JLT 2017 - Wk 3 - Carlton v St Kilda, Princes Park, 2.05pm, Foxfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't take too much out of pre season hot outs but I still expect Blues Bottom 10 team and Stk playing Finals
You legitimately think the Blues can finish 9th?

It would take a major catastrophe- several in fact- for that to happen.

Carlton and Port. So while the Saints have looked pretty slick this preseason, its hard to judge them based on the quality of the opposition

I think McCartin, Bruce + resting ruck or Riewoldt up forward is pretty potent.
Our plan this year is to go more direct and longer and I thought we overdosed on that last week and just bombed it long into the forward line far too much, sometimes without even looking, which made it very easy for Port to counteract once they realised that was what we'd do almost every time we went forward. Hombsch took 7 intercept marks on his own!

It may have even been a deliberate thing where that was the game plan for the match, just to get us more used to doing it, but today we were much more selective with our kicks into the forward line and we were much better for it.

Not much opposition tho!

Our plan this year is to go more direct and longer and I thought we overdosed on that last week and just bombed it long into the forward line far too much, sometimes without even looking, which made it very easy for Port to counteract once they realised that was what we'd do almost every time we went forward. Hombsch took 7 intercept marks on his own!

It may have even been a deliberate thing where that was the game plan for the match, just to get us more used to doing it, but today we were much more selective with our kicks into the forward line and we were much better for it.

Not much opposition tho!
and that's it.
What happens when there is less space for mids and forwards alike.
hard to accurately predict the saints. i'd keep them in that 7-10 range though

I remember the old days when Carlton wouldn't win a preseason game and knock up winning flags. (long time ago I know.)

and that's it.
What happens when there is less space for mids and forwards alike.
hard to accurately predict the saints. i'd keep them in that 7-10 range though

It is hard to predict where we will finish. Good thing with Bruce and Members is that they are both running fwds, obviously Paddy not so much. If anything, Paddy is the first fwd of the three dropped IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

losing vs injecting with drugs, clearly you missed the lesson here.

Are you 12? The team someone supports is irrelevant. They can still have valid opinions about other teams.

It is hard to predict where we will finish. Good thing with Bruce and Members is that they are both running fwds, obviously Paddy not so much. If anything, Paddy is the first fwd of the three dropped IMO.
Paddy's ability to roam far and wide is underestimated. Took 12 marks today and had 8 inside 50's as an example of that.

I remember Johnno Brown saying late last year how surprised he was at Paddy's running ability after he watched him closely in one of our games.

Have you ever heard the saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

That about sums you Essendon fans and your valid opinions up.

Except making analysis on football isn't throwing stones, If you are taking offense you're just being unnecessarily sensitive. This is a thread about Carlton and St.Kilda not the place for discussion about Essendon.

92 points in a practice game with Bruce kicking 7

The fact they wen't backwards after last weeks belting makes it worse. I wold be really concerned if i were a Blues fan.
Their fans are off with the fairies that SOS can do no wrong although he's yet to prove a thing besides shooting fish in barrels down at GWS.
There will be no concern amonst the blues faithful at all. Plus they have McKay,the next Carey despite still yet to make his AFL debut. Bright future for Carlton according to them.

losing vs injecting with drugs, clearly you missed the lesson here.
Sensative much?
Essendon have been dealt with and its now the past,and it's not like Carlton have never been caught for cheating.

Why is it that the most sensative amongst us are also the ones with the shortest memories?

Saints have dominated this game yet Lonie still battles to get involved. Not sure why Richo perseveres with him. He's a very limited footballer. I'd say the same about Nick Graham for Carlton.

We could have had chosen Caleb Daniel instead...

Our recruiters haven't done much wrong since 2011, this would be their biggest miss

Daniel isn't limited by his size somehow, Lonie on the other hand plays like a 5 footer

It's a shame, because he has a lot of good qualities, but atm they're outweighed by his deficiencies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back