Preview JLT 2: Fremantle vs West Coast. Sunday 4:10pm @ Rushton Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elsleevador

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
We going to miss Sandilands badly. Darcy not a candle yet. Could you imagine what Sandilands would have done to Hickey and Vardy.

Tucker got overwhelmed after a good start. Mundy didn’t get out of 2nd gear, I hope he’s still got it. Brayshaw was our best midfielder.

The midfield got smashed.

Hughes was good.

Matera was worse than Ballantyne. Much worse. Banfield our best small forward. Scary really. Need Swit and Schultz to come on fast.

Cox was looking great. God our fitness staff are rubbish. Cox was hurt last week. Should never have played this week.
I love the “sack the fitness staff” comments. Makes me giggle. I’m sure if Cox didn’t hurt his hand last week, he certainly wouldn’t have done a hammy today. Hahaha.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't understand why Cerra wasn't used in the middle more. We clearly got destroyed on the centre clearances and should have tried other alternatives such as Cerra and Conca. Also, Walters lacks defensive accountability making him useless in the middle. He's better off replacing either Matera or Ballas in the forward and adding class to a pretty stagnant forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aussieviking

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
swan districts
The main thing I took out of this game is we look very one paced as a team Eagles have some real line breaking speedsters. Even Cerra who looks good with ball in hand looks pretty slow. The couple of guys with speed in our team have poor skill by foot.
Our ball use by hand is pathetic......how many handballs missed the mark? Lobb looks like our best ruck. I thought Darcy was poor even Jones showed more in his limited game time.

Wally Walpamur

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Celtics
Colyer 86% TOG for 10 disp at 40% efficiency.

He’ll play Rd 1 though.
Well we spent a fourth round pick for him, it'd be embarrassing if we didn't play him.
I’d prefer we never picked him up and passed on selecting a player with that pick TBH. I can’t believe we have him 3 years.

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not normally a pessimist with Freo but I feel like I have turned a blind eye for too long regarding the rotten support staff, skills, and team structure. We do well for the first quarter, hiding poor skills with immense pressure, but as soon as the opposition begins to mount that pressure back onto us or our players tire, everything goes to ****. It's like a bloody rotten shed, kick in the door and the whole thing collapses.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo FC, Dinamo Zagreb
I wasn't a fan of the Matera trade at the time, and he's done nothing to change my mind. A small forward needs to be opportunistic when the time comes and he butchers so many involvements.

Unfortunately the Colyer trade is looking similar, if not worse.
It's starting to look like if you're from WA and you want to come home, then we'll trade for you, whether there's a need or not. The other three from last year - all good trades. Year before - Hamling tick, Wilson tick, Matera - he's gone backwards, and Kersten... ummm why (apart from he's Hammer's BF).

They need to be more strategic with who they're trading for. Were they worried the weags were going to get in first? And what?

WilloTree

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Switta and Schultz. Plus Matera by trade too.

F**k knows what they saw in Colyer but I guess you could argue him too maybe?

They clearly haven't ignored the need for small forwards in the team.
Right. Two blokes who don't play and a dude who was dropped to Peel.

You're not helping restore my faith in the List Manager.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love the “sack the fitness staff” comments. Makes me giggle. I’m sure if Cox didn’t hurt his hand last week, he certainly wouldn’t have done a hammy today. Hahaha.
Keep giggling like an idiot at the list of soft tissue injuries that is twice as long as the next worst club.

I guess you believe Switkovski injured his mouth last week? Cox copped a big knock to his leg and was hobbling around afterwards. Should have been taken out of the game last week and was clearly mismanaged this week.

Chaseton

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
We don't look like much chop this pre season, it is only pre season but the signs are bad. Fumbling everything, struggling to take basic marks, kicking the ball on top of the forwards head nearly every time, running into congestion yet again, poor accuracy for goals and hitting targets. The skills look worse than every other club, no work rate after 20 minutes of footy. Very concerning.

Top Bottom