JLT 1 - Tigers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

only 26 will actually be named.

I think we will drop Talia due to his broken nose, but not sure who the other 2 will be.
Guessing a ruck will drop out too. I'd lose Jacobs and give O'Brien and Hunter a run.

I'd heard Pyke mention he wanted to give most guys a couple of games, so Knight and Gallucci coming in next week could be best. Gives them a clean run heading into Round 1, rather than taking a week off between matches.

Jacobs, ROB and Hunter all named. I assume one of them will drop out before Friday.

Can see Beech pushing his case over these games and getting elevated. He cant do much more than he has so far.

Guessing a ruck will drop out too. I'd lose Jacobs and give O'Brien and Hunter a run.

I'd heard Pyke mention he wanted to give most guys a couple of games, so Knight and Gallucci coming in next week could be best. Gives them a clean run heading into Round 1, rather than taking a week off between matches.

I'd probably also drop Jenkins to give Dear a shot at playing his role.

So still over a month for our AFL guys to cool their jets if they don't get JLT game time by the looks.....

http://sanfl.com.au/maccas-league-trial-games/#comp_info.cgi?c=0-3289-0-437827-0&a=FIXTURE

From the Crows Website
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-01-30/sanfl-trial-dates
Saturday, March 4 (AFLW vs Lions at Norwood , JLT 5th Geelong at Richmond oval )
Adelaide v South Adelaide
Football Park
10.30am

Saturday, March 11 (JLT vs Lions at Noarlunga And AFLW vs Melb at TIO)
Adelaide v Sturt
Football Park
10.00am

Saturday, March 25 (26th Same day as the AFLW grand final AFL 1st game on the 26th vs GWS at Home)
Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens
Football Park
11.25am

Friday, March 31 (AFL 1st April vs Hawks at MCG (and no it's not a fool day prank)
Norwood v Adelaide
Coopers Stadium
6.30pm

Don't what going on with the SANFL site,

Just hoping we get no new injuries, and we get a hint of the midfield newbies that are supposedly going to propel us up the ladder.

Hopefully Hampton and Greenwood impress, along with those on the Fringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only 26 will actually be named.

I think we will drop Talia due to his broken nose, but not sure who the other 2 will be.
JJ too as had a late start to the season & give us a chance to look at Dear.

Expect 1 of the ruckmen to drop out. I would play both Jacobs & ROB, giving them half a game each. Hunter can get a go later.

Doedee to be assessed in coming "weeks". More injuries they keep quiet. Really poor.
Conditions people to think that it's always worse than they're telling us

I thought we'd put out a stronger squad than the ones guessed at on here, as you need some structure of regular players around which to operate or the whole attempt at modelling the in-season playbook just falls apart and you get nothing from the game.

That said, the squad is a lot stronger than I thought. I assume this is because we've seen Richmond is putting out a strong team and so we have to go even stronger than normal for a pre-season game to keep the ability to run the setup we want.

Should be a good preview for the season.

Adelaide’s squad of 29 is:
1. Jonathon Beech
4. Josh Jenkins
8. Jake Kelly
10. Harrison Wigg
12. Daniel Talia
13. Taylor Walker
14. David Mackay
15. Kyle Hartigan
17. Curtly Hampton
18. Eddie Betts
20. Hugh Greenwood
21. Rory Atkins
22. Andy Otten
23. Charlie Cameron
24. Sam Jacobs
26. Richard Douglas
27. Tom Lynch
28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen
29. Rory Laird
30. Wayne Milera Junior
31. Myles Poholke
32. Troy Menzel
33. Brodie Smith
36. Dean Gore
37. Paul Hunter
38. Harry Dear
41. Mitch McGovern
43. Reilly O’Brien
44. Matt Crouch
Well we talked up our SANFL team last year now we get to see it in action

This could be a very telling point and a possible indication the Gooch is heading to Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back