JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, they were fitter than us. The last quarter followed last week's pattern: this time Cogniglio and Cameron were the ones running wild: they seemed to be well held earlier. We had to bring on Fog an Cam to stem the tide and they certainly straightened things up.
Sure this wasn't because we limited our bench and rotations to treat it like a Rnd 1 dress rehearsal while GWS treated it like a JLT game?

Watching the game again and yes Sauce Ruckwork nit great.

But our mids were pretty good playing to him and we did well when he didnt win the Hitout. The quality of the GWS midfield not that bad though.

Sauce still did very well in that bail out role through the arcs. Given the s**t he receives he still polished it up and sent us forward allowing the mids and flankers to reset down the line.

ROB can't do this and is not exactly light years ahead of Sauce in terms of Ruckwork. For me right now without the hyperbole of a live game Sauce stays in right now.

Harto v Keath I can't split.

I like the forward line set up of Tex n Jenkins and the smalls.

Would love Murphy, Jones and Knighta to play. With Eddie that us lot of tackle pressure.

We will miss Brown. Kelly is the best solution we have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've heard some commentators say about keeping the forwards spread for the bounce.

I think defenders would prefer this, I reckon we will see something like the mid-late 00s kickout huddle where players start in the same area then breakout at the same time to cause defenders to lose their man in the chaos. Having players evenly spread out would give defenders the best chance to leave their man and go 3rd man up.

Harto v Keath I can't split
Hartigan was laughable. Literally, the commentators were laughing at him for attempting a handball, missing the ball completely and throwing it to his direct opponent who walked into an open goal.

Bloke cracks under pressure. He was nervous and fumbly in the first qtr. Of a JLT match at 28 and plenty of experience. No wonder he let's us down in big games. Why pyke persists with him I will never figure out. Swap hartigan for keath/otten and I think we have the perfect team with plenty of depth. Harto in the 2nds as a back up option is pretty good. Locking him in every week to play, regardless of who we are playing or who his opponent is, like they have under pyke is not.

Watching the game again and yes Sauce Ruckwork nit great.

But our mids were pretty good playing to him and we did well when he didnt win the Hitout. The quality of the GWS midfield not that bad though.

Sauce still did very well in that bail out role through the arcs. Given the s**t he receives he still polished it up and sent us forward allowing the mids and flankers to reset down the line.

ROB can't do this and is not exactly light years ahead of Sauce in terms of Ruckwork. For me right now without the hyperbole of a live game Sauce stays in right now.

Harto v Keath I can't split.

I like the forward line set up of Tex n Jenkins and the smalls.

Would love Murphy, Jones and Knighta to play. With Eddie that us lot of tackle pressure.

We will miss Brown. Kelly is the best solution we have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kelly is because we delisted Cheney.

You've just said crows were going to win the flag

I'll take you on a bet to say no way they will

How much or what would you like to wager

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well a market like that doesn't exist. Your essentially asking to back every team except the crows. For example $10 on every team except the crows would cost $170 all up, to win any money you would need a team paying more than $17 to 1 to win to make a cent. If the market were to exist, to back every team except 1 I would expect and would offer you odds of $1.002.

So if you wanted to put a hundred on I would pay you a total of $100 and 20 cents .

My beliefs don't outweigh the odds you would get.

So you haven't enjoyed the football at all for 20 years now?
Apparently not, but marty36 believes in utopia.

Frankly I couldn't give a rat's tossbag that he is miserable... just wish he wouldn't pollute us with so much repetitive crap posting

So we finish the end of the minor round in the top 4, give ourselves a chance to play in a GF and you won’t enjoy it?

Why would you even follow footy this year?
Doesn't he now follow Burton & Port.

Must be happier this week as appears his team is rebounding against a weaker Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be happier this week as appears his team is rebounding against a weaker Roos.
No defense from either team, both 1 way running sides. I wouldn't be confident if I were a port supporter. I take a lot more from us keeping gws goalless in the 3rd and to 3 goals at 3 qtr time with the new rule changes as an indicator that we have the right game plan in place for the new rule changes.

To be fair to Marty (and I haven't had much to do with him other than a negative conversation in here, where people have been clearly pushing his buttons for awhile on reading through the thread)

Maybe what he meant to say was that if we don't win the premiership it's just another waste of a year , regardless of whether we finish top 4. That doesn't exclude him from enjoying the ride, just him acknowledging the fact it was another wasted year and TBF theres been a lot of them.

And he just said it in a way that gave the impression he won't be watching unless we make the GF?

Just playing devils advocate and not a fan of people ganging up on someone, thought I might try and rationalise his thinking.

Blocking marty is the best thing I've ever done but it certainly makes some threads confusing.

What do you mean? Hell I've blocked most of the nutters years ago, Marty was just another one in along line. Sure, threads can be confusing but think about it and write in your mind what these loons are posting and everything makes sense. They say the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Hell I've blocked most of the nutters years ago, Marty was just another one in along line. Sure, threads can be confusing but think about it and write in your mind what these loons are posting and everything makes sense. They say the same thing over and over.

I block non crows supporters but I try and not block any crows supporters if possible, as I like to think we all have the best interest of the club at heart and like to hear all different opinions. The only one I have had to block that's an Adelaide supporter is 1970crow or something was his name. Any other club, and blocking is fine imo. I blocked a bunch of the nutty conspiracy theory essendon fans the other day. Will make the season more enjoyable on here without their conspiracy theories and built up venom.

I block non crows supporters but I try and not block any if possible, as I like to think we all have the best interest of the club at heart and like to hear all different opinions. The only one I have had to block that's an Adelaide supporter is 1970crow or something was his name.

To each their own but as the years went by for me, it just seemed the logical thing to do.

The therapy effort is commendable Donkey :)
Did the billion lightening strikes in Darwin effect you last night though ?

Come on guys, can't we get past the attacks on Marty and talk about the thread title and post our after match thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back