Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters
sKpv728.png

Good win against the Roos, who do you think will be in/out for this Sunday's game?

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think they’ll reduce to 6 on the bench for this one.

Pierce out with concussion, replaced by Marshall.

Wilkie out (honourable effort tho). Paton out (just not likely to be in the round 1 side.

How the hell are we going to give game time to Acres and Long? Coffield even.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think they’ll reduce to 6 on the bench for this one.

Pierce out with concussion, replaced by Marshall.

Wilkie out (honourable effort tho). Paton out (just not likely to be in the round 1 side.

How the hell are we going to give game time to Acres and Long? Coffield even.
Marshall in for Lewie
Acres in for Paton maybe.
Young and Long in hopefully.

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
These selections are not form based but purely experimental and experience based.

Out: Wilkie, Paton, Dunstan, Brown, Phillips
In: Marshall, Long, Acres, Coffield, DMac.

This way, if big Lewie plays, we can see how we shape up with two rucks. It’s important to remember that Roma can play all lines. So battle could move to a wing or forward and play back when Roma is rucking for example. I also think it’s important Bruce, Membrey and McCartin get a game working together for as many minutes as possible and really gel.

What’s the go with Dmac is he availiable next week??

Geary Joyce Savage
Hind Roberton Webster
Clark Acres Billings
Kent Bruce Long
Membrey Paddy Lonie

Pierce Steele Gresh

Parker Ross Battle Coffield Marshall Newnes Sinclair (McKenzie??)​

St Pauls

All Australian
Jul 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would love to see Long get a run. Not sure how he fits because Lonie, Kent and Parker were all excellent yesterday.

Hopefully we can give Austin a run in for Brown. I thought Joyce was great too.

I would like to see Hunter, Gresh and Billings all get some more midfield time again. I thought in particular Hunter and Billings’ inside 50 kicks were very good and made us a different side.

I would also love to see Hind get another run, thought he was very good too.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would love to see Long get a run. Not sure how he fits because Lonie, Kent and Parker were all excellent yesterday.

Hopefully we can give Austin a run in for Brown. I thought Joyce was great too.

I would like to see Hunter, Gresh and Billings all get some more midfield time again. I thought in particular Hunter and Billings’ inside 50 kicks were very good and made us a different side.

I would also love to see Hind get another run, thought he was very good too.
They’ve been running Ben off the wing as well as HF. Baring a small set back with his calf, has been the standout pre season. Will walk into round 1 and should be there this week.

He’ll rotate Mid/Fwd with Gresh. Billing’s looks set for a unique roll of HB/mid/HF this year.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Definites
Marshall for Pierce - probably would have happened anyway.
Austin for Brown - suspended first game so Austin must play.

Ins - Coffield, Acres, McKenzie, Long

Outs - no idea.

I think they will play Wilkie again since he had to ruck yesterday. Paton only played a quarter so he should stay in.

Perhaps Lonie and a few of the seniors - Robbo, Dunstan Newnes

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Coff is a concern. I’m thinking he will be another Dunstan
In what way?

Dunstan had a ready made body for football, played entirely as a midfielder, burst onto the scene and has shown little improvement.

Coffield is a slim build, has mostly played half back and is learning how to play through the midfield.

The Coff is a concern. I’m thinking he will be another Dunstan
Sorry but footballers just don't become elite overnight. Some take few seasons, some need time. We ain't even sure what's his best position yet, how would we know if he will make it or not after 10 games and 1 solid preseason

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Loved the work from everyone against the Roos but there’s others that need a go before the season starts.

Young for Kent, save Kent for round 1 and give Young a go since he missed last game.

Marshall for Pierce. Fairly obvious change, give Lewie a rest for his concussion while also trialling a number one ruckman.

Austin for Brown. Brown will miss round 1 with suspension so Austin needs game time in preparation.

Long for Dunstan. Want Long to have a run so he’s ready for round 1, if fit. Dunstan played already in his contested game but can afford to miss a game and give our side some more speed with Ben.

Coffield for Webster. Just to give Coff a chance, JWeb did nothing wrong but no need to risk an injury to him while Coff can play half back.

Others to be dropped (if it’s only 22 this week, not entirely sure):
Wilkie, Paton, Phillips, Newnes.

Lineup.

Geary Joyce Roberton
Savage Austin Coffield
Sinclair Ross Billings
Long Bruce Membrey
Gresham McCartin Lonie
Pierce Steele Clark

Parker Young Hind Battle

Again, just want to clarify that the guys I’ve dropped didn’t play badly per say, they’re just the sacrifices to give others game time.

St Kilda and proud.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Loved the work from everyone against the Roos but there’s others that need a go before the season starts.

Young for Kent, save Kent for round 1 and give Young a go since he missed last game.

Marshall for Pierce. Fairly obvious change, give Lewie a rest for his concussion while also trialling a number one ruckman.

Austin for Brown. Brown will miss round 1 with suspension so Austin needs game time in preparation.

Long for Dunstan. Want Long to have a run so he’s ready for round 1, if fit. Dunstan played already in his contested game but can afford to miss a game and give our side some more speed with Ben.

Coffield for Webster. Just to give Coff a chance, JWeb did nothing wrong but no need to risk an injury to him while Coff can play half back.

Others to be dropped (if it’s only 22 this week, not entirely sure):
Wilkie, Paton, Phillips, Newnes.

Lineup.

Geary Joyce Roberton
Savage Austin Coffield
Sinclair Ross Billings
Long Bruce Membrey
Gresham McCartin Lonie
Pierce Steele Clark

Parker Young Hind Battle

Again, just want to clarify that the guys I’ve dropped didn’t play badly per say, they’re just the sacrifices to give others game time.

St Kilda and proud.
Probably won't happen if as reported, they'll pretty much pick the round one team.

Back