Autopsy JLT 2 - Melbourne def Carlton by 54

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we get another JLT match this weekend, with the women providing a curtain raiser to this one instead.

Wagner a probable out you would suspect.

Would like Pig to get a run.

Also don't know if we need to put Lewis through 3 JLT matches.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon this is the one where we play a full strength squad, and the game against WCE is more an 'experimental' squad with a few big names missing.
Yeah that's a good point. Generally we see teams play close to their full strength sides in their last pre-season games, but the travel factor would probably be considered for us so we'll probably rest a few of our important players in that last game over at Subi.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah that's a good point. Generally we see teams play close to their full strength sides in their last pre-season games, but the travel factor would probably be considered for us so we'll probably rest a few of our important players in that last game over at Subi.

Dunno we might leave out Lewis and a couple of the older blokes but I'd like to see us go over their and try and win because a lot of these kids have never won in Perth

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dunno we might leave out Lewis and a couple of the older blokes but I'd like to see us go over their and try and win because a lot of these kids have never won in Perth
Fair enough, we'd still have a pretty strong lineup I reckon just minus a few of our senior players. Would be good to get a win if we can, but if more of our younger players show glimpses and are able to impact the game, I'd be happy with that regardless of the result.

Im happy to rest alot of players vs Carlton... such as Hogan, Gawn, Lewis, Jones and let the young/inexperienced brigade have a crack at Carlton.

So you'd play full strength over in WA?
I wouldn't mind taking a decent side to take on the eagles. We get a week off, rest v calrton then have a trip to perth. Get a good hit out before round 1 and we got time to recover

Reckon this is the one where we play a full strength squad, and the game against WCE is more an 'experimental' squad with a few big names missing.

Definitely think this one we try to go best 22.

But with the bye in R4 of the JLT we probably should try to play best 22 there as well, unless we're going to have an intra-club when our bye is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you'd play full strength over in WA?

Yeah pretty much! Would be a good rehearsal for having to travel there during the season and we have a week off before and after.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yeah pretty much! Would be a good rehearsal for having to travel there during the season and we have a week off before and after.
Play at close to full strength the whole way through for me. We're still not at a point where we can pass up a win, regardless of whats at stake. Plus, we've got so many players with legitimate claims to playing Round 1, give them 3 chances to earn the spot.

As Harry has said, a week off either side of a trip to Perth will be plenty to be primed for Round 1.

Play at close to full strength the whole way through for me. We're still not at a point where we can pass up a win, regardless of whats at stake. Plus, we've got so many players with legitimate claims to playing Round 1, give them 3 chances to earn the spot.

As Harry has said, a week off either side of a trip to Perth will be plenty to be primed for Round 1.

I guess the question is.. who do we want to see who didn't play on the weekend? Eg Dion Johnstone, Hibberd, Watts, Jetta etc.. If those guys get a crack next week who do we drop? I certainly wouldn't be dropping any of the young guys who had a real crack on Sat. Would prefer to play a younger side vs Carlton and then ramp in back up against WCE.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didn't realise we aren't playing in the last round of the JLT, in that case I'm happy for us to play close to full strength (With a couple opportunities for fringe players).

Although if the games decided just take Hogan/Tmac/Jones off the ******* ground Goody *

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I didn't realise we aren't playing in the last round of the JLT, in that case I'm happy for us to play close to full strength (With a couple opportunities for fringe players).

Although if the games decided just take Hogan/Tmac/Jones off the ******* ground Goody ****
All 18 teams play JTL4, we have JTL3 off. So we'll play Carlton on Saturday, then have 11 days break before we play West Coast in Perth, then have 15 days break before we play Round 1. With 1 game in 27 days, we'd be doing ourselves a disservice not to play that game at full strength.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good points being raised regarding whether we go full strength in our last JLT game. Considering we have JLT 3 off and the fact that there is a 15 day break between the Eagles game and the Saints game in round 1, I'm now leaning towards going to near full strength against the Eagles.

Good points being raised regarding whether we go full strength in our last JLT game. Considering we have JLT 3 off and the fact that there is a 15 day break between the Eagles game and the Saints game in round 1, I'm now leaning towards going to near full strength against the Eagles.
Yeah I've changed my tune a bit too.
I didn't realise there were 2 weeks between last JLT game and Round 1

Parking is very limited, likely the oval next to the sports track to be used as parking. If it rains don't even bother your car will get stuck

Back