JLT 1 - Tigers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is only 4 days to our first hit out and we need to start getting outraged by who has/hasn't been given a chance. Our selection this week will be an indication of
1) The lack of vision of our selectors.
2) The lack of depth of our squad.
3) The undue influence of Camporeale and Clarke.
4) The dawn of a new post-Noble era :D.

We have 44 listed players and only 26 can play on Friday. We will find out more from who misses the cut than who makes the 26. My selections are as follows;
Injured: Sloane, B Crouch, Lever, Thompson
Not yet ready to rumble; Seedsman, Brown, Cheney, Himmelberg, Signorello, Davis, Keath and Jarman

That means we need to leave out another 6 players.

So for me, we should "rest" Jenkins, Walker, Hartigan (or Talia), Betts, Jacobs and Lynch.

My squad would be;

Kelly Otten Doedee

Smith Talia Laird

Cameron M Crouch Atkins

Knights McGovern Milera

Menzel Dear Beech

O'Brien
Hampton
CEY

Galluci, Wigg, Mackay, Douglas, Poholke, Gore, Greenwood and Hunter.

Any other guesses?

Keen to see Hampton line up in the center square and Greenwood roll through there at times as well.

Gallucci, Menzel, Hampton, Wigg and Doedee are the players i see pushing into our 22 from the ones that didnt get a crack last season they they will be the ones i will be watching the closest. Would love to see Greenwood explode this season as well. He would be a very hard matchup to stop if he was rolling through the midfield. The fact that i haven't heard his name mentioned at all this pre-season suggests hes still a way off though.

I'm very keen to see Doedee, Hampton, Milera, Menzel, Gooch, Poholke and Greenwood out there playing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would like to see Wigg, Doedee, Hampton, Menzel,Kelly, Dear, Greenwood, Gore, ROB, Beech, Keath get plenty of game time, these 11 are clearly the ones that are probably going to be needed this year. Mlera I think we know what he can do. The other two can have a look but neither hear nor there at this early stage in their careers

It is only 4 days to our first hit out and we need to start getting outraged by who has/hasn't been given a chance. Our selection this week will be an indication of

We have 44 listed players and only 26 can play on Friday. We will find out more from who misses the cut than who makes the 26. My selections are as follows;
Not yet ready to rumble; Seedsman, Brown, Cheney, Himmelberg, Signorello, Davis, Keath and Jarman

So for me, we should "rest" Jenkins, Walker, Hartigan (or Talia), Betts, Jacobs and Lynch.

My squad would be;

Kelly Otten Doedee

Smith Talia Laird

Cameron M Crouch Atkins

Knights McGovern Milera

Menzel Dear Beech

O'Brien
Hampton
CEY

Any other guesses?

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. Just some thoughts on the squad:

It is a bit weak and I wouldnt be suprised if 1 or 2 from your "rest group" are included. If I remember correctly from last year, we played only one game (in wa) with so many 2s players in the team.

I did also notice that you only have one member of the leadership group in the team. On saying that I have no idea whether the club would consider that an issue.

My pick would be any of Walker Lynch or betts to be included.

Considering this is the only match of ours outside of SA, I wouldn't be surprised if we rested almost our entire senior squad.

Hopefully we get to see Doedee, Menzel, Hampton, Greenwood, Wigg, Gallucci and Poholke in action

Would really like ROB to get as much time in the middle throughout the entire series as possible, Sauce concerns me and we need a genuine back up plan

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me posting.

Do you guys have much of an idea on what your club's plans are in terms of this Friday? I understand from what Balme said that Richmond is planning to be close to full-strength (or at least decent strength) in all three JLT series, so was wondering what the Crows were planning to do.

My squad would be;

Kelly Otten Doedee

Smith Talia Laird

Cameron M Crouch Atkins

Knights McGovern Milera

Menzel Dear Beech

O'Brien
Hampton
CEY

Any other guesses?
First game of the year , it's always good to have the captain run out and he's been injury free so would be good to get him up and about

Agree that Jenkins and Lynch don't need to be playing as late starts to pre season

Betts - I'd be inclined to play him as well . He just loves playing footy so let him

Do you guys have much of an idea on what your club's plans are in terms of this Friday? I understand from what Balme said that Richmond is planning to be close to full-strength (or at least decent strength) in all three JLT series, so was wondering what the Crows were planning to do.
Hard to say. I've heard Pyke say we'll try to give everyone 2 games at most, but I would take a guess and say we'll send over a younger side with Sloane, B.Crouch, Lynch, Jenkins, Cheney, Thommo, Seedsman, Lever, Brown etc all recovering, or just recovered from injuries.

So i'd take a guess and say we'll play less experienced guys like Milera, Menzel, Wigg, Dear, Doedee, Gallucci, Poholke, Hampton, Beech, Greenwood, O'Brien etc. and then maybe top it up with best 22 players like Walker, Betts, M.Crouch , Talia, Smith, Laird etc.

Hard to say. I've heard Pyke say we'll try to give everyone 2 games at most, but I would take a guess and say we'll send over a younger side with Sloane, B.Crouch, Lynch, Jenkins, Cheney, Thommo, Seedsman, Lever, Brown etc all recovering, or just recovered from injuries.

So i'd take a guess and say we'll play less experienced guys like Milera, Menzel, Wigg, Dear, Doedee, Gallucci, Poholke, Hampton, Beech, Greenwood, O'Brien etc. and then maybe top it up with best 22 players like Walker, Betts, M.Crouch , Talia, Smith, Laird etc.
Oh OK, thanks for that. It'll be interesting to see what path Pyke takes for this game in terms of team selection

I'd probably go something like

FB: Doedee, Talia, Kelly
HB: Smith, Hartigan, Wigg
C: Atkins, Hampton, Cameron
HF: Knight, Dear, Menzel
F: Milera, Walker, Betts
R: O'Brien, M.Crouch, CEY

I: Otten, McGovern, Hunter, Greenwood, Gallucci, Beech, Gore, Signorello

Maybe play Tex for half a game, let McGovern and Dear try and carry the forward line as the talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From headlines in the rag this morning:

ADELAIDE is working to three main themes this AFL season — and Crows captain Taylor Walker expects this new blueprint and raw energy in a younger midfield group to defy the return of the “black cat” curse at West Lakes.

Suck it up, Negative Nellies.

Well Sloane, B. Crouch and Lever are all injured. Thompson (best 22 status is dubious at best) also out, while Brown, Cheney and Seedsman have had lingering issues over the pre-season. That's at least 3, at most 6-7 best 22 players that won't be available due to injuries. Two of our best 3 midfielders are confirmed to not be playing.

As this match is our only game outside of SA, I suspect we'll go with a younger side. Wouldn't surprise me if players like Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, Betts, Smith and Talia were rested.

ADELAIDE is working to three main themes this AFL season — and Crows captain Taylor Walker expects this new blueprint and raw energy in a younger midfield group to defy the return of the “black cat” curse at West Lakes.

Younger? Thommo will be like

59678085.jpg

Here's my side:

B Laird - Hartigan - Cheney*
HB Douglas - Otten - Doedee
C Cameron - Hampton - Atkins
HF Knight - McGovern - Milera
F Menzel - Dear - Beech
R O'Brien** - M. Crouch - Wigg

I Hunter** - Seedsman* - Gallucci - Greenwood
I Ellis-Yolmen - Himmelberg - Gore - Poholke

*if fit
**will play a half

Missing: Sloane, B. Crouch, Lever, Walker, Jenkins, Talia, Betts, Lynch, Smith, Brown

Talia has a broken nose, so I don't think we will play him until the last game. With Lever out & Cheney under a cloud, we could see a bit of a different back line.

Oh OK, thanks for that. It'll be interesting to see what path Pyke takes for this game in terms of team selection
Last year we played quite experienced teams in all three pre-season matches including all except a handful of our best 22 players against the West Coast chicks in the first pre-season game. We "rested" a couple of players in Round 2 against Freo in Mt Barker W.A. but even then 16 of that squad played against North Melbourne in round 1.

Last year the key to our pre-season was developing our game plan. IMHO this pre-season will focus on trying different players in the midfield and also testing the ability of players to be used in a variety of roles. Last year we "rested" Betts, Talia, Thompson, Walker and Jacobs for the WA trip. I would not be surprised if we did the same thing on Friday.

lol, there are no negative nellies, only skeptical sams - if that actually happens the only upset people will be the Scott Thompson fan club for old ladies on Facebook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back