Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 1, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda (Opposition welcome)

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Click the image to be redirected to the ticket purchase page)

Finally we are back! Our pre-season campaign kicks off next Saturday afternoon against North Melbourne. As it's JLT I think this thread will serve as all three of the preview, game day, and autopsy threads in one.

Who impressed in the intra-club to warrant selection? Will Gresham, Billings, Steele, Membrey play? Steven, Long, Hannebery, Carlisle, Webster?

I am hopeful of seeing more of Matty Parker who was super impressive in the intra-club match, kicked a couple of goals and was involved in a lot of passages of play. Will be keeping a close eye on our ball movement and especially our entry inside F50.

We didn't give much credence to last years JLT competition and our form there translated into the real stuff - so I think we all should be keeping a much closer eye on how the boys go this time around.

Anyone going? Thoughts? Game will be televised on Fox Footy too for those that have a subscription.

Somebody mentioned before that JLT form equates to confidence, especially for a young group, so this JLT series could potentially be the difference between a good and bad start to the season for us. Let’s hope the boys take it equally as seriously!

Can't wait to see how the team looks next Saturday. Last year our form was very clear from the JLT matches, we looked bad from the beginning.

People say JLT doesn't count for much, but after last year I'll be looking for some serious improvement on field. Boy it feels good to know there's gonna be some Sainters action next week!

A bit nervous, just quietly...based on what we saw in last year’s JLT and how that translated into our season.
Not to mention that we’ll be playing last year’s nemesis first up. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this one! I think we will put forward a fairly strong side but give some extra chances to those that impressed at the Intra Club.

Not sure who we will rest, maybe Brown so that we can audition the other backs. Might rest Geary and Steven for this one but give them a run against the Dogs. Hopefully we will look something like this with the extended bench:

B: McKenzie Joyce Coffield
HB: Hind Battle Roberton
C: Phillips Clark Ross
HF: Kent McCartin Parker
F: Membrey Bruce Long
R: Pierce Steele Gresh

Austin Marshal Lonie Sinclair Billings Dunston Webster Paton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that we have 8 interchange for the match. Surely they'll up that to 10 and shorten the quarters or something.
Quarters are already shortened in JLT to 17 minutes.

The traffic will be horrendous .
🚗🚕🚐🚌 ⏳🌡️☀️ = 😩😠

The airshow traffic is horrendous near the airshow, mainly in the morning when everyone tries to get there for the start. Everyone leaves at various times when they feel like it , so its pretty dispersed. Doubt it will affect the footy much. Nowhere near as bad as when there is a big game on at the G the same time the Saints are playing at Marvel.

Back