JLT-2 Crows v GWS on Friday 8 March at 6.40 p.m. ACDT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Question: I’m a team built up of 22 role players, What is Dougies role?

Surely even the most devout Dougie fan can see just how lost he has become in this side!

He’s essentially a B grade level Crouch Brother... And we have 2 of them
Should be depth

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Surely even the most devout Dougie fan can see just how lost he has become in this side!

He’s essentially a B grade level Crouch Brother... And we have 2 A grade versions of them
My fear is that because he will provide a tiny bit more than Jones or Murphy in the short term they will play him instead of one of them.

I wouldn't though, and with Greenwood pushing his case the pressure will be on.

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
My fear is that because he will provide a tiny bit more than Jones or Murphy in the short term they will play him instead of one of them.

I wouldn't though, and with Greenwood pushing his case the pressure will be on.
Douglas 13 touches, Jones can not go out for him.

Douglas or Murphy are the only 2 who could come out for Greenwood and Murphy applies the pressure we want.

It’s only a matter of time before Douglas is out.

LoBu

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's done, Jones has shown that he's ready, Gooch to come in too, can't see more than 12 games for Dougie

He’s essentially a B grade level Crouch Brother... And we have 2 A grade versions of them
On Pixel using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thread starter #841
Pretty crazy Stengle isn't in our best 22.
Were you at Thebby for the under 23 trial?

As I said at the time, Chayce, Smurphy and Ned are all in front of Stengle. He knows how to kick a goal (particularly Joe the Gooses) but his defensive pressure needs to improve.

He has the skills to be a very handy AFL player but he has to work harder for longer.

I was more impressed with McAdam but he also needs to build his tank.

Shaz2012

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Were you at Thebby for the under 23 trial?

As I said at the time, Chayce, Smurphy and Ned are all in front of Stengle. He knows how to kick a goal (particularly Joe the Gooses) but his defensive pressure needs to improve.

He has the skills to be a very handy AFL player but he has to work harder for longer.

I was more impressed with McAdam but he also needs to build his tank.
It’s a long season and Eddie Betts is getting on. Hopefully we “manage” him a few times and get a look at Stengle.

Betts are off

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's done, Jones has shown that he's ready, Gooch to come in too, can't see more than 12 games for Dougie

On Pixel using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d say he’s good depth, and a versatile player, but nothing more. I just hope we don’t need to use that depth.

I’ve cheered for Dougie over 200 times, but despite what most people feel, I seriously think the guy is hanging by a thread

Betts are off

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
You mean getting them back? Well I bloody hope he does :). He can start at the Gold Coast.
True, but I think he might have better luck with GWS.

And as much as I love Izzy and Luko, I would be thrilled to lure Hately back, recon the kids got a Scott Thompson-esk career written all over him

Shaz2012

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m in the camp that thinks Dougy isn’t best 22 anymore. But I thought he did ok today. Was handy while not prolific. He’s a smart player Dougy.

But as others are pointing out it’s about pressure. If we play Murphy, Knight and Jones in the same 22, bloody hell we will have some pests running around. The three of them in the same area would be a nightmare.

Top Bottom