@ Alberton Oval Saturday 10 March 15:35

A few key questions:

- Do we get more game time into R.Gray despite his farcical Rnd 1 suspension
- Will Motlop, Wingard and Rockliff be fit enough to play
- Are WD and AJ still on our list

@ Alberton Oval Saturday 10 March 15:35

A few key questions:

- Do we get more game time into R.Gray despite his farcical Rnd 1 suspension
Yes, because he will have had 22 days between games rather than the 35 if he doesn't play
- Will Motlop, Wingard and Rockliff be fit enough to play
Motlop and Wingard should play, Rocky highly unlikely
- Are WD and AJ still on our list
Yes.

Pre season games are to get gametime into players and try out changea to gameplans.

Gametime into players, young and old, will continue.
Gameplanwise the only thing that stood out as a change from last year in the WCE game, was that we seemed to make sure we had a tall in the forward fifty, plus look for a player in the middle before going wide at all times, even when we had loose players wide.
Not much of a change in many ways.
It kind of looked as if we will continue playing like last year but hoping that the new recruits will help us execute it better.

So for mine the interest in the next game will be to see if we are to expect changes in our gamestyle during the 2018 season.

I'm just interested to again see how we're evolving and playing the best team in the league gives us a good chance to see that. I expect we'll get beaten by 5 or so goals, but will be hoping to see some quicker ball movement, better clearance work and I really want to see evidence that this new possession footy style isn't going to hinder our forward press after WCE waltzed the ball out regularly last week.

Also hoping to see everyone but Polec and Broady available for selection, but doubt that will be possible.

I'm just interested to again see how we're evolving and playing the best team in the league gives us a good chance to see that. I expect we'll get beaten by 5 or so goals, but will be hoping to see some quicker ball movement, better clearance work and I really want to see evidence that this new possession footy style isn't going to hinder our forward press after WCE waltzed the ball out regularly last week.

Also hoping to see everyone but Polec and Broady available for selection, but doubt that will be possible.
Why would we lose by 5 goals to these cnuts ? We should smack em & kill em in both showdowns!!

Why would we lose by 5 goals to these cnuts ? We should smack em & kill em in both showdowns!!

How long have you been following football???
The crows are very clinical at their football, that sort of football can cut a side with a coach like ours to ribbons.
Its very unlikely port will have a capacity to do what you are demanding i will settle for a strong performance against them but im not overly optimistic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadbent will not be AFL fit for 6 weeks.

If we execute chains of play in which we kick the ball 3 times for a net gain of 5 metres, I'll vomit.
Unfortunately that kind of play is just going to become more prevalent, and not just with us but all teams. when you are only allowed to hold onto the ball after a free or a mark for 3-4 seconds before play-on is called then backwards kicks to maintain position are the norm. Shouting at the players will not help, more like the opposite as sooner or later someone will feel they have to go forward and will kick to a losing contest. My biggest bugbear is doing over-the-top cute passes that are meant to put a man on a free run to goal but are so weak that they are often run down for a turnover.

2017 Port Adelaide's Inside 50 differential, by opponent group: Non-finalists: +19.3 Finalists: -7.3. Last JLT game seem to be the same old
just couldn't get a flow a structure we took too long chip kicking while you'll see other sides as soon as they have the footy they are off and away. The match up against the Crows is going to be great just to see were we are at as a side. The list excites me on paper best list in the comp no doubt about it. but our coaching is my concern. I would like to see an all out attack approach fearless like in 2013 2014 season giphy (9).gif

How long have you been following football???
The crows are very clinical at their football, that sort of football can cut a side with a coach like ours to ribbons.
Its very unlikely port will have a capacity to do what you are demanding i will settle for a strong performance against them but im not overly optimistic!
You’re pathetic !!

2017 Port Adelaide's Inside 50 differential, by opponent group: Non-finalists: +19.3 Finalists: -7.3. Last JLT game seem to be the same old
just couldn't get a flow a structure we took too long chip kicking while you'll see other sides as soon as they have the footy they are off and away. The match up against the Crows is going to be great just to see were we are at as a side. The list excites me on paper best list in the comp no doubt about it. but our coaching is my concern. I would like to see an all out attack approach fearless like in 2013 2014 seasonView attachment 466095

Second showdown was an outlier.

flame-war.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back