Preview JLT 2: vs Lions @ Casey Fields Saturday 9th March 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
You'd expect we'll be playing best available this week.

FB: Jetta May Hore
HB: Hibberd OMac Salem
C: Fritsch Oliver Brayshaw
HF: Melksham TMac Petracca
FF: Spargo Weid Preuss
R: Gawn Viney Harmes

No idea how many we're allowed on the bench but it'll include Jones/Lewis/ANB at a minimum.

No idea how many we're allowed on the bench but it'll include Jones/Lewis/ANB at a minimum.

Frost will definitely get a run on the bench as well.

The main thing I am watching for this weekend, is to see how fit May is. He arrived at the club underdone, and has had an injury through the preseason.

While we're waiting for another 3-4 months for Lever to return, a lot of our success will rest on his ability to get up to speed and control the back half.

I reckon anyone who has played the first 2 games will miss this one.

I heard Gawn say the other week that the plan was to get only 2 games into players through the 3 games

The main thing I am watching for this weekend, is to see how fit May is. He arrived at the club underdone, and has had an injury through the preseason.

While we're waiting for another 3-4 months for Lever to return, a lot of our success will rest on his ability to get up to speed and control the back half.

I saw an interview with KK who said May was the fittest he had ever seen him before the injury. Hopefully he has had a good enough base that the injury shouldnt set his fitness back too far.

I saw an interview with KK who said May was the fittest he had ever seen him before the injury. Hopefully he has had a good enough base that the injury shouldnt set his fitness back too far.
I hope this is right. I saw plenty of reports that had him puffing and struggling through the first phase of preseason. Plenty of time to get fit, but starting from a low low base.

Feel like this is the least interested I've ever been in the pre season games.
Not sure if it's cause we did so well last year that I just want the real stuff.
Also I think previously we had so many list changes and high draftees coming in where as now its much of the same except may an hore.

Or maybe it's because we lost last week an our season is over

Not sure if it's cause we did so well last year that I just want the real stuff.
Also I think previously we had so many list changes and high draftees coming in where as now its much of the same except may an hore.

It’s because our season is over

Yeah I feel you. Not even phased that we havent seen much of sparrow. Back in the day we would of had him starting on the ground round 1 and expecting 20 touches from him in jlt 1.

I'm fully focused on the Jack Watts cup. Just want to pummel those pricks and start the season off right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you'd have to say those 4 playing limited time in the VFL praccy look like they're on the back foot to playing R1 now. unless there's another one next week as well to give them a decent hit out.

So dividing up the list to see who has played what ...

2 Games
Salem
Harmes
Petracca
Spargo
Brayshaw
Stretch
Frost
Preuss
JKH
Weideman
O.Mac
Hunt
ANB
Sparrow
Garlett*
C.Wagner
J.Wagner
J.Smith

1 Games
Lewis
Gawn
Oliver
Hibberd
Maynard
vandenBerg
Jordon
T.Mac
Fritsch
Petty
Jetta
T.Smith
Keilty

No Game
May
Jones
Viney
Lever*
Bedford
KK*
Melksham
Hannan*
Nietschke*
Baker
Chandler
Walker*
Bradtke

(*Denotes injury)

MELBOURNE
B: S.May 1 M.Hibberd 14 J.Hunt 29
HB: J.Lewis 6 O.McDonald 28 N.Jetta 39
C: C.Salem 3 J.Harmes 4 B.Stretch 15
HF: A.Brayshaw 10 S.Weideman 26 B.Fritsch 31
F: C.Petracca 5 T.McDonald - C 25 J.Kennedy Harris 24
Foll: M.Gawn 11 A.Neal-Bullen 30 C.Oliver 13
I/C: C.Spargo 9 S.Frost 17 A.vandenBerg 22 M.Hore 34 H.Petty 35 C.Wagner 40 J.Smith 44 D.Keilty 45

In: S.May, M.Hibberd, J.Lewis, N.Jetta, M.Gawn, A.vandenBerg

Out: J.Garlett (injured), J.Jordon

that Lions team doesn't look too bad on paper. they should be a reasonable chance of making finals this year you'd think.

you'd have to say those 4 playing limited time in the VFL praccy look like they're on the back foot to playing R1 now. unless there's another one next week as well to give them a decent hit out.
Fairly sure there will be another VFL hitout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back