Discussion JLT Community Series 2019: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

if the Swans are gonna persist with wearing their home against GWS then could they at least wear white shorts. This contrast sucks.

Just talking about this - it does seem a little paler, and the charcoal numbers seem to stand out more against it?

Yep I was thinking the same thing, shame they've gone done a pale orange route because the bright orange look really nice

because there is no clash

if you cannot see the big red sash that goes all around the jumper then you are colourblind and shouldn't be playing footy
What if you don't play footy but just enjoy watching it?

Thankfully our respective clubs takes a reasonable approach and just invert their jumpers when a clash arises, which works a treat. If only other clubs could do the same.

Not jumpers but I can't understand why JLT and NAB are happy with their on-field logos being so flat that they are completely illegible.
At Moreton Bay you can make out the JLT stuff on the near wing (but it's not great) but the NAB on the far wing is totally pointless.

Not jumpers but I can't understand why JLT and NAB are happy with their on-field logos being so flat that they are completely illegible.
At Moreton Bay you can make out the JLT stuff on the near wing (but it's not great) but the NAB on the far wing is totally pointless.
Presumably because the grounds are not stadiums and the cameras aren't on the high level we usually see

Presumably because the grounds are not stadiums and the cameras aren't on the high level we usually see
Oh yeah I get that, but surely in discussions "so we want the JLT Community Series logo on the near wing and the JLT logo on the far wing" and "We want the AFLW logo on the near wing and the NAB logo on the far wing, and we'll have both on the far wing if JLT has a game there too" someone woulda gone "wellll, you're not gonna see it very well coz the camera will be 5m lower to the ground than at the MCG" and they woulda thought of a better way of doing things.
It just looks amatuer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is the JLT, they're playing at grounds that normally host juniors and local footy. It's not going to be professional
This is still the preseason for the elite level of the sport isn't it? The grounds still need to be a certain standard.
I don't see NFL preseason games or Cricket World Cup warmup matches looking amatuer just because it's preseason. If I were the guys paying the money, I'd want the logo visible.

I don't see NFL preseason games or Cricket World Cup warmup matches looking amatuer just because it's preseason. If I were the guys paying the money, I'd want the logo visible.

The NFL and CWC pre-season matches are a lot more serious though. They're still played at the big stadiums, unlike the AFL who plays pre-season matches at a local footy ground somewhere in the sticks

Also, the skill-set of the local footy ground painters (and the equipment they have available) is probably pushed to the limit drawing those kinds of logos. When Geelong plays at GMHBA on Thursday, I'm almost entirely certain the logos will be AFL-standard

I always found it weird how the closer side with the AFL logo is flat and eligible on TV and anywhere on the ground, but the far one (sponsor's logo) is so squashed that you can't make anything out at the ground. Does the 25 metre distance actually distort things that much? And why are the farther Telstra 50-arc logos, which basically sit in line with the wing sponsor, also flat but fine on tele?

The NFL and CWC pre-season matches are a lot more serious though. They're still played at the big stadiums, unlike the AFL who plays pre-season matches at a local footy ground somewhere in the sticks
Yeah they redo they logos about a week from the preseason so by the time a team is playing there it looks all professional. That said though, NFL preseason isn't that serious compared to AFL, usually just a handful of stars play in the first two games and then may come in for week 3 if at all. Basically just to give the 2nd string players some game time and loosen the joints.

I always found it weird how the closer side with the AFL logo is flat and eligible on TV and anywhere on the ground, but the far one (sponsor's logo) is so squashed that you can't make anything out at the ground. Does the 25 metre distance actually distort things that much? And why are the farther Telstra 50-arc logos, which basically sit in line with the wing sponsor, also flat but fine on tele?
Think about how for the logo on the broadcast side (the main season one is stretched a little btw) the camera is looking down on it much more than the one 50m further away on the far side of the square. Similar for the Telstra logos; they'd have a bit of stretch on them but nowhere near as much as the one on the far side so the brain ignores it as soon as it recognises the logo.

Also, the skill-set of the local footy ground painters (and the equipment they have available) is probably pushed to the limit drawing those kinds of logos. When Geelong plays at GMHBA on Thursday, I'm almost entirely certain the logos will be AFL-standard
GMHBA will still have flat-ass logos because the AFL doesn't get the JLT logos stretched to create the correct proportions to correct the aspect. It'll still look better because the camera will be higher but it won't be looking like the stuff in-season. I doubt it's the local groundstaff painting the logos anyway; it'd be professional signwriters.

There was a close up of a crows dude in the crowd wearing a 2013 Puma Adelaide guernsey just then with an Adelaide player infront of him on the fence. The Puma colours looked way more vibrant and ISC looked washed out in comparison

ISC is currently the most washed out looking manufacturer in the league

Yeah nah, our colours are fine thanks

Pretty sure there’s a big Hyundai sign around the 50-metre line, right side of screen that’s been covered by a City of Joondalup banner. Probably an AFL directive?

Seems ISC are doing the 2 digit number-small thing again. Bit like Jack Darling's number 27 last year. Although that still does look like a huge gap. Looks amateurish.
I can’t be the only one that reckons ISC are a little amateurish. Things like this, that weird low cut collar and (certainly with Adelaide 2017) a weird shaped and long jumper. Nowhere near BLK or Nike bad but not that great either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back