JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

I want a flag or do you think it's better to watch us finish top 4 or top 8 for the next 20 years

Again

Thankyou my competitive for your views

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we finish top 4 we give ourselves a chance at the flag, I would have thought that’s pretty obvious.

You just can’t play in a grand final without playing the season.

So you won’t be watching the minor round or going to games this year and just wait until the Grand Final if we make it?

If we finish top 4 we give ourselves a chance at the flag, I would have thought that’s pretty obvious.

You just can’t play in a grand final without playing the season.

So you won’t be watching the minor round or going to games this year and just wait until the Grand Final if we make it?
If we finish in the finals we are a chance

I'm not interested in competitive when we become like Richmond and it gets so long in the tooth you will finally change your tune

My limit was 20 years heads need to role first problem is the list

I was there, right behind the Crows' bench. Apart from the obvious, I was pleased with Tex, Talia, Sauce. Even Hartigan and Keath weren't too bad and seemed to improve as the game went on (of course, there was the obvious clanger from Harto, but he made them feel his body and spoiled many oppo marks). Gibbs was a bit quiet, but he seemed to be following Cognilio.

We were clearly the better team, but that statement hides quite a lot. Our tackling was absolutely superb, until we ran out of puff in the last. Our one-on-one defence seemed very good overall. We kicked some great goals and points, but we have an enormous amount to work on. (1) I have never seen so many embarrassing clangers on our behalf! If we get those out of our game, we will win by a lot more. They were absolutely atrocious, some from the usual suspects, some not. (2) Our handballing in close was atrocious, so many "half-length" handballs to the ground or oppo. These were amplified because we persisted in doing a sequence of these to each other until the oppo ran away with the ball. (3) The "short kicks" were equally atrocious, many were near airies. (4) Kicking into the man was atrocious also: too much of the taking one step back, hesitating, and then deciding reluctantly to do a short pass, only to obviously kick into the man. What's the matter with either doing the short kick immediately, or running further back and missing the man on the mark?

Sorry for the rant, but there was much frustration.

Two highlights: (1) Tex's rocket long handball, which was an object lesson to all the perpetrators of the crap listed above; and (2) Fog's wonderful "bump" on some oppo in the last which led to a goal. Unfortunately, Fog did several good things, but also participated in the clangers mentioned above.

Finally, they were fitter than us. The last quarter followed last week's pattern: this time Cogniglio and Cameron were the ones running wild: they seemed to be well held earlier. We had to bring on Fog an Cam to stem the tide and they certainly straightened things up.
GWS were rotating 26. We were rotating 23. I wonder if that had an impact. Not sure it did, but it’s hard to tell.

I'm not interested in competitive when we become like Richmond and it gets so long in the tooth you will finally change your tune

So does that mean you are not going to follow the footy this year?

The list you criticise has two top ten picks in it, Gibbs and Jones and is missing 5 quality picks thanks to the admin. It’s also missing quality players the club hasn’t been able to keep.

It’s interesting listening to those in the industry, they all laud our list given these factors.

So whose head has to roll?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Jacobs played well. Can’t find any stats but was good around the ground at times. Made best players.
Much better than last week but I would like to see his hit outs to advantage, I just don’t see his taps doing hell of a lot.

I thought Jacobs played well. Can’t find any stats but was good around the ground at times. Made best players.
I thought Jacobs was looking pretty poor in the first half. Fumbled lots, was getting smashed early in the ruck and kept kicking into the man on the mark. Going going as the game went on, hope he can bounce back this year as we really need him to stand up.

My 2 cents - ideally Kelly, Hartigan and Douglas get replaced over the course of the season.

All 3 either too slow or too error prone. Hartigan the most valuable of the 3 because he can do a solid lock down job.

With Brown down, not sure who replaces Kelly though.

Gallouci for Douglas is easy.

Keath and Talia is enough coverage for most teams. GWS are tall up forward though. Be interesting to see how they line up the defence when all fit.

If enjoying a season is being competitive

But that's your choice

The good thing about you shitting on us is that you're always 100% wrong.

This makes us FAR more likely to win a flag.

And when we do - can you piss off to another board and let us Crows supporters enjoy it? We all know you'd rather be right than have us win - that's been obvious every time you've been wrong.

Last edited:
No

20 years fella

Then you're just an unhappy flog.

You can't enjoy winning. You'd rather we lose, so you can win an internet argument. It's absolutely pathetic, and you're an embarrassment to football supporters everywhere.

The problem is the list??

I don't know how you reveal your opinions in public without dying of embarrassment.

Except for Tex who looked very good the forward line was a bit disappointing. Lynch was quiet and looked frustrated at times as was Jenkins I thought despite kicking 2 goals. Eddie’s brilliance in the first quarter was about his only contribution on the scoreboard. Although he did look lively around the ground.
Considering our dominance in the midfield and in defence we really didn’t capitalize up forward.

I’m not too worried seeing it is only the second hitout for most of these guys. I’m hoping with an improving Jacobs and the 666 rule they can get the ball moving better into the forward line.

Is Riley Knight locked in for a pressure forward spot? And the other spot between Chayce and Murphy?
That’s a good dilemma.

I think Riley is locked in although he was not that convincing last night. If he stays on the park he will no doubt improve and would be a great asset as a forward and tagger.

As for Murphy, I like him even though his set shots are a little wayward at times (strangely his field kicking is very good) but he is fast and lively and capable of taking the odd grab.

But I think Chayce will be something special. His class really stood out at times with limited minutes. Just needs to improve his tank and then he will be first choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back