Game Day JLT Community Series - Carlton v Melbourne Game Day Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit s**t i pay for a membership that includes all tickets but have to pay to see the JLT

I have an AFLW Carlton membership and full H&A membership too. Is the price of admission for this really not covered by those? wow.

I'll be at a mates wedding at 2:00, ******* typical. Been waiting for this for ever. I keep telling people, check the Carlton schedule before organising important events. Hopefully the ceremony goes for 35 seconds and I can get to the nearest bar in between the reception. Otherwise I might be that guy up the back with my phone out pretending to take photos.

I'll be at a mates wedding at 2:00, ******* typical. Been waiting for this for ever. I keep telling people, check the Carlton schedule before organising important events. Hopefully the ceremony goes for 35 seconds and I can get to the nearest bar in between the reception. Otherwise I might be that guy up the back with my phone out pretending to take photos.
Just make sure you don't yell out at inappropriate times.

For example I hope you don't yell "YEEESSS!!!!" to celebrate a goal as the priest asks if anyone knows a reason why the should not get married.

I have an AFLW Carlton membership and full H&A membership too. Is the price of admission for this really not covered by those? wow.
Admission is free for members. The AFL encourage purchasing a ticket should capacity at the ground be limited. Shouldn't need to worry about this at any of the JLT games.

Expecting to get beaten but i guess it depends on how each side approaches the game and at the end of the day, it's not just about winning.
Melbourne have already had 1 hitout which is already an advantage.

Just hope for no injuries, to see improvement in the youngsters & better skills and ball movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit s**t i pay for a membership that includes all tickets but have to pay to see the JLT

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/sites/Carlton/news/2017-02-21/your-guide-to-the-jlt-series
Carlton members with game access are entitled to attend the Blues’ matches free of charge, however with entry subject to capacity, members are encouraged to upgrade to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket.

Admission is free for members. The AFL encourage purchasing a ticket should capacity at the ground be limited. Shouldn't need to worry about this at any of the JLT games.

Please note that particularly large crowds are expected at Casey Fields and Ikon Park where capacity is limited to 10,000 and 22,000 patrons respectively. Fans with general admission tickets are advised to arrive early to secure a spot in the heart of action.
With an all-Victorian AFLW game followed by the same clubs in the JLT, expect Casey to be close to capacity.

It's only got 300-500 seats, the rest is standing, so you don't want to be jostling for position.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/sites/Carlton/news/2017-02-21/your-guide-to-the-jlt-series

With an all-Victorian AFLW game followed by the same clubs in the JLT, expect Casey to be close to capacity.

It's only got 300-500 seats, the rest is standing, so you don't want to be jostling for position.
Is it just me or does it seem a bit stupid for Carlton and Melbourne to play at Casey Fields? Admittedly, I don't know Melbourne very well and I'm not sure where that is, but it just seems stupid to play it at a venue like that. I like it when they bring the games to the country, but surely two Melbourne clubs playing in Melbourne would be better suited to a ground with better facilities/grandstands.

I think you just have to take any emotion out of a pre season game. Just take it for what it is, a glorified training drill and look to see which youngsters can push into the best 22 for round 1.

Is it just me or does it seem a bit stupid for Carlton and Melbourne to play at Casey Fields? Admittedly, I don't know Melbourne very well and I'm not sure where that is, but it just seems stupid to play it at a venue like that. I like it when they bring the games to the country, but surely two Melbourne clubs playing in Melbourne would be better suited to a ground with better facilities/grandstands.
It's right on the borderline, that's for sure, but the next move would be Ikon and it's Melbourne's gate receipts.

I reckon you should all feel for me, I have to play cricket in a losing match we lost last week, but oppo wanted to play on this week so they can get the outright and get a home final! when i should be watching our boys go around..

not happy!

Melbourne with Lewis on board will be a good team this year pushing again towards the eight.Its only Jlt match. and will be a good measure where we are at with our defence holding up with a solid six....good opportunity for last years draft to help us.Cunners,Jack,Charlie,Harry....could see a 2016 draft blooding early we wait and see....Sps yes but injured.
Have to get no injuries and play well....Dees will be a solid unit plenty of bulls for SPS to ride but he will have to wait.Dont know what score will be at this stage,if we stay injury free or lowish like last year we will pick off plenty of teams again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back