Discussion JLT Community Series 2019: Photos and Discussion

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wasn't expecting anything less, but I gotta say it's pretty discouraging when it's Night 1 of the pre-season and we already have our first clash for the year. Essendon shouldn't be wearing their home and they certainly shouldn't be introducing white (something that I hate when the opposing team's guernsey contains white). It's probably in the upper third on Stormy's old "contrast/clash" scale.

649776.jpg

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
I wasn't expecting anything less, but I gotta say it's pretty discouraging when it's Night 1 of the pre-season and we already have our first clash for the year. Essendon shouldn't be wearing their home and they certainly shouldn't be introducing white (something that I hate when the opposing team's guernsey contains white). It's probably in the upper third on Stormy's old "contrast/clash" scale.

649776.jpg
hope youre joking.

649776.jpg
The shorts definitely create less of a clash, though I was under the impression that the JLT was a reason for clubs to fit-up with their alternate kits in order to increase their sales. Why wouldn't they want to do this + create less clash?

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
zero clash
Tbh it's not about personal opinion it's about the application of the rule. Given Essendon aren't allowed to wear black vs Freo (and if they could they would), logic therefore dictates that a team with nearly exactly the same kit but in a darker colour would also be a "clash team" for Essendon.
Whether anyone thinks either of those matchups is a clash or not is irrelevant in this situation.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
The clash itself isn't too bad, I can deal with that. but it's just the lack of consistency which is the worst part of it. If a=b and b=c, therefore c=a. If Essendon v Freo clash and Freo v Blues clash, therefore Essendon v Blues clash. Sorry for the math lesson but the AFL badly need one.

Back