Preview JLT Community Series - Carlton v St Kilda Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope to see SPS, Polson, Macreadie, Williamson. Need to give Fish, LeBois and Pickett another trot. Also more minutes for McKay. Weiters up forward again please.

I hate losing to St Kilda..... I hate it so much.

Yeah, St Kilda supporters hate Carlton and are all pumped up at the moment with expectation for 2017 and (secretly) a drought-breaking Premiership on the (very) near horizon! I think St Kilda had a streak of not winning at Princes Park for 44 years! Bet they were glad when our home games were moved to the MCG and Etihad - our record against them at Etihad is terrible!

Last edited:
With Gorringe and Phillips out with injuries, I'd like to see Korchek given a run for at least a half, this week or next. See where he's at, and help him see what else he needs to learn to prepare him for a call up.

With Gorringe and Phillips out with injuries, I'd like to see Korchek given a run for at least a half, this week or next. See where he's at, and help him see what else he needs to learn to prepare him for a call up.

He's a big boy! Would now be worth having a look at him given our ruck situation (Rowe and Casboult the part-time rucks and the only back-up for a big-hearted, but injury-prone Kreuze). At the very least it might help his confidence knowing that he's at least in the frame for a call-up at some stage (not a forgotten man) in the future and should help at least turbo-charge his year with the NBs.

My preferred team:

Sheehan, Glass McCasker, A Silvagni
Buckley, Marchbank, Plowman
Boekhorst, Graham, C Curnow
Silvagni, Jaksch, Armfield
Jones, McKay, LeBois
Kreuzer, Gibbs, Cuningham
Fisher, Polson, Williamson, Smedts, Palmer, Pickett, Lamb, Kerridge

We're still going to get annihilated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a 6 day turnaround for our last game I'm expecting Gibbs, Simpson and a few others to be rested. Saints will also field a young team but I think we will likely be spanked. Winning pre season games just doesn't seem to be a high priority for Bolton.

Hoping to see Marchbank, Fisher, Charlie, and Pickett build on what the promise they showed yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing Sumner, got something about him I really like. Also Polson from what little we've been able to glean from pre season. Possibly Williamson as well.

I just looking forward to going to a ground where I can actually see the play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who comes in and who's out ...........
Based on the JLT1 rotations, here's my guess:

Out: Rowe, Simpson, Murphy, Gibbs, Wright, Docherty, Casboult, Smedts, Gorringe, Palmer, E.Curnow
In: Macreadie, Williamson, Polson, Cripps, SPS, Sheehan, Lamb, Boekhorst, Korcheck, Armfield, Sumner

Last edited:
That in turn gives something like this as a lineup:

FB: White Marchbank Macreadie
HB: Sheehan Weitering Williamson
C: Buckley SPS Boekhorst
HF: Pickett C.Curnow Polson
FF: LeBois McKay Armfield

R: Korcheck Kerridge Fisher

Int: Thomas, Silvagni, Kreuzer, Plowman, Cripps, Sumner, Cuningham, Lamb

Am I right in thinking that Gallucci is injured?

My preferred team:

Sheehan, Glass McCasker, A Silvagni
Buckley, Marchbank, Plowman
Boekhorst, Graham, C Curnow
Silvagni, Jaksch, Armfield
Jones, McKay, LeBois
Kreuzer, Gibbs, Cuningham
Fisher, Polson, Williamson, Smedts, Palmer, Pickett, Lamb, Kerridge

We're still going to get annihilated
That team would get done badly in Vfl.

That in turn gives something like this as a lineup:

FB: White Marchbank Macreadie
HB: Sheehan Weitering Williamson
C: Buckley SPS Boekhorst
HF: Pickett C.Curnow Polson
FF: LeBois McKay Armfield

R: Korcheck Kerridge Fisher

Int: Thomas, Silvagni, Kreuzer, Plowman, Cripps, Sumner, Cuningham, Lamb

Am I right in thinking that Gallucci is injured?
Saints will take that team apart.....i dont think Bolts would allow such a margin.Buckley can play Vfl he already got a game last week.Sheehan can gain entry via Vfl same as Boekhorst,Thomas,Korcheck,White.
Dont mind the draftees getting a half ...especially Williamson--> who could be along similar lines as Marchbank.Great athlete just needs to get confident winning the ball.

The news is we will play a junior team against the Saints,lets hope they do the same to make some kind of game out of it.
If thats true possibly most of this years draftees will see some experience...our experienced B graders can gain entry to Afl via proving themselves in the Vfl..

That team would get done badly in Vfl.
[Ron Howard voice]
It wouldn't.

Saints will take that team apart.....i dont think Bolts would allow such a margin.Buckley can play Vfl he already got a game last week.Sheehan can gain entry via Vfl same as Boekhorst,Thomas,Korcheck,White.
Dont mind the draftees getting a half ...especially Williamson--> who could be along similar lines as Marchbank.Great athlete just needs to get confident winning the ball.

The news is we will play a junior team against the Saints,lets hope they do the same to make some kind of game out of it.
If thats true possibly most of this years draftees will see some experience...our experienced B graders can gain entry to Afl via proving themselves in the Vfl..
You seem to have completely erased the memories of last year's game vs. Essendon at Ikon, while stating exactly the conditions upon which Zee and I came up with our teams.

It's going to be 1st and 2nd year players that are in the mix for being at the top 30 at the club, then the bulk of the rest will be players who didn't put in over 75% game time last week, and any structural gaps. Korcheck is an absolute lock to play.

Northern have only announced one VFL pre-season game so far, and if it's the same as last year, they'll play three. First one will likely fall on the weekend of March 10th-12th.

Not even going to bother breaking down the rest of the selection claims of your diatribe, but suffice to say this will be our weakest squad of the pre-season series.

EDIT: In fact, a tentative VFL pre-season schedule was dropped late last night, and our first game is scheduled for Friday the 10th of March.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back