Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a few sets that I bought many years ago - the originals, the US editions in hard over and the deluxe editions, plus I've been collecting the illustrated versions. I also have the adult covers in a paperback boxset because I found it really cheap somewhere, they're the ones I lend to people if they want to read them. I haven't been collecting new editions because one row of my bookshelf is already taken up with the above, can't justify the space or really the expense. I'll need to downsize at some stage.

If any HP fans out there would like to give Werewolf a crack (it's basically like the party game Mafia) - I'm running a Harry Potter themed one :)

Picked up prisoner hb and sb in gryffindor editon

Quoting myself, always floggish looking, but ive noticed that they alternate the colours.
So in Gryffindor editions HB of Philosopher is black while SB is red, they then alternate with HB being red for Chamber but black in SB

Its the little things....

Does what House you belong to match your personality?

Here is my questionnaire!

1) Hogwarts House: HUFFLEPUFF

2) Wand: Fir wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ¾" and pliant flexibility

3) Patronus: Hedgehog

4) Ilvermorny House: Thunderbird

5) Magical Name: Eloise Wood

6) Top 5 characters: Harry, Remus, Luna, Cedric and Draco

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter? It's the year 2000. I saw the book in store and asked my mum to buy it for me. We both knew nothing about it. She actually bought be the Goblet of Fire, not knowing it was book 4/4. I tried to read it, but couldn't understand what was going on (obviously not reading the first three books). Then jump to Christmas, 2000. I'm in Germany on a school exchange trip. The host family I was living with asked if I had read Harry Potter. I said no, but I have Goblet of Fire at home but couldn't understand it. They then bought me the Philosopher's Stone for me as a Christmas present.

8) Favourite book of the series? Prisoner of Azkaban

9) What would your Boggart be?
A spider

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? (And if so, what?)
Too much to name, from wands, to scarves, books, movies, soundtracks, letter writing kit, pencils, pens, folders, etc.

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts?
Charms

12) Which Quidditch team would you support?
Montrose Magpies

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse?
Hermione AK

14) Which pet would you have?
Cat

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter?
So many, all my friends love Harry Potter

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies?
Quidditch scenes!

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies?
Harry in B&B

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction?
Yes

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships? Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione

20) Favourite magical object?
Time turner

21) Favourite magical creature?
Phoenix

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation?
Hogwarts Teacher

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Fred, because I miss him and his humour.

24) Favourite spell and potion?
Accio and Polyjuice Potion

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement?
For extra food

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? DA - Olivanders H - Honeydukes

27) Favourite teacher? Remus Lupin

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised?
Playing professional Quidditch and winning the Quidditch World Cup.

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there?
My childhood

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least?
Love the Dragon Egg task, I would not enjoy rescuing people from the bottom of the lake.

It appears as though they've moved pottermore.com to wizardingworld.com and your old logins don't work. But from what I've read if you re-register with the email you used on Pottermore you can access your old details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does what House you belong to match your personality?

I'd argue No, as I got lumbered with the House I felt the least inclined towards....But who am I to argue with the sorting hat?

1) Hogwarts House: Gryffindor

2) Wand: Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ½" and reasonably supple flexibility

3) Patronus: Huskie

4) Ilvermorny House: Whumpus

5) Magical Name: Patrick Finnigan

6) Top 5 characters: Lily Potter, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Nymphadora Tonks, Ginny Weasley

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter? About 20 years ago from my sister

8) Favourite book of the series? Deathly Hallows

9) What would your Boggart be? Snakes

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? A Gryffindor tie, Harry riding a broom, two mugs, a wand

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts? Transfiguration

12) Which Quidditch team would you support? Applebee Arrows

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse? Crucio on Umbitch

14) Which pet would you have? Owl

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter? A couple

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies? Neville killing the snake

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies? The twins and Peeves when they left. Seriously, how hard is it to have a freaking Poltergeist?

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction? Many, many times

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships? James/Lily, Sirius Black/Marlene McKinnon

20) Favourite magical object? The sword of Gryffindor. Look at how Ron used it in A Very Potter Musical. Seriously

21) Favourite magical creature? Hippogriff

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation? Quidditch player

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why? Tonks, so Teddy would grow up with one parent and I love her.

24) Favourite spell and potion? Jelly Legs Jinx, Draught of Living Death

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement? Probably the toilet

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks

27) Favourite teacher? Minerva McGonagall

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised? Me, as the captain of my Quidditch team

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there? The day my best friend got married

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least? The last as most, second as the least.

Disappointing lack of opportunity to rant about how much I hate Snape and Malfoy.

1) Hogwarts House: Gryffindor

2) Wand: Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ½" and reasonably supple flexibility

3) Patronus: Huskie

4) Ilvermorny House: Whumpus

5) Magical Name: Patrick Finnigan

6) Top 5 characters: Lily Potter, James Potter, Minerva McGonagall, Nymphadora Tonks, Ginny Weasley

7) When and how did you first learn about Harry Potter? About 20 years ago from my sister

8) Favourite book of the series? Deathly Hallows

9) What would your Boggart be? Snakes

10) Do you have any Harry Potter Merchandise? A Gryffindor tie, Harry riding a broom, two mugs, a wand

11) Which is your favourite subject at Hogwarts? Transfiguration

12) Which Quidditch team would you support? Applebee Arrows

13) If you could cast an unforgivable curse on any character, who would it be and which curse? Crucio on Umbitch

14) Which pet would you have? Owl

15) Have you made any friends through Harry Potter? A couple

16) Which is your favourite scene from the movies? Neville killing the snake

17) Which cut scene do you wish they had included in the movies? The twins and Peeves when they left. Seriously, how hard is it to have a freaking Poltergeist?

18) Have you ever read HP fanfiction? Many, many times

19) Favourite canon and non-canon ships? James/Lily, Sirius Black/Marlene McKinnon

20) Favourite magical object? The sword of Gryffindor. Look at how Ron used it in A Very Potter Musical. Seriously

21) Favourite magical creature? Hippogriff

22) What is your IDEAL magical occupation? Quidditch player

23) If you could bring ONE HP character back from the dead, who would it be and why? Tonks, so Teddy would grow up with one parent and I love her.

24) Favourite spell and potion? Jelly Legs Jinx, Draught of Living Death

25) What’s the first way you’d use the room of requirement? Probably the toilet

26) Favourite places in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade? Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks

27) Favourite teacher? Minerva McGonagall

28) What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised? Me, as the captain of my Quidditch team

29) If you had access to a pensieve , which is the memory you would put into there? The day my best friend got married

30) You’re in the Triwizard tournament – which task are you most comfortable with completing and which are you least? The last as most, second as the least.

Disappointing lack of opportunity to rant about how much I hate Snape and Malfoy.
MrsEddieBetts can we please get this man a badge?! :)

How many of you guys have watched A Very Potter Musical/Sequel/Senior Year on youtube? They're hilarious.
Haven't seen it actually. I've heard they're good though!

MWPP have you seen them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back