Review JLT Community Series game 2 - GWS V Sydney @ Blacktown

Remove this Banner Ad

It did!
Last season Barry Hall was in the red & white was the last time we missed finals in 2009!
We showed them with his toughness!

Toughness at the ball is where all our focus should be if we wish to win a p'ship. We have that!

Now GF day is a different story because there is no next week but seriously CM, in a practice match when the siren has gone?

But you may be right in that Marsh perhaps can't fight his way out of a paper bag but he isn't contracted to do that.
Speaking of the tough Barry Hall who hits people who aren't looking, (coward punch), we are still waiting for him to get in the ring with someone because he apparently went alright sparring with fellow footballers at training.

The problem with a boxing ring is that he might get embarrassed by someone that is actually looking at him & is fully expecting to be hit, but the sport also gives his opponent permission to belt the living s**t out of Baz!

All talk but no prize fight from the big Baz as yet over the years.

Big money on offer too for just one night, or one round perhaps, in the ring!

Green is a turd.

I reckon Marsh just didn't want to get a turd stain on his hands so he pulled away!
Great post!

Have you ever agreed with anybody else on this board when they have said anything negative about a Swans Player for whatever reason ???? Ever ????? :rolleyes: Watch it as many times as you like. Marsh s**t himself when Greene took the aggressive stance. It was weak to back pedal and let him have it over you especially after he had already called him a weak ****. Plain and simple. Most supporters on this Board have become fine with excepting that s**t after our hardness and take no s**t attitude walked out the Door with Barry Hall.

Who cares if he s**t himself or not as long as he performs. It's not fight club and GWS aren't worth entertaining

On the plus side, maybe the more perceptive commentators will be reminded that there were two teams in last year's grand final, and both of them were every chance with 10 minutes to go.

I get the jizzfest over the Dogs. What pisses me off is that after an incredibly close and thrilling GF, one team has since been almost completely written out of the narrative.

That was one of the great Grand Finals. One day, we'll be recognised for being equal contributors to what made it one of the great Grand Finals.
We played the ugly sisters to their cinderella in the AFL pantomime. Ugly sisters have done it tough ever since Walt Disney destroyed the original story

Have you ever agreed with anybody else on this board when they have said anything negative about a Swans Player for whatever reason ???? Ever ????? :rolleyes: Watch it as many times as you like. Marsh s**t himself when Greene took the aggressive stance. It was weak to back pedal and let him have it over you especially after he had already called him a weak ****. Plain and simple. Most supporters on this Board have become fine with excepting that s**t after our hardness and take no s**t attitude walked out the Door with Barry Hall.
In fairness to Marsh the game was over. With game over its all over for even the most marginally sane footballers. Greene is a vicious thug. Marsh did the right thing by stepping back.

In fairness to Marsh the game was over. With game over its all over for even the most marginally sane footballers. Greene is a vicious thug. Marsh did the right thing by stepping back.

Conolly as per your avatar and majority of your posts you are Old School. As am I and without hashing out Back In The Day type quotes that s**t Greene dished up and the Marsh reaction does not wash with me. Game over or not put the little maggot on his arse.

Who cares if he s**t himself or not as long as he performs. It's not fight club and GWS aren't worth entertaining

Yeah the ****** Giants knocked the s**t out of us in that final and apart from a bit of jumper pulling we never give a ****** yelp. Don't worry they know they have that one over us and you can bet Greene will let Marsh know next time they cross paths. As far as it not being fight club I don't condone being a thug for one minute but standing your ground and not dogging it is not negotiable. The Sport has no doubt changed from my time involved but so has society and people like me have to except that unfortunately but weakness and being soft is not apart of my outlook on anything. You have your opinion on it I have mine. We move on.

Conolly as per your avatar and majority of your posts you are Old School. As am I and without hashing out Back In The Day type quotes that s**t Greene dished up and the Marsh reaction does not wash with me. Game over or not put the little maggot on his arse.
I agree mate but in the old school there were long memories. Be good to see someone run right through the little grub next time we play them. And Johnston also. Anyone who puts the pommie revolver into someone lying on the deck like Greene did is a piece of excrement. Agree with your sentiments entirely just there is a time and place. Wish we had Stewie Gull playing. For those who weren't around in the 1970's Gull was a very good boxer. Better than Barry Hall. He out punched Rotten Ronnie Andrews going toe to toe. He was a very good centre half forward also. Believe he retired as a horticulturalist. Clip of him here in the first few seconds in the number 34.
http://australianfootball.com/articles/view/swans+v+tigers%2C+1978/1532

Yeah the ****** Giants knocked the s**t out of us in that final and apart from a bit of jumper pulling we never give a ****** yelp. Don't worry they know they have that one over us and you can bet Greene will let Marsh know next time they cross paths. As far as it not being fight club I don't condone being a thug for one minute but standing your ground and not dogging it is not negotiable. The Sport has no doubt changed from my time involved but so has society and people like me have to except that unfortunately but weakness and being soft is not apart of my outlook on anything. You have your opinion on it I have mine. We move on.
I agree.
I'm sick of watching us getting beaten up in finals.
Mills is a great example of a guy who doesn't go looking for a fight but won't back off an inch if it happens. I want a team of Mills' thanks.

I agree mate but in the old school there were long memories. Be good to see someone run right through the little grub next time we play them. And Johnston also. Anyone who puts the pommie revolver into someone lying on the deck like Greene did is a piece of excrement. Agree with your sentiments entirely just there is a time and place. Wish we had Stewie Gull playing. For those who weren't around in the 1970's Gull was a very good boxer. Better than Barry Hall. He out punched Rotten Ronnie Andrews going toe to toe. He was a very good centre half forward also. Believe he retired as a horticulturalist. Clip of him here in the first few seconds in the number 34.

Must of been growing some good s**t in that garden !!!! Multi Millionaire He is !!!!

Sadly for us in some ways our two hardest guys are

Disagree they should roll through to a flag as it is, give them nothing

Stand up for yourself, marsh s**t the bed cunningham style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish we had Stewie Gull playing. For those who weren't around in the 1970's Gull was a very good boxer. Better than Barry Hall. He out punched Rotten Ronnie Andrews going toe to toe. He was a very good centre half forward also. Believe he retired as a horticulturalist. Clip of him here in the first few seconds in the number 34.

Happened right in front of the Essendon members stand at Windy hill too! Wasn't present at that game but was told by a friend who attended every game.

I watched that again & to me it seemed Marsh was expecting a handshake & was surprised when the turd swung a fist at him.
Green is trash!
Marsh is a tough boy & can take a hit when all is fair during a contest & not when it is unexpected with a flying turd's fist! You might want to click a few channels back on your TV & watch the boxing channel where a counter punch can be expected.
Toby Green is awesome! Firstly he is a very talented player, but also very entertaining. I think he grew up in Albury or where ever and because of his talent played senior footy from a young age. Because of his baby face he would have copped heaps, and so he has developed this hilarious innocent face when he does something dodgy. How many times do we see him doing the "what me?" after something shonky. Hilarious.

The game was over, Marsh would have been letting all the tension go. To have Green in his grill after a game when he wasn't expecting it would have been confusing. He did what any player would have done in those circumstances and backed away. Marsh is not a coward, he just had no idea what the hell Green was on about. When you see the replay Green was hit by his own player, so Marsh had no reason to expect anything other than the usual handshake. Green had just gone all mad dog (which he does) and was his usual entertaining self.

Marsh pushed Greene straight into Taranto's elbow (much like Mumford pushed Frankling straight into Taranto earlier in the game), so Greene had a right to be a bit aggrieved.

I don't think there was much in Marsh's flinching/backing away beyond surprise, though. He didn't run scared the first time Greene swung at him, when it was a bit more expected.

Toby Green is awesome! Firstly he is a very talented player, but also very entertaining. I think he grew up in Albury or where ever and because of his talent played senior footy from a young age. Because of his baby face he would have copped heaps, and so he has developed this hilarious innocent face when he does something dodgy. How many times do we see him doing the "what me?" after something shonky. Hilarious.

Nope.

He went to Wesley and played football there and played TAC for Oakleigh (From all reports he wasn't exactly an upstanding citizen at School either).

I enjoy watching some GWS players (Enjoy watching D Smith, Mumford, Kelly and Patton) but Greene is a serious blight on the game, hits players behind the ball, doesn't keep his mouth shut and his public indiscretions have been shocking (Who seriously uses a crutch as an assault weapon?).

He went to Wesley and played football there and played TAC for Oakleigh (From all reports he wasn't exactly an upstanding citizen at School either).

I enjoy watching some GWS players (Enjoy watching D Smith, Mumford, Kelly and Patton) but Greene is a serious blight on the game, hits players behind the ball, doesn't keep his mouth shut and his public indiscretions have been shocking (Who seriously uses a crutch as an assault weapon?).
I agree, but grubs are entertaining, especially when they get taken down. Who isn't waiting for the day when Green gets pumped!

Makes no sense how the topic of conversation is about how one of our players is NOT being enough of a dickhead

Given the prick's history who knows what he could've done to Marsh had he decided to fight back.

I just don't know why you'd want any of your players being involved in any sort of a conflict that could result in injury or MRP action, just so they look tough.

The game was over, Marsh would have been letting all the tension go. To have Green in his grill after a game when he wasn't expecting it would have been confusing. He did what any player would have done in those circumstances and backed away. Marsh is not a coward, he just had no idea what the hell Green was on about. When you see the replay Green was hit by his own player, so Marsh had no reason to expect anything other than the usual handshake. Green had just gone all mad dog (which he does) and was his usual entertaining self.
You would have been really entertained in the Caulfield pub a few years ago when the little grub sank the slipper into a bloke unconscious on the floor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back