Autopsy JLT 2 - Melbourne def Carlton by 54

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure it'll never stop until he's chased out of Melbourne (the city) with pitchforks by the media, AFL fans and any other armchair experts
To be fair; after seeing him going to preseason in his best Eminem outfit I wanted to chase him out too

I'm really surprised Watts misses again. You don't leave a clear best 22 player out for no reason.

This is more than just a shot across the bowe to keep him hungry.
It's the bleach.

Burn the witch!! If it burns it wasn't a witch, if it doesn't then kill the witch!
I think you could be confusing burning with the ducking stool. Or that was the joke and I let it sail overhead maybe. I hope Jack dies his hair black and kicks a bag in round one.

Yes, fully aware it is just pre-season, however, I will be disappointed if we don't beat Carlton tomorrow. We looked good against the reigning premiers last week and I'd expect to beat a side that is not expected to be playing finals this season. First priority of course is no injuries, but I'd like to see us continue to play well. In a season that will be one of the closest in living memory, it is crucial we beat teams who are potentially around us and below us. Watching Petracca closely tomorrow too. Still not 100% convinced he will be an A grade player yet. Maybe he needs more time on the ball to show what he's got.

I know it's only Carlton but can we please please win this? I mean it's years since we have beaten them. One minute you're on Bigfooty going lol Carlton, next minute you're on the wrong side of a streak.

I know it's only Carlton but can we please please win this? I mean it's years since we have beaten them. One minute you're on Bigfooty going lol Carlton, next minute you're on the wrong side of a streak.

2014 when pedo did a daicos from the boundary to seal it, I thought we were gonna lose every game that season until that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll probably beat them if we're going by the strength of the lineups as well as the intensity we bring to the pre-season games. However, I'm mainly looking forward to seeing our younger players having an impact throughout the game and showing glimpses of their potential. I think if they do that, it could be a sign where those players can have a more consistent impact for the upcoming season but it would be a bonus if we win. Round 2 is the one that matters and it would be very disappointing if we don't win that one but we should be able to reverse our form against them over the past couple of years and I'm confident we can do that.

Wont be the end of the world if we lose to Carlton... they have named a full strength side minus cripps.

We will be missing Kent, Garlett and Watts (1/2 of our starting forward line last year)
Jetta and Frost (1/3 of our starting backline last year)
Dom Tyson (one of our best players last year)

Im actually hoping we put it on the young guys in this game.. Put Petracca, Brayshaw and Oliver in the middle for large chunks. Stick Weideman at full forward and Dion Johnston at his feet for the whole game, Hunt and Smith on the flanks all day etc. See how they all stand up against a full strength AFL side before the season starts.

2014 when pedo did a daicos from the boundary to seal it, I thought we were gonna lose every game that season until that
I remember that, it was against the blues. Remember being really disappointed he didn't get a goal of the year nomination for it cause i thought it was a ripper

It was the first decent thing he did at the club. I remember when he nailed it I thought you know were going to win when a Dud like Pedo kicks these. That kickstarted his confidence & he started to take some real solid grabs from then on that season.

Yes, fully aware it is just pre-season, however, I will be disappointed if we don't beat Carlton tomorrow. We looked good against the reigning premiers last week and I'd expect to beat a side that is not expected to be playing finals this season. First priority of course is no injuries, but I'd like to see us continue to play well. In a season that will be one of the closest in living memory, it is crucial we beat teams who are potentially around us and below us. Watching Petracca closely tomorrow too. Still not 100% convinced he will be an A grade player yet. Maybe he needs more time on the ball to show what he's got.
I agree with you. He has got all the tools to be a gun but we have only seen glimpses. I'm not having a go at him because it's only his second year but there is a real Jizzfest when it comes to Trac both from the media & the supporters.
It's probably just the 2013 Melbourne supporter in me who is afraid to believe but I hope were not wrong about another up & coming youngster who everyone thinks is going to be a jet.

I agree with you. He has got all the tools to be a gun but we have only seen glimpses. I'm not having a go at him because it's only his second year but there is a real Jizzfest when it comes to Trac both from the media & the supporters.
It's probably just the 2013 Melbourne supporter in me who is afraid to believe but I hope were not wrong about another up & coming youngster who everyone thinks is going to be a jet.

Besides a couple of 'moments' where he's done something exceptional, he really hasn't stood out to me at all. In fact, if it wasn't for all the hype, his position as best 22 would have to be questionable. He's no automatic inclusion for me.

Besides a couple of 'moments' where he's done something exceptional, he really hasn't stood out to me at all. In fact, if it wasn't for all the hype, his position as best 22 would have to be questionable. He's no automatic inclusion for me.
He's played one year and is one of our top users of the ball. How many players miss a year with injury, play a year then are considered some sort of elite saviour of the club?
Supporters do not have a realistic idea of development.

I've still got him in my best 22 though. His upside is enormous. But people do speak like its a fact he will be a superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back