JLT 2 2018: GWS v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

When: Friday 9th March

Where: Sportspark, Blacktown

Time: 7:40pm

Squad to follow later......................

Bit early but really keen to see how the squad comes together for JLT2 against the Swans.

I'm really interested to see if Lobb is ready to go, haven't seen or heard much about how he's progressing with his groin issue but sounds like he won't play and may even miss round 1. Seeing Flynn play Thursday night worries me. No doubt that Simpson can handle the ruck duties but would like to see Lobb's contested marking around the ground early in the season but seeing GWS play Flynn makes me think all may not be right with Lobb.

So who comes in - surely Scully plays, Corr and I'd like to see Cumming have a run out of defence. Lids sounds like he must be close so a good run around wouldn't do him any harm. Griffen must be close also.

Greene probably misses again with a foot which isn't too bad - at least sitting on the sideline he surely avoids suspension.

Hopper should be good for a game and over his back complaint and not sure about Haynes.

Hoping we go in with close to what we will select in rnd 1. There are some key changes in personnel which will affect our cohesion, so I’m happy to see some game time for the jets here

Not sure on the player numbers for this game but from past years it has been more than the normal 22 so my team for friday night

Shaw Davis Corr
Whitfield Tomlinson Haynes
Scully Ward Kelly
MDB Cameron Shiel
Lloyd Patton TT
Simpson Coniglio Hopper
HH Keefe Finlayson Langdon Griffen Perryman

Keefe and Simpson to ruck half the game each, different styles and so the guys are use to Keefe in the ruck
I see TOJ as next in line to play a tall defender role and more time playing with the guys is better and he would almost have played the most games in the NEAFL from the list
I see HH or Lloyd in line for the one forward position for rd1 so whoever has the better game would be in for mine
If he is fit I would see Greene coming in and pushing TT to the bench
Hope to see Perryman for most of the game and playing in defence to allow Shaw a more running role

So...
Shaw Davis Haynes
Corr Tomlinson Whitfield
Kelly Shiel Scully
Greene Cameron Deledio
Taranto Patton DeBoer
Lobb Ward Cogs

Langdon HH Hopper Griffen
If Scully is fit...

GIANTS SQUAD

FB: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Jeremy Finlayson
HB: Brett Deledio, Adam Tomlinson, Josh Kelly
C: Tim Taranto, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield
HF: Sam Reid, Jeremy Cameron, Zac Langdon
FF: Matt de Boer, Jonny Patton, Harry Himmelberg
RR: Dawson Simpson, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel

Interchange: Nick Shipley, Nick Haynes, Jake Stein, Lachie Tiziani, Lachlan Keeffe, Toby Greene, Daniel Lloyd

Emergencies: Jack Buckley, Matt Flynn, Tim Mohr

In: Deledio, Greene, Haynes, Stein
Out: Matt Flynn, Tim Mohr, Harry Perryman

Lobb, Bonar and Corr will play NEAFL practice game against Swans NEAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Griffen is a week to week proposition in pre-season ... he's likely to be problematic for the whole season. Any little knock has potential to sideline him.

The other 2 not being named ... is odd. Would prefer the club was open about what's going on.

My thoughts on the team selection for tonights game
the non selection of several best 22 players has me thinking are they still injured or are they recovering, the article does mention Corr has had an interrupted pre season
The inclusion of TOJ indicates they will continue with the 4 tall players in the defensive lineup and depending on Corr TOJ could be in for rd 1
It could be between Tiziani, Shipley and Lloyd for a bench spot for rd 1, Not sure how accurate it is but Shipley is listed at 93kgs any chance that is correct? He does look solid but that is massive and he must have impressed during preseason for him to be named tonight
I can see 2 dropping out to make a bench of 6 and I would think one of Greene or Deledio is a withdrawal along with Stein so it will be interesting to see who is on the field for the NEAFL game
With the final intraclub next week that would be the last chance for Griffen and Deledio to push a case for selection and I would hope that Scully and Hopper and in for that game
Good to see Keefe in for another game and after the Swans losing another ruck it shows how fast things can happen with the position

Good to see Keefe in for another game and after the Swans losing another ruck it shows how fast things can happen with the position

I thought Keefe was serviceable at the least against Magpies JLT1. Could be an astute pick-up. Hoping he contributes more than last season's wild card pick-up Tendai.

I thought Keefe was serviceable at the least against Magpies JLT1. Could be an astute pick-up. Hoping he contributes more than last season's wild card pick-up Tendai.
I am hoping he isn't needed in the seniors and Tendai was unfortunate as someone at the club broke a mirror, walked under a ladder, had a black cat cross their path or on old doggies supporting witch cast a spell over the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back