Unofficial Preview JLT Community Series Game 1 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless AhChee pulls a rabbit out of his hat this year he will be delisted and he wont be picked up by another AFL side.

I think you'll find our entire rookie group is probably the best we've ever had, there also is serious potential for them all to survive the cut this year because if the rookie list is disposed of at the end of the year as people expect, they could just be absorbed onto the main list. I am extremely keen to see how Houston goes though, they've obviously ear marked him for the half back role which we are slightly understocked for based on our off season cull and the positional shifting that's gone on.

Agree and agree, I think he is similar to O'Shea in the sense that there are a number of players like him, I tipped that another club wouldn't pick him up. AhChee has his back to the wall, sometimes that brings out the best in people.

Houston and Hewetts form from the mid point of last years SANFL season was very promising. I can't think of time when we had an equally as promising rookie list.

Toump is a probable delist, unless something drastic happens and he lives up to his hype
Matt White will probably retire
Angus Monfries is another who could retire
Justin Westhoff is a possible retirement, but I think he can go for another one or two seasons, probably be offered one year deals
Billy Frampton, Aidyn Johnson, Cam Hewett and Dan Houston are all out of contract, they'll either need to debut or be delisted

and then there's others who it depends on their form, like Sam Gray, Karl Amon and Jesse Palmer

and then there's others who are Free Agents that we desperately need to keep, like Jasper Pittard and Jackson Trengove, I've got a feeling Pittard will only stay if Hinkley is still coaching in 2018. Trengove loves the club, I don't think he'll go anywhere else.

You cant be serious??

Anyone popping a buck on us? @$2.60

Hmmm.

What's interesting to me is that they rate St.Kilda @ $4.50 to be 40+...and us @ $17.00.

Might be some money to be made early on in the season depending on how things go with this game. But nah, not betting until I get some proper form to go on.

Hmmm.

What's interesting to me is that they rate St.Kilda @ $4.50 to be 40+...and us @ $17.00.

Might be some money to be made early on in the season depending on how things go with this game. But nah, not betting until I get some proper form to go on.

I very nearly put a tenner down on Port at 2.60, but had the exact same thought. Betting on JLT is a bit silly really. Especially given TOG is monitored and some teams will play with the full 6 players on the bench while others will use only four and so on.

they're out of contract and not first 22 players, so they'll need to force their way into the side or they will be delisted, Frampton probably more so than Johnson, but personally, I think they'll both still be at Port next year

So they are both going to debut this year?

they're out of contract and not first 22 players, so they'll need to force their way into the side or they will be delisted, Frampton probably more so than Johnson, but personally, I think they'll both still be at Port next year
So they are both going to debut this year?
They don't necessarily have to debut, If they're considered required depth then they could be kept on. No point in delisting someone who has been developed to a supporting role just so you can pick up a green recruit.

if we were to retire / delist the normal circa 5 players then of those group.

White - retiree (1)
Toumpas - one year deal as depth
Monfries - retiree (2)
AhChee - delist (3)
Snelling - upgrade
S Gray - delist (4)
Amon - one year deal
Palmer - one year deal
Neade - delist or trade (5)

Out of that bunch it came down to Neade or toumpass. I gave benefit of doubt to toump.

This is naturally pre season guess. I look forward to reviewing in 8 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we were to retire / delist the normal circa 5 players then of those group.

White - retiree (1)
Toumpas - one year deal as depth
Monfries - retiree (2)
AhChee - delist (3)
Snelling - upgrade
S Gray - delist (4)
Amon - one year deal
Palmer - one year deal
Neade - delist or trade (5)

Out of that bunch it came down to Neade or toumpass. I gave benefit of doubt to toump.

This is naturally pre season guess. I look forward to reviewing in 8 months

Neade is not so bad, if he got more consistent...

Cant believe the discussion is hovering around delisting at this time of year lol, anything can happen

Questions which will be asked of these players from this game on:

Can they return to form?
Boak, Ryder, Polec, Lobbe, Jonas

Will their positional change pay dividends?
Hartlett, Trengove, Wingard, Krakouer, Westhoff

s**t or get off the pot:
Neade, Amon, S.Gray

Show us what you got:
Powell-Pepper, Eddy, Atley, Johnson, Houston, Bonner, Snelling, Drew(not playing)

Pls just be better this year even if you went okay last:
Ebert, Young, Wines, Clurey, Dixon, Impey, Pittard, Hombsch

I just want to see some fluid moments of play with good disposal and system if it resembles our first hitouts of the last 2 years I think I'll cry.
My bold
At the $'s it'll cost to replace the tv and the doctor's bill for my injured foot when I eventually get it out of the screen.

Just watched the voss interview that is up on the PAFC site

'Win/loss secondary to us in the JLT Series'

I know what he means but still, I don't like the language - winning form is good form.
If you don't test out new things (positioning, tactics etc) in a meaningless pre-season game when do you test them?

Neade is not so bad, if he got more consistent...

Cant believe the discussion is hovering around delisting at this time of year lol, anything can happen

Agree. Neade is not so bad. But his height isn't great. With Johnson at 185cm vying for same spot. Neade is in danger.

But yeah, long way to go. I'm not delisting anyone yet. I only contributed so I can reflect later to see how things change

Always like waking up in the morning, knowing that Port is playing later in the day.

This game is more highly participated than most first pre-season hit-ups. Ryder back from a long term suspension, updated game plan, new forward structure and promising kids who'll be keen to make a good first impression.

11 hours and counting.

Last edited:
Agree. Neade is not so bad. But his height isn't great. With Johnson at 185cm vying for same spot. Neade is in danger.

But yeah, long way to go. I'm not delisting anyone yet. I only contributed so I can reflect later to see how things change

Krakouer is in front of Neade by a long way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back