Game Day JLT Community Series | Game 2 | NM vs Hawthorn - Arden Street (!) - Sunday 26 February

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many changes could be made I'm not even going to try and make a best 22. Would like Durdin and EVW to get another run off the back of their games. Full games for Wagner and Mountford. The rest can be chopped and changed to rotate players, allow for injury, rest and what not. Hope to see Zurhaar get a game and maybe J. Williams but he might be considered too slight for this level at this stage.

Based on today's game, and the players likely to return:

FB: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Lachie Hansen
HB: Ed Vickers-Willis, Sam Durdin, Jamie Macmillan
C: Shaun Atley, Ben Cunnington, Ryan Clarke
HF: Jack Ziebell, Jarrad Waite, Nathan Hrovat
FF: Lindsay Thomas, Ben McKay, Mason Wood
R: Braydon Preuss, Trent Dumont, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Matt Taylor, Aaron Mullett, Declan Mountford, Luke McDonald, Kayne Turner, Corey Wagner

Jy Simpkin and Andrew Swallow to sit on the bench for the first half and then come on fresh in the second, ala Wags and Mountford today.

Does Werribee also have a practice match next weekend so that the fit players that don't play against the Hawks can still get a game in?

Based on today's game, and the players likely to return:

FB: Marley Williams, Robbie Tarrant, Lachie Hansen
HB: Ed Vickers-Willis, Sam Durdin, Jamie Macmillan
C: Shaun Atley, Ben Cunnington, Ryan Clarke
HF: Jack Ziebell, Jarrad Waite, Nathan Hrovat
FF: Lindsay Thomas, Ben McKay, Mason Wood
R: Braydon Preuss, Trent Dumont, Shaun Higgins
I/C: Matt Taylor, Aaron Mullett, Declan Mountford, Luke McDonald, Kayne Turner, Corey Wagner

Jy Simpkin and Andrew Swallow to sit on the bench for the first half and then come on fresh in the second, ala Wags and Mountford today.
Goldy and Maj are expected to play, possibly Sammy Wright and Scotty T too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grand piano it was turned into will go around the ground on the back of Alan Obst just before the game.

Alan+Obst+North+Melbourne+Kangaroos+Training+A5w70LDxgP1l.jpg

EFA L_P.

Sammy? That's great news, thought he was still a little way off.
True, he is probably more likely for the GWS game, but could see some of these guys just playing a half of footy on Sunday. Sammy looked to be moving pretty well at training and would love to see him out there on Sunday.

Rather than give everyone a game, I would like us to focus on who are most likely to play round one and give them as much time to gel as a group because we have a lot of new people in the team.

Rather than give everyone a game, I would like us to focus on who are most likely to play round one and give them as much time to gel as a group because we have a lot of new people in the team.
I think the kids who were just given a taste of the action or filling a gap will be given a rest this weekend, i.e.. McKay, Larkey, Watson, Taylor. With Goldy and Daw coming back from injury, I expect Preuss to play the second half. I would expect Taz, Lachie and Thommo to be eased back too so plenty of juggling with the talls and game time. But tend to agree in getting the new midfield mix working together while auditioning the youngsters as part of this. Hope to see the group of Cunners, JZ, Dumont, Higgo, LT, Hrovat, Clarke, and Ats staying in the team like Tas mentioned. Would be good to see Mountford and either Hibberd or Wagner get more game time after just playing a half each. If anyone is to be rested, it would be Gibson, Swallow, and even Waite to give McKay another run. Would like that mention that Simpkin will get a run in JLT to happen on Sunday too if he is fit, just to get a brief look at the excitement Pykie was talking about.

My changes would be:
Out: McKay/Waite, Larkey, Watson, Taylor, Gibson, Swallow, Wagner
In: Goldy, Daw, Tarrant, Thompson, Hansen, Mullett, Simpkin

How long do people remember the Arden St Ground being......???

This is from the club website match info page......

Access
Gate locations
The main gate will be located on the Macaulay Road side of the ground, with a secondary gate located near the city. We strongly encourage patrons to use the Macaulay Road entry point as it is larger and you will get into the ground faster.

"....with a secondary gate located near the city."

I hope it's not windy. All the play will get bottled up in the rail yards..........

NORTH Melbourne will receive a major personnel boost for Sunday’s clash against Hawthorn with four first-choice key position players set to return from injury.

Star ruckman Todd Goldstein, back-up big man Majak Daw, and key defenders Robbie Tarrant and Scott Thompson have received the all-clear to play in the sellout battle at Arden St.

It will be the first official AFL match at the ground in 32 years with the AFL expecting about 5000 fans to pack out the suburban venue.

NARROW WIN: HIGGINS TALKS UP YOUNG, NEW-LOOK ROOS

RUGBY CONVERT: BIG ROOS WANTS TO REPAY THE FAITH

The club initially thought Goldstein would miss the first two pre-season games with ankle problems but the ace ruckman has progressed quickly over the past fortnight and is expected to make his first appearance of the JLT Community Series.

While their playing time will be restricted, the selection puts the gun quartet on track to take on West Coast in the Kangaroos’ Round 1 clash at Etihad Stadium.

And in more good news for North, top draft pick (No.12 overall) Jy Simpkin is also in line to make his debut against the Hawks.

62ea423deb81ba087aab85279284f7ab

Todd Goldstein is set to face Hawthorn. Picture: Tom Huntley
635fe7b6049063c369c8409ed6b819a0

Best-and-fairest winner Robbie Tarrant. Picture: Michael Klein
The speedy forward broke his leg last year but has made a quicker-than-expected recovery, impressing the Kangaroos’ coaches with his class and flair in attack in recent months.

Key forward Ben Brown is still unavailable as he recovers from knee surgery but remains hopeful of spearheading the forward line for the season-opener against the Eagles.

Best-and-fairest winner Robbie Tarrant will step straight back in after missing the Roos’ encouraging win over Sydney in Coffs Harbour on Sunday with a back complaint.

One of the league’s top key defenders, Tarrant is an integral component in Brad Scott’s plans to help contain West Coast’s dangerous tall forward set-up including dual Coleman Medallist Josh Kennedy.

Tarrant faces a potential match-up against Hawthorn skipper Jarryd Roughead on Sunday, although Thompson (adductor) and Lachie Hansen (Hansen) will help share the key defensive duties in their returns from injuries.

e7504465b81d842ce7cc594cd9bd8d4f

North Melbourne top draft pick Jy Simpkin is in line to make his club debut.
Their comebacks will provide a selection headache for Scott this week following impressive performances from some of the club’s youngsters including ruckman Braydon Preuss and defender Ed Vickers-Willis.

Captain Jack Ziebell was thrilled with the performance from the Roos’ lesser lights.

“Both teams fielded fairly young squads but we couldn’t have asked for much more out of the hitout,” Ziebell said.

“Looking at a few guys running out there today, Matt Taylor, Declan Watson, Nick Larkey, even Braydon Preuss, they’re all coming along in leaps and bounds.”

Preparations are already underway for Sunday’s match at Arden St, with the club to begin installing some fencing and other infrastructure at the venue today.

There were some concerns about the turf due to some unexpected rainfall over summer but the surface was expected to pass a ground assessment on Tuesday night.
/QUOTE]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/501313f0b8aa5c25545d25035f5bad30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back