JLT-2 Crows v GWS on Friday 8 March at 6.40 p.m. ACDT

Bay62

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think with the new kick out rule we may want to limit our misses.
Up to now haven’t seen too much damage done offensively from the kick out but perhaps come round 1 the new tactics may be more evident.
It could be that a shot for goal could decide the game in the last few plays. More so than before.
Very good point

It’ll be interesting. The new rule means every team will have a player eg Smith capable of roosting it to about the wing. The down side of that is that the longer the ball is in the air over distance the easier it is to get to, so it’ll be to a contest

Will be interesting to see various tactics develop and be countered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I can't blame Buckley being ropable there, seeing all of the fundamentals just didn't happen. Good chance for a statement too.

It's not a coaches job to make it enjoyable for the fans, just to win.
No, but that's the game the AFL want and the coaches are going to do everything in their power to stop it from happening.

Carmo

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we're trying to limit our misses, then last night was an epic failure for both teams.

A lot of GWS shots were from general play, but Adelaide missed a lot of very gettable set shots.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I counted one walker miss that was deliberate, took a step then kicked, gets a point, carefactor zero. I reckon he might have deliberately missed another too.

BACCS

BigFooty Juggernaut
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gary Putland, Redbacks, Oz Cricket
Questioning if Milera was best 22 in the first quarter, then we had "Milera has answered that question" in the last quarter.

Come on, anyone that just follow footy even a little bit would know Milera is starting 18 for us, a paid commentator certainly should.

Sorry if your post was being sarcastic not serious.
I don't think the wider footy community would know if he was definite starting 18. But seriously, one comment you disagree with and the guy can't commentate? Might as well say you can't do your job if you make one mistake.

Jeffcrowe

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Highlights.
Crouchx2 69 touches, but 14 tackles as well. Elite
Our Fab Four mids (+Gibbs/Sloane) are as good as any 4 in the comp
Jacobs improved significantly from last week.
Milera 29 @ 100% (though I reckon he missed a handball target)
Smith, Seedsman, laird across half back. Elite skills, elite decision makers. Smith particularly.
Jones tackling and kicking 😍
Liked knights game, but I always do. Not the most talented on the list but brings the right intensity at all times.
Talia/Doedee both set for AA standard years.

Not so good:
Atkins into Man on the mark twice. Carn.
Same old Kelly and Hartigan. Great one minute, shambles the next.
Dougie looked off the pace in the first quarter. I think he’ll still play rd 1 but there’s plenty of pressure behind him. I see galluci as a like for like for him, so he’s probably lucky the gooch is underdone. Experienced though when the pressure goes up in the real stuff.

Jenkins/lynch perhaps adapting to new roles in 6-6-6 - they’re probably the two players most negatively affected.

I’d say ROB/CEY/FOG TO drop out
Keath or hartigan.
And then Maybe greenwood for Douglas/Murphy/jones.
Super side!
Can’t see Greenwood round 1 , we will give him 3 games sanfl for fitness , missed big chunk of pre season and his fitness is his only real weakness

No need to rush him

Jeffcrowe

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s one of the handful of VFL campaigners who still can’t see past the Vic teams. He can GAGF.

I’m always amazed at his uncanny ability to know exactly what a player is thinking.
In 2017 when we were flying he tipped against us the last 2 minor round games then all 3 finals , he finally got one right at the end

The Sloane Ranger

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Can’t see Greenwood round 1 , we will give him 3 games sanfl for fitness , missed big chunk of pre season and his fitness is his only real weakness

No need to rush him
We do have history of playing Greenwood in round 1 of limited preparation

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaz2012

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
We do have history of playing Greenwood in round 1 of limited preparation

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Hawks don’t really have anyone that can go with him. But that might also be a reason not to pick him. If it was Sydney for example we might be more tempted.

But R1 you can play well and still lose if the other team can run over the top of you in the last quarter. Its a long season, I don’t see the need to rush him back in.

CroCop

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watch round 23 against Carlton last year anyone who thinks Gallucci is not best 22. I know Carlto are shit but Gallucci is easily best 22 when fit. The question is though whether Mcadam's aerial ability (once fit) is a greater asset to the team as our contested marking can be suspect in the forward line.
Shoulda traded Gallucci last year after bringing in so many smalls . Get something while you can considering he was a first rounder and it was a super draft . Jones, Stengle , McAdam and McHenry will all be in front of him next year and Gooch’s trajectory isn’t looking great .

Yes Gallucci improved last year I agree and that’s why I said get something while you can but aside from that Carlton game and one other in the back half he didn’t do anything exciting that makes me say he’s gonna be a gun . Milera for eg was always gonna get bigger which was gonna help whereas Gooch is already big and probably biggest he will get and he still doesn’t know how to use his strength in a game , he’s a little flaky. Anyway just my opinion .

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Do we actually need commentators? Play Top Gun music instead. We all know what’s happening without it being dumbed down for us.
The good old days of Foxtel when one button press you could have crowd noise only.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Fox Footy used to have an option to mute the commentary and just play sound from the effects mics.

I guess that got too popular and the in air "talent" didnt like it.

You could also pick a ca.era angle. I quite often watched the games from the long and high view.

Let's start a petition! Seriously though a response from Foxtel in regards to why they ditched this would be nice. Probably say costs $$$.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

mistylake

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Watching the womans team and the quicker ball movement they have shown and then seeing a similar style in the men's team is promising in this regard.

It is good to win games in a grind. Even better to do it and be entertained.

In those middle 2 quarters when we pulled away I noticed quite a few of those heart in mouth passes which were a thing in 2017.
It’s something we’ve gotten better at over the last few years the accurate kick through traffic (Hawthorn like) coupled with fast ball movement.

Coopers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dermie has done some coaching at GWS. Still mentors their forwards.

He knows his stuff when he is interested.

He ain't interested in us. Only sees us when paid to talk at our games. It shows when he has our games.

He is a poor commentator. But pretty good on League Teams. Apart from our games lol.
He used to really love Roo and Macca back in the day.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
No, but that's the game the AFL want and the coaches are going to do everything in their power to stop it from happening.
Of course the coaches are. The game the AFL wants gives no reliable method of winning outside of just having a better squad.

Equally no matter how hard the AFL tries, that game they're wanking over is never coming back.

Top Bottom