News JLT 2019

Reddog took a while to get going again after he had some pretty solid contact from A. Pearce in the first q yesterday. Sudden;y he's finished with 29 touches and leads all comers with 9 tackles. He has developed into such an important player for us.

I really like that Stenglein comparison. It's apt.

Just as we will one day regard B. Matera's career entirely - I literally don't remember a single thing about that.

Such an underwhelming player.

End result is you can pretty much lock in Ballantyne for Round 1

Just as we will one day regard B. Matera's career entirely - I literally don't remember a single thing about that.

Such an underwhelming player.

*may not have happened

It’s JLT so in the grand scheme of things largely unimportant but I can’t help but smile looking at this ladder

1. West Coast 2-0, 169.11%
18. Fremantle 0-2, 64.55%

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Gotta say i thought Sheps incident was rather silly.He was charging out and should have tapped the ball out in front but chose to take possession and duck his head into Lobb.Wasnt necessary!!

Every time there was a disputed ball I had such confidence in our surrounding structures. It feels like if we win that (approx) 50/50 we have players right on their toes ready to make two moves and get the ball somewhere productive either forward or laterally. Then if we lose it we're so equipped to neutralise and apply pressure and then we have like 700 backs in perfect position to intercept immediately, and they're all gun kicks except for Barrass who just gives it off or smacks the left through it. If things remain in dispute we have gotten fearsomely proficient at providing/covering off all options and whoever is in the contested sphere (Redden, Dom, Yeo, Hutch, Shupe etc.) at the time always seems equipped to tap or manipulate the ball to our players in waiting. And now most of our squad knows we can keep that up for a long, long time. Also, this probably isn't even one of our two top strengths.

Anyway I'll leave yas to it. :cool:

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Brandon Matera offered a week for striking Waterman in the first quarter yesterday. Anyone have any recollection of an incident whatsoever?

Vaguely recall it, because I hadn't recognised Matera until the commentators named him. There was a small scuffle in the aftermath too. It was a cheap shot.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
good thing Jake turned 20 four days before the match
think-of-the-children.gif

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Vaguely recall it, because I hadn't recognised Matera until the commentators named him. There was a small scuffle in the aftermath too. It was a cheap shot.

Correct weight! I remember the scuffle more than the incident, but a few of our boys took exception to it. Flew the flag early.

Back