JLT 2 - Hawthorn v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering how much the hawks waffled on about winning a scratch match vs Carlton I wonder if they’ll be releasing a DVD after this win?

Releasing a pre season dvd and regular season dvd is a St Kilda special!

hint.gif

Richmond in serious trouble. Getting thrashed by a team most expect to miss finals. Danger signs for the season ahead.

Richmond fans could use a little bit of humility. Never seen a fan base go from 0 to 100 like Richmond fans. One premiership and they are more arrogant than Kanye West.

I'm going to love watching Worpel this year except when he plays us.

Blake Hardwick is the most underrated player in the competition. It may be daylight to second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't like Scrimshaw. Put him in the same category of Boyd and Schache, people who never should have entered into the draft if they were not willing to put in the effort if they were drafted to a non-Victorian club.

A bit harsh. Not all kids enter the draft equally mature. If you're an introvert, and have to leave your support structures behind, it is natural that some kids will handle that better than others based on different personality profiles. How many jobs out there force you to leave home and travel interstate against your will at 17 as part of the cost of entry? If anyone is to blame, it is gold coast for not identifying he would be the type to struggle out of his home state. Part of being a quality recruiter for a non-footy state is figuring this kind of thing out before you bring the kids in.

A bit harsh. Not all kids enter the draft equally mature. If you're an introvert, and have to leave your support structures behind, it is natural that some kids will handle that better than others based on different personality profiles. How many jobs out there force you to leave home and travel interstate against your will at 17 as part of the cost of entry? If anyone is to blame, it is gold coast for not identifying he would be the type to struggle out of his home state. Part of being a quality recruiter for a non-footy state is figuring this kind of thing out before you bring the kids in.
Yes and no.

The cold hard reality is you have to maximize the value of your draftees first.

GC are getting pilloried for players leaving, but the trades put them back in the draft with lots of picks and draftees that are the envy of everyone. Theoretically that can go on forever until they sort themselves out, and a crop will stay when that happens.

You limit yourself to who you draft and you will bleed value, which is a risk of ending up with nothing if it doesn't work in the short term.That's my theory anyway.

I agree the system is harsh on teenagers and some are mature enough to cope and some aren't. I always felt for Cam McCarthy for example.

In Victoria we don’t have the chance to hoard all of our local talent before it hits the open draft
But that talent nearly always gets to come home to their club of choice, even before they finish honouring their contracts. So it sort of makes a mockery of the whole draft thing anyway.

These JLT games are a good watch. Tige's mounting a challenge. Riewoldt's all class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back