Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aww I would double like that post if I could OES - awesome stuff. Glad to see that you're raising your kids properly :D . Laughed at the last line too. As an aside- how have you been? It has been ages!
I’ve been good.

I have them this week and I can’t wait to read them more Harry potter. :heart:

I’ve been good.

I have them this week and I can’t wait to read them more Harry potter. :heart:
Glad you have been well.

I remember Bet on Blue (another SC reg who has been MIA) talking about reading them to his kids :) . At the time , yours were too young, but wow time has flown.

Are you reading the standard editions, or did you get the illustrated ones? :)

Glad you have been well.

I remember Bet on Blue (another SC reg who has been MIA) talking about reading them to his kids :) . At the time , yours were too young, but wow time has flown.

Are you reading the standard editions, or did you get the illustrated ones? :)
That was only a year ago. They weren’t too young just not interested.

I bought them the illustrated one for Christmas. Decided to try and get them into HP. Won’t have luck with the elder one but the younger one is really excited. He was watching a movie the other day and I asked him if he wanted to keep watching or read Harry Potter. He kept watching but at bedtime he asked if he could have Harry Potter too! :tearsofjoy:

That was only a year ago. They weren’t too young just not interested.

I bought them the illustrated one for Christmas. Decided to try and get them into HP. Won’t have luck with the elder one but the younger one is really excited. He was watching a movie the other day and I asked him if he wanted to keep watching or read Harry Potter. He kept watching but at bedtime he asked if he could have Harry Potter too! :tearsofjoy:
I love the illustrated ones :) . I was disappointed that they pushed back the release of Illustrated Goblet of Fire. I hope your older one becomes interested later on now that his younger brother is into them. As how he ended up getting both the movie and the bedtime Harry Potter story - smart kid ;)

That sucks. Get better + back to the gym mate.

(when you are better- ease into it too)
Haven’t stopped going to the gym. Should have said bed ridden except for an hour and a half to go to the gym and a 30 minute sauna afterwards to try and sweat the cold out ;).

Thanks though! :)

If you are going to explore that time period I think it would be better to focus on marauders vs snape, with lily being a minor character.
Marauders vs Snape would be good. Lily would start as a minor character but would become a major part further on into the story (later seasons, books, movies).

It would also be interesting to see how Voldemort was viewed during this time as it's the period in which he was building power in a covert manner and his reign of terror hadn't begun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome! Hope you enjoyed the play and Melbourne in general.
I'm seeing it in two weeks. I actually can't wait!
We were blown away by the special effects, acting and humour. I would love to see it again sometime.
Melbourne in general was great too - loved the atmosphere at our game on Saturday night.
I'm sure you'll love it in 2 weeks :)

Just saw the cursed child. It's incredible. Words can not describe how good it is. I've never seen a group that large ensnared in a story like that. Amazing

Just saw the cursed child. It's incredible. Words can not describe how good it is. I've never seen a group that large ensnared in a story like that. Amazing
I'm still gobsmacked at the 'magic' and how they did certain things.
Really glad you loved it as much as we did!

SarahSmiles , did you get Gyton Grantley as Ron? We had one of the understudies (Mark Dickinson? IIRC). He was great. But I was curious as to what Gyton was like!!!
Yeah, we had Gyton, his flawless delivery provided perfect comic relief in what turned out to be quite a dark play

Enjoyed the Cursed Child thoroughly :thumbsu:

My only criticism would be that I found Ginny very shrill and overacted. I still find the storyline very farfetched (even by HP's standards, I mean), but it translated very well on stage.

Last edited:
Has prisoner come out in House editons yet?
Comes out in a couple of weeks :)
I only have the house edition of PS, but I am collecting the beautiful (but pricy and space-occupying) illustrated editions

Nice one

We're doing hard and soft backs in gryffindor
Nice.
I used to think I was far too practical to ever own more than 1 copy of each book, but I made an exception for PS because my early edition is s(p)ellotaped after my family friends ripped the spine and it's very battered/yellow :( . I then got sucked into buying the Ravenclaw PS and all the subsequent illustrated editions to date. Space is an issue, so much so that I've (reluctantly) been converted to ebooks , but I'm going to keep collecting the illustrated ones because they're so beautiful and I actually prefer reading them to the original editions now :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back