Preview JLT 2: vs Lions @ Casey Fields Saturday 9th March 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What is classed as a premium member? Will a Home game membership get you free access?
Redlegs member with premium access and above I think

Pretty confident a home game membership wont get you in

Guessing we are taking game 2 seriously and wanna win
Preseason is meaningless but might as well bank wins when you can. Don't want to go into R1 with two losses from your first two semi-competitive hit outs if you don't have to.

It's not about naming the best side to win, its about managing game time.

Some clubs have had one intra club, and two JLT games. Some clubs have had 1 scratch match against an opposing team and 2 JLT games. For all intention purposes our game against the pies was JLT1. Hence why we rested players last week and Richmond fielded a stronger side. This week is the last chance for a proper hit out before round 1.

Paul Roos mentioned how reducing the JLT to 2 games has seen a better standard with the best players, clearly unaware that most teams organised their own games and have rested a * load of players.

It somehow still amazes me how little research an accountability there is in our commentary

Paul Roos mentioned how reducing the JLT to 2 games has seen a better standard with the best players, clearly unaware that most teams organised their own games and have rested a **** load of players.

It somehow still amazes me how little research an accountability there is in our commentary
Yeah that surprised me too.

These people get pay checks literally to wander in, get prepped etc. total 4 hours work for a couple of hundred K a year for just a season of afl commentary. Don’t blame them for taking the opportunity - I would - but for the price I wish they would do just a bit of research.

These people get pay checks literally to wander in, get prepped etc. total 4 hours work for a couple of hundred K a year for just a season of afl commentary. Don’t blame them for taking the opportunity - I would - but for the price I wish they would do just a bit of research.

As much as people hate him David King is the only one who clearly spends time researching things and tries to bring them to the audience.

The rest I swear are sitting at home reading a book an then wander in, give expert commentary and then go home again spending no time learning anything.

*cheques*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel this is a relatively recent thing.

The pros like macavaney and whateley who are actually orofessional journos/callers dont do that. Both have been on the record about the days of prep they do for any call.

Since the quality has sunk through the floor, any gorilla who struggles with full sentences can wander in, make a few obvious cliched remarks and then cash the cheques.

I would love to start a live stream with some decent callers you could stream over the coverage. People who know when to shut up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel this is a relatively recent thing.

The pros like macavaney and whateley who are actually orofessional journos/callers dont do that. Both have been on the record about the days of prep they do for any call.

Since the quality has sunk through the floor, any gorilla who struggles with full sentences can wander in, make a few obvious cliched remarks and then cash the cheques.

I would love to start a live stream with some decent callers you could stream over the coverage. People who know when to shut up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

McAvaney an Whateley are play by play commentators though, it's everyone else that need to research.

As much as people hate him David King is the only one who clearly spends time researching things and tries to bring them to the audience.

The rest I swear are sitting at home reading a book an then wander in, give expert commentary and then go home again spending no time learning anything.
Drives me spare when it's round 14 or something and you have commentators go "I haven't seen much of them this season" and proceed to make woefully inaccurate comments that even half interested fans know are wrong. What do these blokes do Monday to Thursday to justify the big dollars they're on? Because for most of them it seems like doing absolutely nothing is enough to coast by for decades. How much of a chore is it to sit down and watch the matches that you didn't see from the weekend?

Another who has his detractors, but actually puts the time into his job is Terry Wallace. He actually watches all 9 games a week, so regardless of what you think of his opinions, they are at least based off evidence, not just a guess from catching 2mins of highlights

I know Terry Wallace watches every single game, doubt theres another media type who does
Another who has his detractors, but actually puts the time into his job is Terry Wallace. He actually watches all 9 games a week, so regardless of what you think of his opinions, they are at least based off evidence, not just a guess from catching 2mins of highlights
Well that was weird ... posted the same thing, at the same time ...

It should be a pre requisite if you wanna do special comments to watch all 9 games and makes notes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back