Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
It was a shitty pointless hit for a praccy game. I don’t mind that stuff in the big moments but May better get rid of that crap to get me on board.

There’s a decent chance that this being his debut, he was in a state of mind to make a statement to his teammates and the Deemon faithful.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There’s a decent chance that this being his debut, he was in a state of mind to make a statement to his teammates and the Deemon faithful.

He’s made that statement enough times in his career - it was a weak bump.

I want to see him putting his head over the ball and making big spoils. Discipline - that’s the statement we need from May.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s made that statement enough times in his career - it was a weak bump.

I want to see him putting his head over the ball and making big spoils. Discipline - that’s the statement we need from May.
For a 150 years an a day you could do that. Being physical is making a statement.

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
That was funny stuff. I was watching Oliver sign autographs for a bit today and he’s a whole lot more comfortable in the role now. I met him in his first preseason after he’d played on JLT against Port - it was like trying to talk to a sheepdog in a thunderstorm. Half hyper and half terrified. I’m glad I got his signature back then rather than today though. There is a 200 metre queue to meet him.
Yeah. I was lucky enough to get a snap with him holding the young fella in Luna Park that year. Good country lad, great with the kids, but couldn’t get much out of him then. Lucky enough to get a snap with him again this year, before the queue formed. Still couldn’t get much out of him...

The Family Day seemed a bit of an anti-climax this year. The young fella had been talking about it for months. He kept going on about the inflatable slide, which was a huge hit with him last year. Of course, there was no inflatable slide this year.

I placated him with an $8 ice cream cone. As I waited for him to finish, I listened to a Melbourne official arguing with a member who had the audacity to ask for an extra plastic ‘Jack Viney’ cup for his son who wasn’t with him.

I looked at my son and told him, ‘You’re a Melbourne supporter now, boy. You better suck it up and get used to disappointment. Hope is for fools.

Now, go cut me a switch. Papa is gonna lin you some mannas.’ (Just kidding... I didn’t really use that accent!)

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
yet if it's 3 cms lower everyone loves it. Huge overreaction

To be honest I just didn’t like that it was off the ball and pointless.

I would love nothing more than to see him polax Adam Treloar with a fair hit on Queens birthday.

Getting suspended for an off the ball cheap shot on Jarrod Berry in your first game for a new club in a practice match is just stupid.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
To be honest I just didn’t like that it was off the ball and pointless.

I would love nothing more than to see him polax Adam Treloar with a fair hit on Queens birthday.

Getting suspended for an off the ball cheap shot on Jarrod Berry in your first game for a new club in a practice match is just stupid.
Has he been suspended though?

People can paint this how ever they want but this performance is worrying.
Let’s just hope we’re channeling our inner Sydney and fully spud it up til the real stuff stars. Nek minnit, grand final.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
May going to cop a week?

and here is me without photoshop to put an inanimate carbon rod over the top of him :$

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks
Has he been suspended though?

Yep, got 1 week, and rightfully so, stupid act as has been pointed out, he needs to kerb his way, it seems as though he has taken his trait from the Suns to the Demons.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yep, got 1 week, and rightfully so, stupid act as has been pointed out, he needs to kerb his way, it seems as though he has taken his trait from the Suns to the Demons.
I'd argue that he has curbed it, as this was fair less of a bump than what he's been suspended for previously, they've just become stricter with what warrants a week now.

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks
I'd argue that he has curbed it, as this was fair less of a bump than what he's been suspended for previously, they've just become stricter with what warrants a week now.

I would like to think so, time will tell, he does have his moments as you will all see this season.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I would like to think so, time will tell, he does have his moments as you will all see this season.
I don't think he'll ever stop something like this to be honest, it's an instinctive action that he's done since he was a lot younger, and really, it looks like he just nicks his chin, it's a minuscule difference between getting suspended for a week, and having no case to answer.

I suspect we'll appeal the medium impact grading, because I can't see how he came to it, other than making an early statement. It'll be down to what Berry and the Lions have to say tho, as it seems the crux of the argument is that he didn't return to the field, but when you're talking about the last qrt of a JLT game with 6 other blokes on the bench, I'd have thought it's more likely he was sat out just in case, rather than any medically founded precaution, and would have played on if it meant anything.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not at all. Berry went down like a leaf. It was pathetic, the contact was negligible.

He’s a big chassis and little blokes are going to get pin balled when he’s around. I’m all for protecting the head, but this is big man vs little man...

Back