mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Breretons commentary made me want to skewer my ears.

He just crapped on about GWS. Queried whether Milera would be best 22 this year. Said we are one placed in the midfield and have no player capable of burst in there. Questioned every free kick we got even the obvious ones. Was an atrocious effort.

One of those ignoramuses also said Brad picked up an abdominal strain in the first JLT last year and never came back, for the rest of the year. :drunk:

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of those ignoramuses also said Brad picked up an abdominal strain in the first JLT last year and never came back, for the rest of the year. :drunk:
Do we actually need commentators? Play Top Gun music instead. We all know what’s happening without it being dumbed down for us.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I had exactly the same thought about the kickouts. This was another area where we didn't look too good. There was not too much running clear and playing on, although Smith clearly wanted to on occasion. Part of the reason was that GWS had all their players down there as well, really clogging it up.

In fact, the 666 did very little in this match. Much of the time, all 36 players were in a quarter of the playing area! There was a lot of flooding.

I was a good test against a good team.
Relatively low score and shows that the 666 thing is probably not that big of a deal. They smashed us aerially in first 2 quarters but in the end we overpowered them.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was a good test against a good team.
Relatively low score and shows that the 666 thing is probably not that big of a deal. They smashed us aerially in first 2 quarters but in the end we overpowered them.
6-6-6 wont have as much of an impact in low scoring games due to inaccuracy. Both teams had 22 and 25 scoring shots but were inaccurate. Had a few more goals gone through then even more goals would have followed, the AFL can’t kick the ball straight, the players need to play their part.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Do we actually need commentators? Play Top Gun music instead. We all know what’s happening without it being dumbed down for us.
It’s a bit like when you sell your house the real estate agent has a massive picture of themselves out the front of your house, just an opportunity for self promotion. Then they make you pay for the sign. Hilarious

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Questioning if Milera was best 22 in the first quarter, then we had "Milera has answered that question" in the last quarter.

Come on, anyone that just follow footy even a little bit would know Milera is starting 18 for us, a paid commentator certainly should.

Sorry if your post was being sarcastic not serious.
Yeah this annoyed me too.

Having said that I always like Dermies special comments. He just says what he thinks and you never know what's going to come out next, sure enough one in five comments are not on the money but the others are interesting enough.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Our teams certainly going to have a fair bit more pace about it this year.

Exciting times.
Watching the womans team and the quicker ball movement they have shown and then seeing a similar style in the men's team is promising in this regard.

It is good to win games in a grind. Even better to do it and be entertained.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Footy used to have an option to mute the commentary and just play sound from the effects mics.

I guess that got too popular and the in air "talent" didnt like it.

You could also pick a ca.era angle. I quite often watched the games from the long and high view.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

He just crapped on about GWS. Queried whether Milera would be best 22 this year. Said we are one placed in the midfield and have no player capable of burst in there. Questioned every free kick we got even the obvious ones. Was an atrocious effort.
He’s one of the handful of VFL campaigners who still can’t see past the Vic teams. He can GAGF.

I’m always amazed at his uncanny ability to know exactly what a player is thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos

Still pissed we sacked his best mate.

Fox Footy used to have an option to mute the commentary and just play sound from the effects mics.

I guess that got too popular and the in air "talent" didnt like it.

You could also pick a ca.era angle. I quite often watched the games from the long and high view.

FFS this would have been perfect. The commentary was just garbage. Its been that way though since we got in 91.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Dermie has done some coaching at GWS. Still mentors their forwards.

He knows his stuff when he is interested.

He ain't interested in us. Only sees us when paid to talk at our games. It shows when he has our games.

He is a poor commentator. But pretty good on League Teams. Apart from our games lol.

Large 1

Club Legend
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Listening to Dermie, and one thing epitomised how much rubbish he talks.

He was talking about small forwards but instead of using the term small forward he referred to them as “sub-sized forward”....STOP READING THE THESAURUS BEFORE BED TIME!!!

He was talking about small forwards but instead of using the term small forward he referred to them as “sub-sized forward”....STOP READING THE THESAURUS BEFORE BED TIME!!!

Did you notice he makes s**t up to suit a certain narrative when he analyses play?

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've been thinking about this the last year. I watch a lot of replays where I know the results so I can usually get away with some music on or something. Only problem is it doesn't feel right. I thought maybe just the field mics on would be good? Hearing the crowd, whistles and umpires calls? We really don't need commentary.

Edit : Just saw Geoffa's post

Surely if you had enough money you'd pay Commetti to be your private commentator.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think we, uh, need more submarine sized forwards.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
He’s one of the handful of VFL campaigners who still can’t see past the Vic teams. He can GAGF.

I’m always amazed at his uncanny ability to know exactly what a player is thinking.
I remember just before digital TV came in we were meant to be able to pick our camera angles for sport.
Why hasn't that happened? Surely it couldn't be too hard?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Back