JLT 2017 Wk2/AFLW R4 - Melbourne v Carlton (DBL Header), Casey Fields, from 11.35am, Foxfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Match Information
Teams

AFL Womens

MELBOURNE
B: B.Patterson 24, M.Clifford 44, K.Smith 13
HB: D.Pearce 6, L.Duryea 11, S.Scott 12
C: H.Cordner 21
HF: K.Paxman 4, D.Berry 7, L.Mithen 14
F: S.Lampard 8, J.Anderson 28, C.Phillips 35
FOLL: L.Pearce 15, M.Hickey 18, E.O'Dea 5
I/C: E.Humphries 3, R.Cranston 30, A.Newman 16, J.Grierson 19, M.Boyd 25, A.Mifsud 9
Emergencies: A.Kemp 36, S.Jolly 10

In: A.Newman
Out: S.Jolly

CARLTON
B: L.Brazzale 12, I.Ayre 22, L.Attard 14
HB: N.Exon 15, D.Vescio 3, B.Jakobsson 35
C: L.Arnell 13
HF: G.Pound 6, D.Hardiman 31, R.Privitelli 9
F: M.Keryk 4, A.Downie 30, K.Shierlaw 25
FOLL: S.Audley 26, K.Gillespie-Jones 5, T.Lucas-Rodd 18
I/C: K.Loynes 2, T.Nestor 20, J.Kennedy 23, A.Brown 27, S.Hosking 10, B.Moody 16
Emergencies: K.Darby 8

In: T.Nestor, J.Kennedy
Out: B.Davey (lower back), S.Last

JLT Series

MELBOURNE
1. Jesse Hogan, 2. Nathan Jones, 3. Christian Salem, 5. Christian Petracca, 6. Jordan Lewis, 7. Jack Viney, 9. Jack Trengove, 10. Angus Brayshaw, 11. Max Gawn, 13. Clayton Oliver, 14. Michael Hibberd, 15. Billy Stretch, 18. Jake Melksham, 20. Colin Garland, 22. Aaron vandenberg, 23. Bernie Vince, 24. Jay Kennedy-Harris, 25. Tom McDonald, 26. Sam Weideman, 28. Oscar McDonald, 29. Jayden Hunt, 30. Alex Neal-Bullen, 32. Tomas Bugg, 33. Jake Spencer, 37. Dion Johnstone, 43. James Harmes, 44. Joel Smith

Notable absentees: Neville Jetta, Jeff Garlett, Dom Tyson, Jack Watts

CARLTON
1. Jack Silvagni, 3. Marc Murphy, 4. Bryce Gibbs, 6. Kade Simpson, 7. Dylan Buckley, 8. Matthew Kreuzer, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Sam Kerridge, 13. Jed Lamb, 15. Sam Docherty, 16. Billie Smedts, 17. Sam Rowe, 20. Lachie Plowman, 22. Caleb Marchbank, 23. Jacob Weitering, 24. Rhys Palmer, 25. Zac Fisher, 27. Dennis Armfield, 28. David Cuningham, 29. Cameron Polson, 30. Charlie Curnow, 33. Jarrod Pickett, 35. Edward Curnow, 37. Daniel Gorringe, 39. Dale Thomas, 41. Levi Casboult, 42. Kym LeBois, 43. Simon White, 46. Matthew Wright

Notable absentees: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Patrick Cripps, Nick Graham, Andrew Phillips

I'm really ******* sick of them using the womens league as a way to give exposure to s**t umpires. Carltons first goal was never holding the ball.

I'm really ******* sick of them using the womens league as a way to give exposure to s**t umpires. Carltons first goal was never holding the ball.
Without commenting on that specific decision because I don't know what the ump's view of it was. But generally I think you're spot on. The Academy umpires are pretty frustrating.

Funny old arm wrestle so far. Carlton trying to clog it up like I thought they might, but Melbourne have been good on the few times they've managed a fast break. It started bouncing around like a pinball late in the half so maybe the Blues will change tact in the 2nd.

For a tall, lumbering, seemingly slow unit, Shierlaw has a knack of getting into good spots at the right time.

That free for below the knees was a ******* disgrace. Apparently they don't actually teach the rules of the game at the academy

Umpires are solidly in the ******* tank for Carlton. Absolute bullshit decisions all over the ground. Not paying dropping the ball on our forward flank, dangerous tackle, below the knees, picking that on the full from nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

runs onto the ball, takes multiple strides, tackled and drops it. Play on. get ****ed

Well the 4th quarter was more like it for Carlton, but they missed 3-4 sodas before that which they were putting away in the first two rounds. Just keeps getting better for Melbourne, they should be making the race for the top 2 verrrry tight and interesting. Cranston materialising out of nowhere to run away with victory, could that be an omen or what.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back