Review JLT Community Series | Game 2 | NM vs Hawthorn @ Arden Street | Postmatch discussion & review

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
- We are taking risks and running in numbers, playing attractive footy again.
- Simpkin showed glimpses of absolute class
- Preuss' aggressiveness
- Dumont
- Higgins
- EVW again
- I had North at the line of 19.5 and it paid $4

Negatives:
- Too many skill errors. It is only preseason but if these continue we will get hurt in the real season.
- Kicking for goal was terrible

Great day. Obviously an encouraging win helps. I knew we'd have a good pre-season once I heard Jon Ralph predict we'd lose all three.

I envisioned a busier crowd. We couldn't show up until 20mins before the game and was worried my young fella wouldn't see much. But we got straight to the fence on the wing and had no problems. Funny when the security guy tried to tell the crowd to move back from the fence to clear the path that was already clear behind us. By order of NMFC apparently. But people power prevailed and no one moved.

Great to have footy back.

Yeah, the circle jerk over O Meara had me reaching for the bucket...... Plus all the usual shite about how ' they just find a way to win '....Newsflash fellas... They didn't win...

I don't get it, ESPNs site is all about the Hawks recruits we great but north won, I've never been one for the victim mentality but s**t any credit what so ever?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldnt mid seeing him in the back half tbh, he's hard at the pill with pace. Most teams have at least 2 speedster forwards, Anderson, Williams would cover most. Im comfortable with our mid/ forward pace with the teams we've fielded so far so not against working Jed in from the back half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the circle jerk over O Meara had me reaching for the bucket...... Plus all the usual shite about how ' they just find a way to win '....Newsflash fellas... They didn't win...

And we need the win more because we dont know if we're coming or going and hawthorn are comfortable in their own skin.
I was like WTF.....if you cant smash a team like that you probably shouldnt be comfortable in your own skin and probably need the win to prove you are.

To be fair it was extremely well publicised that it was a sellout. I agree that the crowd looked like there was plenty of room for more, but I guess calculating the capacity at a stadium without seating would be challenging.
It's no just about how many people you can fit in. Also need the facilities to accommodate including food, drinks and toilets. Judging by the bar line - the ground was at capacity in some regards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is really encouraging.

With our limited KPD stocks he is so important to our future. There's barely a player on our list that we need to make it more than Durdin imo.

I thought LMac was excellent and probably deservedly in our bests, but yeah BOG is an overstatement. That was Froggy by a mile.

I thought Luke was commanding across hb, especially in the first half.

David King in the 3rd. 'Kicking has become a important part of the game' o_O

And I thought his player rating shite at half time reached the pinnacle of his stupidity.

Bloated peanut needs to get a larger size jacket.
To be fair, the quote was actually "kick ins have become an important part of the game" and he said this directly after a Hawthorn kick-in resulted in a mark and goal to us. Which is a good point in how 'much more' important kick ins now are in the modern game with teams employing such good defensive presses, therefore making it difficult for a team to cleanly exit defence from the kick in.

Just wanted to give Kingy a bit of defence, thought he was pretty good with his knowledge of the dimensions and characteristics unique to playing at Arden Street today

I thought Luke was commanding across hb, especially in the first half.
Completely agree, mate.

We all know that he's a competitive animal, but in the two matches so far Luke looks like he has matured significantly. It seems like he's already shouldered a decent amount of the leadership duties in our defensive group, along with JMac.

Great day at the footy. Beautiful weather and a lot of fun being around the NMFC faithful at our home.
Some tidbits:
- Dumont is on the verge of a breakout year
- Cunners + Higgo, both look back to their best
- Hrovat and Williams will both be there Round 1
- Zurhaar and Hibberd were both impressive, as was Dec Mountford
- EVW, Round 1 lock
- Preuss, think he plays Round 1 as a fwd/ruck, impressive athleticism for a big boy
- Simpkin = randymarsh.jpg

- Nice to see Jed Anderson walking around with his two little boys.
- Bar line was bloody long
- Stood on the hill next to Narni, he was quadruple parked on the Brunswick Bitters. Good to see him still around watching the lads.

To be fair, the quote was actually "kick ins have become an important part of the game" and he said this directly after a Hawthorn kick-in resulted in a mark and goal to us. Which is a good point in how 'much more' important kick ins now are in the modern game with teams employing such good defensive presses, therefore making it difficult for a team to cleanly exit defence from the kick in.

Just wanted to give Kingy a bit of defence, thought he was pretty good with his knowledge of the dimensions and characteristics unique to playing at Arden Street today
I liked Kingy today (other that his odd half time summery of both squads). He seemed to have his North hat on and it showed in his commentary.

He also pulled up Sandy Roberts who accused LT of 'almost' ducking.

If Swallows stuff up on the line upset you, what about his left foot kick into the middle in the third quarter? He has been a great servant to the club, but he can not be in the best 22 this year unless our injury list is horrific.

I'm surprised that he connected with the ball to be honest.

He's fearless as a player. But his skills are diabolical.

I liked Kingy today (other that his odd half time summery of both squads). He seemed to have his North hat on and it showed in his commentary.

He also pulled up Sandy Roberts who accused LT of 'almost' ducking.

He also talked up "the boy with the dancing feet" whenever he got near the ball. Think being at Arden street brought back some good memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back