JLT 1 - Tigers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know, I thought he was quite disappointing. We only had 4 tackles inside forward 50 so his defensive pressure can't have been too good.

I'm worried based on that performance he might not even get another JLT game which would be disappointing.
Think Troy took another step towards the "Bust" column rather than the "Boom" column last night..
One of the points he scored he should have gone over the top to a player free in close from memory?

Think Troy took another step towards the "Bust" column rather than the "Boom" column last night..
One of the points he scored he should have gone over the top to a player free in close from memory?
Yes, was disappointing & didn't put his hand up for round 1...but hopefully gets another chance to stake his claim.

Hard to judge considering that it was his first game at AFL since last seasons pre-season comp

Troy has now had a sighter and next week needs to step it up to give himself every opportunity

Milera an exception... and once his body matures ... click click Boom!

I was thinking after that beautifully waited, 50 metre, boundary-line pass, that hit Tom Lynch on the chest (which he dropped) "It must drive Wayne Milera nuts to have kicked the ball that perfectly, only for the guy to drop it". His foot-skills are a thing of beauty.

If he gets picked.
Will get another preseason game... So hopefully he can find more of the ball & make the most of his opportunities.

Wasn't a bust last night, but hardly a pick me performance. Hopefully blown away nerves playing for new club.

Im a bit worried about our ruck stocks at this point.
Sauce is on the decline, and ROB cannot be a serious option until he fixes his kicking. The days of a tap ruckman that handballs only is over.

Said this 18 months ago! The club has been completely oblivious to the lack of ruck stocks. ROB has been touted at the messiah but don't see him getting much game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay loved the Menz to Hampton In the third. Also thought Dear did some good things in the ruck and crashing packs. Got to remember first game for some of these guys!
Menz laid a shepard on a bloke coming after the ball carrier after he fired off the handball. Good to see little things like that, a lot of our blokes don't do it and sit back for the receive again.

I was thinking after that beautifully waited, 50 metre, boundary-line pass, that hit Tom Lynch on the chest (which he dropped) "It must drive Wayne Milera nuts to have kicked the ball that perfectly, only for the guy to drop it". His foot-skills are a thing of beauty.

I think he's way ahead of the curve in footy iq too! just give him the pill...

Well given you have some teams that play in rd1 but others that don't, and ditto for th the remaining rounds, I'll let you work it out!

I said first game not the first round. I just checked and the first two rounds the bench is extended to 8 players, but for rounds 3&4 teams are allowed 6 on the interchange.

In 2 years when he has more size and muscle to better handle the inside role, I will put my house on M Crouch being a 1st tier player.

I agree dear in the ruck was impressive.

I have to admit, I didnt notice him too much in the ruck. But the comments on BF make me wonder, can he be our Tom Boyd type player? If Sauce can't get back to a good level and if ROB isn't up to it, then we have a choice of 2 ruckman that will lose more than they win. Would we lose that much more if we went with Dear instead? What we lose we might make up for with him being a mobile ruckman that can do damage when he gets a rest up forward. Having said that, his kicking was awful. But so were a lot of blokes on both sides who are usually good kicks, so give him a pass on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back