun to play the "HP wang" game, that is replace the word "wand" with the word "wang". A lot of very innocent sentences become much less so. Special thanks to Noobz0r for that suggestion.

This example is rather entertaining:

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANG OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!

MWPP por_please_ya Smeg Head Bet on Blue

Before someone whinges this is off topic on this board there is plenty of genuine interest in Harry Potter here and I have a mod's blessing to do this.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good..."

Oh and this probably goes without saying but as I imagine there will be discussion of all the books,

MASSIVE SPOILERS WILL BE IN THIS THREAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

OP NOTE - ANYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD WHO CLEARLY DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE WILL BE BOMBARDED WITH HP REFERENCES AND HP RELATED INSULTS.

Your Hogwarts Housemates here
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...thread-spoilers.1188182/page-20#post-54614040

Find your House, Patronus and Wand here
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/the-sorting-hat

Harry Potter Name Generator
https://harrypotter.bloomsbury.com/au/fun-stuff/name-generator/

Take the Harry Potter Questionnaire

1) Hogwarts House:

2) Wand:

3) Patronus:

4) Ilvermorny House:

5) Magical Name:

6) Top 5 characters:

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter?

8) Favourite book of the series?

9) What would your Boggart be?

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? (And if so, what?)

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts?

12) Which Quidditch team would you support?

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse?

14) Which pet would you have?

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter?

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies?

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies?

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction?

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships?

20) Favourite magical object?

21) Favourite magical creature?

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation?

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why?

24) Favourite spell and potion?

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement?

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade?

27) Favourite teacher?

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised?

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there?

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least?

HP Fanatics

Last edited by a moderator:

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
First 3 books were great, book 4 was a classic, 5 and 6 were alright, 7 was one of the most disappointing and stupid endings to a series ever.
What was wrong with the ending? I thought there were some things that weren't great and some that were. But I think it tied up the series nicely. I could have done without nineteen years later.

Here's how I saw the ending: Harry had to sacrifice himself in order for Voldemort to be killed. But yes the elder wand did feel convenient. And tacked on. That was the worst part. You literally hear nothing about it (or any of the Hallows) until halfway through the book.

I also hated the story with Albus and Grindelwald. I never picked up on the homosexual relationship until after the book when JKR spoke about it in an interview.

Also something that annoyed me was their lack of regard for the unforgivable curses. Wasn't it supposed to earn you a trip to Azkaban? It was a little rushed to the end. I almost feel like they should have split it in half again to finish. Book five might have been horribly padded but the fleshed out story was what was missing in book seven.

Book six was my favourite of the series. I LOVED the background to Voldemort and finding out what he was like as a child/teen. It was a fun book yet had a great amount of darkness in it.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
What was wrong with the ending? I thought there were some things that weren't great and some that were. But I think it tied up the series nicely. I could have done without nineteen years later.

the epilogue was stupid and unnecessary, but I sort of felt cheated. The whole elder wand thing felt sort of cheap and convenient. I thought the series had been building up to Harry killing Voldemort, or Harry sacrificing his life to kill Voldemort, instead Voldemort ends up just killing himself with a wand that doesn't obey him? A tacky ending IMO to an otherwise great series.

LiterallyNobody

30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
RESERVED FOR QUESTIONNAIRE RESULTS​

Last edited:

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the epilogue was stupid and unnecessary, but I sort of felt cheated. The whole elder wand thing felt sort of cheap and convenient. I thought the series had been building up to Harry killing Voldemort, or Harry sacrificing his life to kill Voldemort, instead Voldemort ends up just killing himself with a wand that doesn't obey him? A tacky ending IMO to an otherwise great series.
I like it because he thought he was invincible. He thought he was so superior and intelligent and nothing could go wrong, and that he had essentially conquered Death. And yet he was defeated by his own arrogance.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Last edited:

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda

Last edited:
I agree with you OES about the 6th book. I LOVED IT. It's my 2nd fave after Prisoner of Azkaban. I adored finding out about Tom Riddle's backstory. He's one of my fave characters actually (not Voldemort :p but Tom).

I agree with you OES about the 6th book. I LOVED IT. It's my 2nd fave after Prisoner of Azkaban. I adored finding out about Tom Riddle's backstory. He's one of my fave characters actually (not Voldemort :p but Tom).
6th book rocks.

Watch from 3:30 :D:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back