Unofficial Preview JLT 2: Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker's second half of 2017 was really good, leading up to and marking on the wing. Problem is he's got no class. I wouldn't see him getting a game in a premiership team. Eric has got some tricks but is still too light to make a contest. Our biggest problem continues to be the kick into F50. It's just awful.

Probably why he is at Brisbane

Ironically in 2017 we were number one for goals scored once the ball was in our forward 50
If we are able to hold the ball in our forward half for longer periods (unlike last year) then that number will naturally decline anyway. Because you are then always kicking the ball back into an already conjested forward line.
Which is what happened for much of yesterday. It all comes down to delivery, and a bit of smart thinking.

Ironically in 2017 we were number one for goals scored once the ball was in our forward 50

What were you watching?
Lions kicked at 55.5% goal kicking accuracy last year - bloody horrendous!!!
I could guarantee 5% improvement minimum with BAKE (Brutus Academy of Kicking Excellence) for 100k a year :)

What were you watching?
I could guarantee 5% improvement minimum with BAKE (Brutus Academy of Kicking Excellence) for 100k a year :)

Can you improve kicking at goal while on the run, under pressure, in wet conditions and when low in match fitness?

It's TRC
Timing
Rhythm
Co-ordination

Some players got it..... some don't......obv it's a bit to do between the ears also.

If you could fix our ball movement so we get more shots in or near the corridor instead of low percentage shots under pressure and near the boundary it would be more useful.

No TRC = Cale Hooker, Joe Daniher, Buddy, Daniel Rich, Stef Martin,
TRC = Tory Dickson, Plugger, Tim Membrey, Velvet Sledgehammer, Cyril, Doug Wade, Huddo
What were you watching?
Our percentage is too low and for $100k so is yours. We'll call you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just watched parts again and still seriously cringe at Harris Andrews running action. Major problem

Andrews outplayed his direct opponent (who scored one goal on him, big deal) and went at 77% DE against Lynchs' 33%. Andrews has plenty of room for development like most 21 year olds but surely picking on his running is stretching for something to pick at.

Steph is in good shape. I wondered if this might be the year he starts to slow, but it might just be that he has a couple of good years yet. Tough for an emerging ruck but thats how the cookie crumbles. He will have to wait for an oppurtunity in the ruck or kick bags of goals every week and convince **** he can offer something up forward. Tough to mangage in the NEAFL though but not impossible.

Edit: Wrong thread I think. Was joining in on the Oscar will need to bide his time vibe on another thread.....

Andrews outplayed his direct opponent (who scored one goal on him, big deal) and went at 77% DE against Lynchs' 33%. Andrews has plenty of room for development like most 21 year olds but surely picking on his running is stretching for something to pick at.

He's slow and always off balance because of his style when chasing the play. Good under the ball but well behind when contesting with a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back