Preview JLT 2: vs Lions @ Casey Fields Saturday 9th March 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect analogy then. He is you to a T (or a tee - not sure how that phase should look written down)

Important though - should I post your Viney cup to somewhere or are you going to be at some H&A match where we can do an awkward handover like a drug deal or buying truffles?

"He argued based on the footage alone, the impact "must be more than low", and that the act had potential to cause injury."

Another year, another post from me saying that taking injury or potential injury into account is stupid and opens up way too much grey area, which has been the case here.

Here's a case where the player who was bumped wasn't actually injured in any way, but the rules which take injury into account still suspended the bloke anyway?

I'd argue 'how can it NOT be low-impact if the player wasn't injured?' What is low-impact anyway? Isn't it different for different players? Just seems a crazy way to do it to me.

They even admitted that he was kept off to make sure he had enough legs for round one, so there goes the argument that 'he didn't come back on'. It's bizarre to me even these years later that 'coming back on' or not comes into the equation. If we were playing Brisbane in Round One, it would have been in Brisbane's interest to keep him off and put an ice pack on his head just to make it look worse, wouldn't it?

The ball was within 5m, which means you're 'allowed' to bump. Could May not have argued that it was a shephard? What were May's alternatives? Let him go to receive the ball from the give and go? I guess he could have tried to stop the collision and just got in his way a bit? But that might be hard to do given May's size. It would also look really weird and pretty much against the fabric of the game. Just my opinion though.

Seems to me like they have just confused people even more with this ruling given the other bumps shown above.
Very well articulated, logical and well reasoned argument. I bet you will never get a job with the AFL if you applied. (this is of course based on the fact that they read BF).

Perfect analogy then. He is you to a T (or a tee - not sure how that phase should look written down)

Important though - should I post your Viney cup to somewhere or are you going to be at some H&A match where we can do an awkward handover like a drug deal or buying truffles?
At this stage can't see any reason that I wouldn't be at all games in Vic.

Bit of a late posting but thankyou all those people that donated to Jack Griffiths fundraiser throughout the day.
Believe it was over $3500 raised after he lost his house to the bushfires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back