JLT-2 Crows v GWS on Friday 8 March at 6.40 p.m. ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Both sides seemed really focussed on ball movement through traffic and defensive setups but not much else. Seemed very laid (both teams) after half time. On the onehand no need to go crazy, on the other hand why not practice round 1 stuff properly, we must be pretty confident we can bring it.

Ball movement and defensive set ups is practicing round 1 stuff properly.

Forward line sputtered a little tonight all except for Walker who really looked good. the midfield and defence were very good. Milera huge numbers and a great game. Chayce..... his tackling was nuts. Something we have lacked since Charlie was around.

Hard to get into it when you have been sitting on the bench for 3 quarters. Thought he did a couple of nice things

Found a fair bit of the ball, layed a particularly nice shepherd at one point, and had a shot at goal from a contested marking situation where he earned the free.

I mean, when the person bagging him out for effort then posts a defense of the low quality of the game on the basis that it was 'bruise free'...

Looks like Round 1 we’ll see...

B: Kelly - Talia - Doedee
HB: Laird - Hartigan - Smith
C: Milera - B Crouch - Seedsman
HF: Lynch - Walker - Atkins
F: Betts - Jenkins - Knight
R: Jacobs - M Crouch - Sloane
Int: Jones - Murphy - Douglas - Gibbs

Emg (from): O’Brien, Keath, Greenwood, Ellis-Yolmen, Fogarty, Mackay

Only question marks are whether the selectors will go with Keath or Hartigan (seems to me like they’re leaning towards Kyle), and whether they’ll opt to rush Greenwood in over one of Jones, Knight, Murphy or Douglas.

Kelly is not the way I’d go, but it’s clearly happening.

I think Keath/Harto will be a tight call. If Hugh comes in it won’t be Dougie going out, it’ll be Murphy or Jones.

Nice cruising game. Didn’t really get out of third gear.

Jones is almost a lock now for round 1? Milera was awesome. Would be nice having Brown back and hopefully we can get Greenwood in the round 1 team.

Riley Knight has to be in the round 1 team too, had a great game tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our chase and pressure was great, tackling too.
Our defensive setups really seem to stifle opposition, after the game settled we had total control of the game when we wanted it, just like with the port game
Chayce was the most overperforming player tonight, Knight second I reckon.
We didn't do bad in the ruck, jenkins was quite good
Several senior players seemed to be only going at half pace, but if they control the game that well with them only going half pace well then....
Good effort off a 6 day break in punishing conditions
Gibbs was ok, should cruise into round 1 nicely.
Center clearances annoyed me again, often we brought it out in the oppositions direction, at least we havent been turning it over this year.
Some of our switch work was promising again, still not great but better than last year.
Our kicking through their zone seemed to work no worries, same thing as what happened in port game but we played on a lot more in that one.
Seems we have some reasonable depth, going to be some in form players that miss out on round 1.
Milera doing some good intercept marks.
High possession game and laird didnt really do that much and sloane got taken off.

Great game tonight, keeping GWS goalless for two quarters was awesome.

Milera superb, has gone up another level. Knight and Jones deserve a round 1 spot. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Greenwood miss week 1 and Murphy stay in there, too

Think they go with Harto over Keath. Kelly will be the Brown replacement

B: Kelly, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Hartigan, Laird
C: Milera, Sloane, Seedsman
HF: Knight, Walker, Lynch
F: Betts, Jenkins, Jones
R: Jacobs, Brouch, Mrouch
I/C: Gibbs, Douglas, Atkins, Murphy/Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back