Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Its just over 8 weeks until we play - yes - only 8 weeks !! :)

really thinking about heading up to this game to see us take on 2017 premiers Richmond. Its a long way out but I'd like to see a team something like;-

Francis Hartley Baguley
Saad Brown McKenna
Smith Heppell Parish
Tippa Stewart Laverde
Begley Daniher Houlahan

Luey Z.Merrett Mutch

Colyer Redman Draper Ridley
Green Langford Clarke Long

Will be really interesting to see how we go against the Tigers who'll likely rest a few as will we, but it would still be great to see some footy again and get a win against last years premiers even if its just a JLT game

Last edited:

We will only use guys in our best 28-30 id imagine

With only 2 JLT games id expect most sides to have theit best teams.

No doubt we need to see how Mutch, Myers, Langers, Francis, Laverde, Leuy/TBC, Colyer are tracking for best 22.

I doubt we will see Ridley, Long, Draper, Green, Houlahan at all unless somw of the kids are doing/do remarkable things in PS training and match sim/intra clubs

I know - can’t help myself...I was at the cricket yesterday drinking warm beer and someone said ‘how long till the footy starts’ - was pleasantly surprised that it’s only 8 weeks so thought I’d start the thread!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like it's not even relevant yet.
Says the guy who posted a thread with predictions with what our defensive match ups will be.
The intent was a discussion for defensive structures which was creeping all over the place

I know - can’t help myself...I was at the cricket yesterday drinking warm beer and someone said ‘how long till the footy starts’ - was pleasantly surprised that it’s only 8 weeks so thought I’d start the thread!

Essendon will participate in AFLX at Etihad Stadium on Feb 16th, I know it’s not even close to the real thing but the club will be in action in 7 weeks!

Stuff it use our best team I want us to beat those pricks.

A win against the regining premier even though its only a JLT game will give the team massive confidence heading into the season.

Yep - I like your thinking mate - a win over The premiers whatever the case always a positive step in the right direction

Its just over 8 weeks until we play - yes - only 8 weeks !! :)

really thinking about heading up to this game to see us take on 2017 premiers Richmond. Its a long way out but I'd like to see a team something like;-

Francis Hartley Baguley
Saad Brown McKenna
Smith Heppell Parish
Tippa Stewart Laverde
Begley Daniher Houlahan

Luey Z.Merrett Mutch

Colyer Redman Draper Ridley
Green Langford Clarke Long

Will be really interesting to see how we go against the Tigers who'll likely rest a few as will we, but it would still be great to see some footy again and get a win against last years premiers even if its just a JLT game
Rest a few?

Probably not the right terminology after 6 months off mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your total lack of self awareness.
Maybe it's your total flogishness? How is creating a thread talking about defensive structures and strategies for next season in any way comparable to this?

I love it when you talk tough Eth. Its cute. :)

And Kakkle already explained it to you.
Explained what? That I created a thread about defensive structures, which, you know, defensive match ups have a part in?

Explained what? That I created a thread about defensive structures, which, you know, defensive match ups have a part in?

Nothing wrong with your thread, really. I get the premise, but it's just funny that you of all people are calling out someone for going too early, when you've listed 10 teams who you think might be in contention and what you think the match ups will be. You have match ups for against Sydney & St Kilda, and we don't play them either team until Round 19 & 21. How can you not see the irony?

Nothing wrong with your thread, really. I get the premise, but it's just funny that you of all people are calling out someone for going too early, when you've listed 10 teams who you think might be in contention and what you think the match ups will be. You have match ups for against Sydney & St Kilda, and we don't play them either team until Round 19 & 21. How can you not see the irony?
I honestly didn't realize we played them that late. I just did them assuming that we'd play them relatively early tbh

This thread is every off-season cliche in one... well except for the preseason training pics.

View attachment 448033

Fixed.
if you look really closely you can see some definition in Francis' arms although it does look he is taking the inside line on his laps. Who is the Dion Prestia looking dwarf wearing the grey muscle top and red hat at the front?

If we are going to go in with close to our best 22 - then it would be something like;-

Ambrose Hurley Saad
Gleeson Hooker McKenna
Parish Heppell McGrath
Tippa Daniher Smith
Stewart Stringer Fantasia

Bellcho Zakka Z.Merrett

Bench from: Goddard Colyer Langford Laverde

I'd still like to see guys like - Francis, Begley, brown, Mutch, Clarke, Houlahan & Guelfi get a run though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back