News JLT 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

My only concern is how non prominent Gaff has been. Definetely not the dominating conqueror of last year.

But can be a positive...maybe everyone is sharing the load.

He’s got an extra 2 weeks to train hard and build his fitness compared to everyone else, he’s probably been told to take it easy and make sure he’s ready for round 3.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just realized something I wonder if Luke Shuey will be treated like Nic Nat in terms of rotations because of the inclusion of Dom Sheed? Dom Sheed inclusion only happened due to Gaff so now there are all in the squad somebody got to get less mid time.

I predict Shuey to get less mins but be a burst player like Nic Nat.

He’s got an extra 2 weeks to train hard and build his fitness compared to everyone else, he’s probably been told to take it easy and make sure he’s ready for round 3.

Yeah, he's as rusty as. .... not clean, terribly fumbly. He will get his mojo back by the time we play off again.

Yeah, he's as rusty as. .... not clean, terribly fumbly. He will get his mojo back by the time we play off again.

Yep we still haven't proven that we can carry all the mids. Sheed Inclusion and rise occurred when Gaff went down. But 98 percent sure it will work out

But I'm excited 4 players proven 25+ possession or more

Sheed
Shuey
Gaff
Redden

Vs

Crouch
Crouch
Sloane
Seedman/Laird

We are good spot. I regard Crows 2017 mid as really good better than Richmond?

I'm also pretty hyped for Gaff return. Could be on the level of Cousin return getting 30 possessions.

MOST impressed by Hickeys efforts.His follow up work was first class! Its like we had an extra midfielder!Brander was very composed.OAllen probably needs to rethink his game at times.If darling and/or Vardy are flying for marks its pointless being up there with them.Hes a smart enough footballer to play short when needed.My early career comments that we may have the best Rioli could yet be true.Ryan is a star!!!!! My oft stated dream forward line of Ryan,Petrol,Venners and Rioli moves ever closer!My big reality check is Richmond last year!.This sort of form this early has me worried. [already???]
Actually ryan should be re-thinking it. He's the small forward and the most likely to crumb the ball.

Just realized something I wonder if Luke Shuey will be treated like Nic Nat in terms of rotations because of the inclusion of Dom Sheed? Dom Sheed inclusion only happened due to Gaff so now there are all in the squad somebody got to get less mid time.

Think Yeo might play bit up forward and down back if they need. Shuey not as versatile as he used to be back in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reddog took a while to get going again after he had some pretty solid contact from A. Pearce in the first q yesterday. Sudden;y he's finished with 29 touches and leads all comers with 9 tackles. He has developed into such an important player for us.

I really like that Stenglein comparison. It's apt.
Priddis/Mitchell retirment, Full preseasons and new game plan has been the making of him. He'll be an asset in any team as he's one of the most balanced mids in the comp. Can run all day and has the footy smarts and skills to play an outside role but has the strength and hands to dame at stoppages.

Dom Has a couple Redden traits but has bit more to go.

Seriously? Kennedy, Darking, Brander, OAllen, Waterman, Vardyt and Hickey?

Hell no

I doubt Kennedy will play off 1 inter club game and of those players maybe Waterman the unlucky one ..
So Brander ,Allen yes .Hickey and Vardy rucks and Darling gets pencilled in automatically..

Reddog took a while to get going again after he had some pretty solid contact from A. Pearce in the first q yesterday. Sudden;y he's finished with 29 touches and leads all comers with 9 tackles. He has developed into such an important player for us.

I really like that Stenglein comparison. It's apt.
it is apt, and the way he sort of goes unnoticed, doesn't stand out so much, not flashy, but he's in there doing all the heavy lifting..
Hows Lyons - getting off to an early whinge and whine, his face even annoys me now? Wish Freo would get a new coach..time for a change purple people!

I doubt Kennedy will play off 1 inter club game and of those players maybe Waterman the unlucky one ..
So Brander ,Allen yes .Hickey and Vardy rucks and Darling gets pencilled in automatically..

1 WAFL game in the last 10 years, and he has been injured plenty in that time, suggests he doesn't need a tune up.

I personally think an 80% fit Kennedy adds more to the team than one of the young guys. I also think he will find top form and full fitness quicker being played at AFL level. If he is 100% over his injuries and it is only a fitness/finding touch issue, play him Round 1 I say.

Shuey should rest on the forward flank. He could easily kick 30 goals a season

Shuey should rest on the forward flank. He could easily kick 30 goals a season
Shuey is in supreme form.He has gone to another level.When he gets the ball its like"nobody can touch me".I think if he stays fit,and with the plethora of good mids around him,i'll stick my hand up and say he will go very close to winning a Brownlow this year or next.He is also extremely team oriented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back