JLT 1 - Tigers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad he's playing there in the JLT. With any luck Mackay will fail and Don will realise actually there is no place for him in the best 22.
Problem is teams dont tend to try to hard in the JLT. Knowing Mackay's luck he will play on a rookie and give him a bath as long as he isnt knocked over.

The more this pre-season goes on, the more pessimistic i become for our upcoming season.

Problem is teams dont tend to try to hard in the JLT. Knowing Mackay's luck he will play on a rookie and give him a bath as long as he isnt knocked over.

Exactly what I was thinking when watching the Suns v Lions in the MMC. Aaron Hall an early Brownlow favourite :rolleyes:.

If a borderline best 22 experienced player goes full throttle in the MMC they look superb. THE MAESTRO will not be fooled by this (though it may have been different if Thommo was playing in the JLT). Even the Hawks v Geelong match looked a million miles from the 2016 finals pressure.

The JLT may tell us a bit about our KIDS but it tells us nothing about our experienced players.

Sorry to isolate this post but I see it happen often. What is with people turning players names into plurals!
Last I checked we only had one hampton, galluci etc. I understand it is referencing that player and players in similar situations but you seemed to have mentioned each player individually as well. The only situation where it justified is for the crouches. Again, sorry to single this post out but it is one of my pet peeves.
The idea was to highlight the usual players that everyone is excited to see without referring to all of them, rather than suggesting we have multiple players with that surname on our list. I'm well aware that none of them have have an "s" at the end of their names. Sorry that wasn't clear.

For what it's worth, I also get irritated when fairly simple names are misspelled like "Tahlia", "Douglass", "MacKay/McKay" and "Ottens". But I don't want to derail the thread any further, so I'll leave it there.

Exactly what I was thinking when watching the Suns v Lions in the MMC. Aaron Hall an early Brownlow favourite :rolleyes:.

If a borderline best 22 experienced player goes full throttle in the MMC they look superb. THE MAESTRO will not be fooled by this (though it may have been different if Thommo was playing in the JLT). Even the Hawks v Geelong match looked a million miles from the 2016 finals pressure.

The JLT may tell us a bit about our KIDS but it tells us nothing about our experienced players.
Unless the experienced players suck like Mackay

I think a lot of us are overselling the Cheney/Brown injuries.

I don't think they've missed a lot of training at all, they've just been managed so that they make it through the whole season and can get to the pointy end of the season without this issue.

Yes they've had "limited" pre-season in a sense, but from what I gather they've still been putting in plenty of work. After all, they are only small defenders and don't need to be midfield fit.

Think they will be better prepared for round 1 than what most of us think.
I was talking about the 1st preseason game & not round 1, when many will be available.

Perhaps Bran Nue Mackae is following the vB pathway. Outside mid to running defender to ??????

It makes me wonder what we have in mind regarding our outside mids. In the first half of the year Mackay, Seedsman and Atkins shared the two "wings". Later in the season, following The Seed's injury, we used mostly The Rat and BNM with occasional spurts from Douglas, Brad Crouch, Brodie Smith and Sloaney.

I am hoping that "trying Douglas and Mackay in defence" is code for Atkins, Cameron and Milera (possibly the Galluch) will be our outside mids :D.
Personally I'm hoping it means Smith into the midfeild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane injured :oops:
Doedee injured:(
Lever injured:'(
Crouch injured:mad:
Mackay looking likely to play:rolleyes:

I'm probably missing others.
We were spiolt last year with ridiculously low injuries. Ok time to have them as we get a good look at depth. Relax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back