hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Not really JLT related but this was in today's Advertiser. I wonder the author's football alliegances.
Using Mero's site I gave him a quick history lesson - given his hatred of the jumper as not being a "traditional South Australian guernsey" it's ironic that the State jumper has used basically the same design since 1979, bar 3 years in the '90s.

Attachments

• 20190305_063515.jpg
    20190305_063515.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 276
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can’t be the only one that reckons ISC are a little amateurish. Things like this, that weird low cut collar and (certainly with Adelaide 2017) a weird shaped and long jumper. Nowhere near BLK or Nike bad but not that great either.
IsC player issues can be longer than usual. Some I have, have a tag inside indicating they are a longer fit

Not really JLT related but this was in today's Advertiser. I wonder the author's football alliegances.
Using Mero's site I gave him a quick history lesson - given his hatred of the jumper as not being a "traditional South Australian guernsey" it's ironic that the State jumper has used basically the same design since 1979, bar 3 years in the '90s.
Wowsers, that’s a lost case.
Unless he wants us wearing the PB’s as that’s what we wore for a long time (and still do) in the SANFL.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't really think of this 'til now but I wonder if we could see Collingwood's new "vs. Carlton at home" jumper debuted this weekend? Or might the Blues be in their clash? Will probably be pretty tough on the eyes if it's status quo.

Didn't really think of this 'til now but I wonder if we could see Collingwood's new "vs. Carlton at home" jumper debuted this weekend? Or might the Blues be in their clash? Will probably be pretty tough on the eyes if it's status quo.
Going to the game this Monday so would love to see how it looks from a spectator perspective.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Bit of an awkward matchup.

Can't believe I'm about to say this but Bombers wearing red shorts would actually make a lot more sense here.

1551946746118.png

Noctorniquet

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Perth Wildcats
JLT in one photo. Anything goes!
Ridiculous, Cats have worn white shorts at home now consistently for a few seasons now bar a few games. This game is the perfect example where white shorts on the Cats and Essendon in full home kit makes the most aesthetic sense. But then again..... AFL logic.

Port white guernsey/black shorts look slick.
North blue guernsey/white shorts look slick.

They just don’t work together lol.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

I don't know why, but I can't shake this nagging feeling that we won't end up seeing this jumper. Ed announced it in June last year and there hasn't been a peep about it since. I know its not a major change that needs an announcement or anything but, I dunno.... just have a bad feeling about it.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
The AFL needs more different colour Guernsey and shorts combos like both teams have today, but they just don't work against each other.

Port white Guernsey black shorts vs an all blue Kangas would look mint.

Contrasting jumpers/shorts almost always look good, but unfortunately they just don't work that well in AFL. Needs to be only one of the teams playing, and their opponents need to have no common colours (North in their old white jumper with royal shorts against a team like Essendon or Richmond in home/black, for example).

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Contrasting jumpers/shorts almost always look good, but unfortunately they just don't work that well in AFL. Needs to be only one of the teams playing, and their opponents need to have no common colours (North in their old white jumper with royal shorts against a team like Essendon or Richmond in home/black, for example).
West coast yellow jumper blue shorts vs Port white jumper black shorts would look amazing :)

Brisbane still sporting the SOOW logo on the back of their jumpers today. Thought they might have covered it with duct tape or something.

I was surprised too, thought they may have gone down the Melbourne path when they had an issue with EnergyWatch? about six years ago and had the logo covered with tape for the next match
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you think about it, the SOOW partnership was probably destined to fall apart quickly. This is their website:

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 5.17.50 pm.png

And their Facebook page has all of 47 likes. I'm not entirely certain what it is that they do, either. Something along the lines of data encryption. They don't look at all like a big company that can sustain a major sponsorship with an AFL team

Eventually, Brisbane and SOOW will go down the same way the Geelong and Baytech partnership has. The two had a couple of months on board, the company missed payments, and then an abortion of the deal from the footy club ensued before the season started and after a couple of preseason matches.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I can’t be the only one that reckons ISC are a little amateurish. Things like this, that weird low cut collar and (certainly with Adelaide 2017) a weird shaped and long jumper. Nowhere near BLK or Nike bad but not that great either.
They're slowly but surely dropping the ball with a lot of things.
If the guernseys have even been produced yet...

Back