AFL Autopsy JLT 2: 28 point loss to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We're allowed 26 players for JLT games, with a bench of 8, so we won't need to drop anyone before the game tomorrow. We'll just rotate them more and treat the extra bench spots like a substitute, I think that's kind of what you're alluding to? Fantasia is definitely on limited minutes building back up after an injury, not sure who else. Guess Ham being a newbie will be limited minutes as well depending on his endurance at this level.

Thats extremely unlikely for the last JLT game

Last year we played 24 players and....

Mckernan played 16%
Jake Long 20%

Maybe the shorter turn around might change things

Last year JLT 2:
Essendon 24 incl 2 players less than 20%
Fremantle 24 incl 1 player with 30%
WCE 23 players incl Rioli 19%

Maybe we will play 24 instead of the 23 i suggest and due to it being so close between guys such as Baguley, Langford, Parish, Myers ect in the team

Last edited:

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Very close to our best 22 - if Brown (who I think will play forward) has a big game he should hold his spot for round 1, which may keep McKernan out - though this will also depend on how well Bellcho gets through this game..
Same could be said for Ambrose and Ridley - if they play well they should keep their spots, but if either are poor they could make way for Hartley in round 1. Laverde an interesting omission... I think they'll line up a little more like;-

Francis Hurley McKenna
Ridley Ambrose Saad
Smith Heppell McGrath
Tippa Brown Langford
Stringer Daniher Fantasia

Bellcho Shiel Z.Merrett

Bench from: Zakka Myers Parish Guelfi Baguley Ham D.Clarke Draper

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Jokes aside, no way Laverde isn’t playing because it’s Geelong and we’re superstitious. If that was the case we should shut up shop now.

Curious as to whether he isn’t playing as they were happy with him and have seen enough, if they weren’t happy with him or if he is being managed. I thought he was great in the quarter and a bit he played last week.

Jokes aside, no way Laverde isn’t playing because it’s Geelong and we’re superstitious. If that was the case we should shut up shop now.

It's obviously not the reason, but you can't tell me you're not relieved!!

Broadcast details
Broadcast coverage via Fox Footy starts at 7:00pm - or Kayo etc.

Online score updates via the AFL website, Twitter or Facebook.

You'll probably get the score from here too of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back