Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
When: Thursday 1st March

Where: UNSW Canberra Oval

Time: 7:10pm

AFL FOOTY IS BACK!
Another season for us pies fans is fastly approaching and like many pre seasons before we are filled with hope and optimism in hope that we break our finals drought. Our journey starts in Canberra against GWS.

As with all pre season games the number 1 main thing you want out of the game is no injuries. Also, whilst the result doesn't particular matter all that much it is nice to see some good ball movement and some good skills.

I can't see us going into this game with a really strong line up given that we already know we will be missing some star players such as Moore, Howe, Elliott, Fasolo, Wells. All of which are a decent chance to play JLT 2.

What i hope to see from this game is what i mentioned above - no injuries first and foremost. Secondly i hope some of the younger boys get a taste such as Stephenson, Murphy and Murray. Play the likes of Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom in my opinion but limit there game time, maybe 60-70% game time.

What is everyones thoughts leading up to our first JLT? What would you like yo see?

B: L.Dunn 15, B.Mihocek 41, F.Appleby 31
HB: J.Crisp 25, A.Oxley 43, T.Langdon 8
C: J.Smith 40, T.Adams 13, J.Aish 14
HF: T.Varcoe 18, C.Mayne 16, T.Broomhead 29
F: C.Brown 17, M.Cox 46, B.Maynard 37
Foll: B.Grundy 4, S.Pendlebury 10, S.Sidebottom 22
I/C: J.Blair 11, J.Stephenson 35, J.Thomas 24, T.Goldsack 6, W.Hoskin-Elliott 32, S.McLarty 23, B Reid 20, T.Phillips 21

Emerg: S.Murray 9, B.Crocker 39, J.Daicos 26, M.Scharenberg 12

Notable absentees: Daniel Wells, Adam Treloar, Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe, Jordan De Goey, Alex Fasolo, Levi Greenwood

Last edited by a moderator:
Keen to see Stephenson in the flesh. He's lightning quick. Anyone else heading up? It's been nearly 20 years since we've played in Canberra.

The intra-club always necessitates a division of forces, which makes it hard to gauge forward and defensive set-ups...so I'm keen to see what we look like against opposition.

As for individuals:
- Keen to see if Aish can continue to assert himself;
- Hope that Murray stakes a claim;
- I think that Scharenberg was quite physical in the intra-club, but otherwise quiet. Want to see both...more physicality and more of the ball;
- Want to see more of Sier. His involvement and speed surprised me the other night, would like to see more of it...and more kicking.

Keen to see Stephenson in the flesh. He's lightning quick. Anyone else heading up? It's been nearly 20 years since we've played in Canberra.
We played North Melbourne in 2001 which was the last time we came to Canberra. Was a memorable moment for me because I got to walk across the oval talking to Bucks. Was the highlight of my life at a ripe age of 11. http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=352&Code=a5b941af11193860c869ce32e42584a9

I’ll be there with bells on. I’ve played and watched a lot of games at manuka but it’s different when your team plays there. Even though it’s a pre season game.

Hoping for another close look at McLarty.
I recall some posters referring to him as slow - but to me looked 'bullocking' in the intra. Thought he moved really well & keen to see what other attributes he's got.

I would not Call McLarty Slow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should beat em but just really wanna see the fast pace game we've been trying to do all pre season.

Only on Fox or the AFL Live Pass. If you're a Telstra customer (or know someone who's a Telstra customer) you can get a Live Pass for free.
The Telstra AFL app is not working if you have an older version of the iPad it's causing a lot of grief

Only on Fox or the AFL Live Pass. If you're a Telstra customer (or know someone who's a Telstra customer) you can get a Live Pass for free.
J Albert

You can actually get a free week through the AFL app (even as a non-Telstra customer) if you subscribe for 1 week, then cancel your subscription, you're given a 7 day free trial. Have to watch it on your phone/tablet though or stream it to a larger screen.

J Albert

You can actually get a free week through the AFL app (even as a non-Telstra customer) if you subscribe for 1 week, then cancel your subscription, you're given a 7 day free trial. Have to watch it on your phone/tablet though or stream it to a larger screen.

Can you keep doing the Week Sub when ever you want?

Can you keep doing the Week Sub when ever you want?

It's purchased through your iTunes account (if using iPhone like I am) so presumably not unless you keep creating accounts. If it works on Android you could probably use something like BlueStacks to emulate an Android device on your PC and go through a bunch of different Google Accounts though...

Good. I'll go to $15 steak + wine night at the Elsternwick pub next Thursday then plonk myself in their sports bar to watch the game.
Mmmm, sounds like mighty fine steak & wine for $15!:p

Loved the old Wick, dark & plenty of corners/recesses to hide in & have hushed conversations.:D

It's purchased through your iTunes account (if using iPhone like I am) so presumably not unless you keep creating accounts. If it works on Android you could probably use something like BlueStacks to emulate an Android device on your PC and go through a bunch of different Google Accounts though...

Though IF You did keep using Different Accounts they could match them up by your IP Address

Yeah I’m flying up for it on Thursday, my old man lives up there and also bleeds Black and White..looking forward to it.

Pretty much the only reason to actually want to go to Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back