Game Day JLT Community Series | Game 1 | North Melbourne vs Sydney - Coffs Harbour - Sunday 19 February 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How the **** did we end up getting the two sydney teams and hawthorn :tearsofjoy:

I imagine the AwFuL doing the fixture with team names on cards, heading straight for their fav's and matching them up, leaving out the teams they expect to fall from the limelight due to player losses (us and Hawthorn). All the while saving their own club GWS and their big tv money earner Sydney until the end as well.

The upside is it should show us exactly where we're at leading into the season proper.

Would like to see the below team line up

B: Williams Tarrant Macmillan
HB: Mullett Durdin McDonald
C: Clarke Ziebell Higgins
HF: Turner McKay Wood
F: Thomas Waite Hrovat
R: Preuss Swallow Cunners
I: Atley Hansen Wagner Dumont

Mountford Watson Hibberd also if not the following game
:rolleyes:

raw (1).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If today is anything to go by, we're looking to get it inside 50 quick lickety split. Every time someone paused to think before moving it on around 10 voices all started screaming 'get it in there get it in there get it in there!'

Felt like I was back in the seminary.

I wouldn't be sending anywhere near our best team.

B: Williams - Hansen - MacMillan
HB: Ziebell - Durdin - Vickers-Willis
C: Clarke - Mountford - McDonald
HF: Turner - McKay - Wagner
F: Thomas - Larkey - Hrovat
R: Preuss - Cunnington - Dumont
I: Swallow Hibberd Mullet
Gibson Atley Nielson

Rest: Waite, Wood, Higgo, Taz, Goldy
Not Ready: Brown, Garner, Jacobs, Daw
Injured: Thompson, Wright, Anderson

If today is anything to go by, we're looking to get it inside 50 quick lickety split. Every time someone paused to think before moving it on around 10 voices all started screaming 'get it in there get it in there get it in there!'

Felt like I was back in the seminary.

By Rd 20 it will be same old s**t...backwards...sideways...holding ball above head...kicking it to Drew...I mean....ummmm

I hope the desire to 'get it in there' quickly is tempered with the desire to retain the ball and stop giving it to the opposition, which was almost as big a problem last year as was the inability to move the ball with purpose. Turnovers kicking the ball to our half forward line against quicker sides were usually the impetus for losing the games.

There isn't a team in the comp that will be able to cope with Waite, Wood, Brown and Daw....

Just need to get it in there quickly.

Agree. It's our best chance.

There isn't a team in the comp that will be able to cope with Waite, Wood, Brown and Daw....

Just need to get it in there quickly.

The bigger concern may be the defensive contributions of the above four once we inevitably turn it over. They'll all have to contribute. A fully fit W80 should help in that regard at least.

The bigger concern may be the defensive contributions of the above four once we inevitably turn it over. They'll all have to contribute. A fully fit W80 should help in that regard at least.

The inclusions of Turner & Garner should mitigate these concerns.

We desperately missed them.

Also a quicker more willing to tackle midfield should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back